STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• LegiaWwa

$50,000 to 1st
    $500 to 9th

46 matches

Ugh, DK.

But got some tickets to use, so I gotta play.

• JSteele

What happened to Bautista-Agut? No way he should be down 5-0 in the 2nd set. Did he get hurt?

• sox9

Pegula getting absolutely stomped

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Pegula getting absolutely stomped

Gasquet and early exit?

• thetitanlb

Wow Giraldo just got bageld in the 2nd set. Wtf is going on.

• sportsnut11

@thetitanlb said...

Wow Giraldo just got bageld in the 2nd set. Wtf is going on.

Shocked it was 6-0 but not shocked he lost a set to Bublik. Kid has game he just looks like a doof out on the court who is like blah I don’t care.

• sox9

Pegula gonna be gone in the time it takes to get a cup of coffee

• thetitanlb

@sportsnut11 said...

Shocked it was 6-0 but not shocked he lost a set to Bublik. Kid has game he just looks like a doof out on the court who is like blah I don’t care.

Oh agreed. The bagel is what gets me. Dont remember the last time i saw a bagel in a guys game. Especially one where you dominated the set prior. Wild

• sox9

@sportsnut11 said...

Not as amazing as RBA dropping a set 1-6

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Not as amazing as RBA dropping a set 1-6

Huge variability in tennis. Gotta go single bullet or 50 LUs—no in between?

• LegiaWwa

@Yeoman said...

I remember this from Cincinnati: Ostapenko’s second serve percentage was worse than her first. The softer she tries to hit it, the more errant it gets.

It’s really hard to watch; she’s such a good player otherwise, but I think she’s got a bad case of the yips on her toss.

Up to 13 double faults, but a tiebreak away from a straight set victory

• sox9

Feels like a lot of these players that were injured or withdrew other earlier tournaments or were older were just lying low, resting, rope-a-doping opponents for the Open (Zhu, Lopez, Berrettini, etc)

• sox9

RBA having a little trouble

• Yeoman

@thetitanlb said...

Oh agreed. The bagel is what gets me. Dont remember the last time i saw a bagel in a guys game. Especially one where you dominated the set prior. Wild

Maybe it’s the five-set matches; you get down a break or two and you start thinking about conserving energy. I remember Mayer a couple of years ago getting bageled but winning the other three sets. Even Nadal took a bagel last year.

I wonder if it happens more when it’s hot. It didn’t happen yesterday, all the men’s 6-0s were the last set of the match.

• Yeoman

@sox9 said...

Feels like a lot of these players that were injured or withdrew other earlier tournaments or were older were just lying low, resting, rope-a-doping opponents for the Open (Zhu, Lopez, Berrettini, etc)

I think by this time of the year everybody’s probably injured to some extent, at least enough to pass muster with a tournament physician if they need to manage their workload. And if you want to get paid, you have to go through the physician. I’m not saying they aren’t legitimate injuries, but I’m guessing some of the players playing those tournaments had injuries just as legitimate if they’d wanted to claim them.

• sox9

Did 3 LUs. All likely dead. One each w/Pegula, Granollers, Giraldo. Back to baseball.

• sox9

Pegula 20 FD points, Geezus Tapdancing Christ! What a complete choke in front of the home crowd. At least it wasn’t the Grandstand court.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Pegula 20 FD points, Geezus Tapdancing Christ! What a complete choke in front of the home crowd. At least it wasn’t the Grandstand court.

She singlehandedly wiped 25% of GPP entries in about an hour.

• Mikeybaywatch

Vikhlyantseva gave me serious false hope. Started off great.

• thetitanlb

I have watched Bublik a few times before and i dont recall his serve being this big. Weird.

• MotownGreek

@Yeoman said...

That’s the definitive response, because the only place it could ever even conceivably make sense is in cash on a very small slate. Since I never play cash, I couldn’t answer that for sure.

Would never be viable in cash. The play would only make sense if you can guarantee an Isner vs Mahut 2010 repeat again.

• titleist86

what about the late slate

• ccchalfant

Any chance for Garcia-Lopez to beat Isner

• JH822547

About 1 in 4.5 I’d say

• kyleb728

I’m not receiving points for Flipkens even though she has started? Please nobody tell me you don’t receive points if she was listed to play another opponent and it was changed.

• tristanwolf

@kyleb728 said...

I’m not receiving points for Flipkens even though she has started? Please nobody tell me you don’t receive points if she was listed to play another opponent and it was changed.

you get points they just do them after each set.

had a good start then muguruza got me. shoulda looked at her recent injury history.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler