STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• skleni

Wimbledon is here and there is a $100K SLAM SERIES SPECIAL [$25K TO 1ST] on Monday on draftkings.
    Make sure to take a look on those statistics for matches played on grass. There will be tons of aces.

Can Roger do it one more time?

• JaBr

@OttawaCityMadman said...

If any of the top men slip below 72pts, it will be as good as a loss. I had Goffin who scored 59 in the win yesterday, in a 5/6 lineup. Killed it , did not cash…

I figured they would need to be around 80 pts judging how the other winners did today.

• OttawaCityMadman

@JaBr said...

I figured they would need to be around 80 pts judging how the other winners did today.

If Jrk is on and in the mood to end it quick, if he hits the bonuses, he be close to 90.

• cgg716

Thanks there are 98 lines with my score. Hope we see some Rafa, Nishikori in there. Can’t afford Nishikori with Joker. Maybe it will be only like 60 dupes in the end and I can walk away with a few hundred

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

C’mon Kei, Feds serve looks mediocre to start

• OttawaCityMadman

for all the Riske takers out there. Good finish for ya from the Pella BA match…

• Extravaganza

No kidding. I was actually sweating whether Pella was going to hit that serve bonus, heh.

I feel like like I have a real shot at tying for first for the Elite in England contest with Joker, Halep, Nadal, Riske, Strycova, Svitolina. Unfortunately the tiebreaker rules are so goofy that I am still pretty pessimistic about it.

• yisman

First try at Fanduel tennis. I screwed it up.

My choices were

Djokovic RBA Pella

or

Federer Nadal Pella

went with the second so figured all I had to do was drop RBA/Djokovic and add Federer/Nadal

Somehow wound up with the wrong order. Wonder how much this will cost me.

MVP 1.5x Pts R. Federer
    vs Nishikori
    4-6, 6-1, 6-4, 6-4 (F)

Guido Pella
    Star 1.25x Pts G. Pella
    vs Bautista-Agut
    5-7, 4-6, 6-3, 3-6 (F)

Rafael Nadal
    Player R. Nadal
    vs Querrey
    7-5, 6-2, 0-0

only top 11% paid. Tough to cash. https://www.fanduel.com/games/36878/contests/36878-227929513/entries/1759127540/scoring

• JaBr

@OttawaCityMadman said...

If any of the top men slip below 72pts, it will be as good as a loss. I had Goffin who scored 59 in the win yesterday, in a 5/6 lineup. Killed it , did not cash…

85.15 from Djokovic, but only 68.5 from Federer. Not looking good to min. cash.

• OttawaCityMadman

@JaBr said...

85.15 from Djokovic, but only 68.5 from Federer. Not looking good to min. cash.

yeah the sluggish start from Fed really hurt

• cgg716

Just one set from Querrey I’d have won about $850, damn. Top class from Rafa

• yisman

apparently my original lineup (Djokovic/RBA/Pella) would’ve scored 476.65 and taken down the contest. Amazingly, not a single person used that lineup (the reason I switched off of it was I didn’t want two guys going HTH in a GPP).

instead, there was like a 50 way tie for first.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

Just missed the elite in England t10th with the 2nd best score grrr. Oh well was a very successful tourney

• Ndepompei

Ugh Fed/nadal swap cost me tie for first and $900+ brutal

• LegiaWwa

Won $40 in that Elite for England contest with a lineup that only won $30 in the big $15 tourney. Maybe the first time a DK Freeroll bonus paid off!

• JaBr

When is the next DFS tennis event? That was kinda fun! … even though I didn’t get in until the round of 16.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

We’ll have more tennis Monday, I’ll be back with the blog then as well.

• JaBr

@Faucher said...

We’ll have more tennis Monday, I’ll be back with the blog then as well.

Where do you normally post it? In a thread on here or elsewhere?
    I read it the other day, thanks for the info!

• jscott2493

I tied for first in the England contest… guess they’re just splitting cash value and not doing the trip. Kinda bummed

• yisman

how many entries were in the freeroll and what was the prize pool?

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

@yisman said...

how many entries were in the freeroll and what was the prize pool?

802 entries, 10k prize pool, 5k was the first place trip to the us open

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

@JaBr said...

Where do you normally post it? In a thread on here or elsewhere?
    I read it the other day, thanks for the info!

I’ll usually post the link under a Tennis thread daily or under blogs you’ll find it

• yisman

@Faucher said...

802 entries, 10k prize pool, 5k was the first place trip to the us open

wow, nice. Really wish I had gotten an entry.

Better EV than most freerolls.

• OttawaCityMadman

@Extravaganza said...

No kidding. I was actually sweating whether Pella was going to hit that serve bonus, heh.

I feel like like I have a real shot at tying for first for the Elite in England contest with Joker, Halep, Nadal, Riske, Strycova, Svitolina. Unfortunately the tiebreaker rules are so goofy that I am still pretty pessimistic about it.

How’d it shake out?

• Extravaganza

Looks like I was on the losing end of their tiebreaker policy for the contest:

TIEBREAKERS
    If one or more DraftKings Players tie for first place in the Contest, the winner will be the DraftKings Player with the higher single-player fantasy points result for each drafted player in the lineup. For example, if DraftKings Player A and DraftKings Player B tied in the daily game, and Player A’s highest fantasy point scoring player was Roger Federer with 80 fantasy points, and Player B’s highest fantasy point scoring player was Rafael Nadal with 60 fantasy points, then Player A would be judged the winner. In the event that both teams have the same highest fantasy point scoring player, the same process will proceed down to the next highest fantasy point scoring player in each roster. In the event of two or more identical rosters, the player who first won an entry to the free $10K US Slam contest by drafting the highest scoring fantasy player of the day will be deemed the winner. If both players won entry by drafting the highest scoring fantasy player on the same day of Wimbledon, the player who entered their qualifying lineup first on that day will be deemed the winner.

With 10 winners and only 1 prize, lots of people are not going to be happy. Settling the tie with an obscure and un-intuitive tiebreaker does not really cheer me up much either.

• OttawaCityMadman

yeah CraZy

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).