TENNIS FORUM

Comments

• OttawaCityMadman

Finally another major to sink into. Bloody TON of ,matches the first day. Remains to be seen how many DK actually use. They have opened most of the contests today, but still no prices. There is no sched of play yet, I am not sure why? They might have some qualifiers to run for drops outs or something of the like. So we have to wait for the field to be finalised until we get prices and a schedule. But here is an early look at the odds. DIG IN!

WTA

ATP

I think the first thing we notice is the on the men’s side the overwhelming favourites compared to the woman’s side, no lady is over 9.5 for an upset. Simply means, no surprise to those that have bet tennis before, that the ladies are much harder to predict. But that is where we will find those 90+ scores we need to take down a GPP. The first 2 rounds you will need close or even over 500 fps to win… Look to target the gals in the 1.25- 1.35 range. They will be priced around $8.5k-$9.5k on DKs. You generally wont need any 10k+ players the first couple rounds.

• OttawaCityMadman

Kerber’s price will be interesting. I hope DKs misses her and puts he sub $8K. I know she will be rusty, but do Germans let themselves get rusty? I don’t think so ;)

• LegiaWwa

I can’t believe they are keeping it best of 5 for the men after such a long break. It will be interesting to see what kind of shape these guys are in. Medvedev was saying that he expects a lot of 2nd round withdrawals cause guys just won’t be able to recover.

• OttawaCityMadman

@LegiaWwa said...

I can’t believe they are keeping it best of 5 for the men after such a long break. It will be interesting to see what kind of shape these guys are in. Medvedev was saying that he expects a lot of 2nd round withdrawals cause guys just won’t be able to recover.

Survival of the fittest. I think its good, but the older bigger guys will definitely be moaning.

• JH822547

Have any of the contests been posted yet? (I’m on a one week time out)

Hopefully we get a decent $4 20 max.

• OttawaCityMadman

@JH822547 said...

Have any of the contests been posted yet? (I’m on a one week time out)

Hopefully we get a decent $4 20 max.

contests are posted yes (on DKs), but still only for Res. There is a $3 20 max, $500 to first.. The $4 is 3 Entry max, $100 to first. The schedule of play has been posted on theUsOpen site. Not sure if the field is complete, or they are still waiting on Alternates…

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

Me waiting for Tennis salaries to be released and FD to start posting contests. Hopefully not too long now with all the gambling companies releasing the h2h odds on each match.

• JH822547

Thanks OCM.

Based on the odds anyone see potential opening day upsets they want to target?

Blinkova over Brady.
    Blanch over Garin.

• LegiaWwa

Paire tested positive for covid.

Mannarino, Gasquet, Barrere, and Vasselin all in forced quarantine. Mannarino is on the Monday slate.

• OttawaCityMadman

@LegiaWwa said...

Paire tested positive for covid.

Mannarino, Gasquet, Barrere, and Vasselin all in forced quarantine. Mannarino is on the Monday slate.

Jeasus. Lol.

Still love Kerber,, glad she wasnt real cheap or she would be 50%owned. As it is I can see her as one of the most popular picks…

I cant dig in untill this eve. Got to look up some of the out of the top 100 players. If 2 are playing each other, its a great place to find a cheap upset. There is always some new teenager that goes on a tear…

• JH822547

Interesting pricing on Bondarenko/Kiick

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

Wondering whats going on with Fanduel are they just gonna not post any contests for Monday.

• Centrin21

Fanduel really sleeping on the job lol

• LegiaWwa

I love DFS tennis, but hate the first week of majors. Way too many damn matches.

• OttawaCityMadman

Here is a great article on some new faces. I bet one or two of them will go a few rounds https://www.wtatennis.com/news/1785690/introducing-the-2020-us-open-s-grand-slam-debutantes

• sports667

I’m ready for tomorrow. Seems a lot harder this major to really find those 6.5 – 7.5 priced winners that you need in order to plug in the potential big scorers. Def. worried about fatigue and withdrawals but excited none the less.

• OttawaCityMadman

@sports667 said...

I’m ready for tomorrow. Seems a lot harder this major to really find those 6.5 – 7.5 priced winners that you need in order to plug in the potential big scorers. Def. worried about fatigue and withdrawals but excited none the less.

yes,I think its going to be a wild one. Lots of upsets, 5 set’ers, and fatigue will def play a factor to the rusty ones…

• skleni

Bondarenko and Kerber…

• sports667

@skleni said...

Bondarenko and Kerber…

I wonder how high Bondarenko will be owned. Hopefully under 25 percent.

• OttawaCityMadman

I’ve got 7 in the Major Return. Hope my picks are on like last week. Lookin for that that 460+ score

• yisman

can’t find anyone below 17 on FD worth using

• yisman

Vekic not in FD player pool? Same for her opponent, the other Pliskova.

• JH822547

Bondarenko will be more like 50%

• dw12290

@yisman said...

can’t find anyone below 17 on FD worth using

I always play Bublik. Not recommending him but I get salary relief and somewhat of a good player when he wants to win.

• yisman

good enough for me

trying to fill out 7 or 8 entries FD reserved for me

• yisman

Lapko is my cheap recommendation at FD

Nakashima, a few dollars more, is another good one

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).