PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 6-9

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Right now the field size sits at 95 golfers. The winner of the shell open is the last chance to qualify.

Last Year’s Winner: Danny Willet (-5)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (57 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

• desertdanny

Here we go! Masters and MLB. What a great time of year.

• Chip403

Gonna be an amazing week. First glance, in terms of pricing..man, clever to a degree, but for most playing at least 3-5 unique lineups, gonna be quite a bit of chalk I believe. Also noted when trying to roster DJ, Rory, and Rahm, its basically not happening unless you roster ol’ Freddie Couples or Mark O’Meara and pray for a miraculous made cut lol.

• astauty

@Chip403 said...

Gonna be an amazing week. First glance, in terms of pricing..man, clever to a degree, but for most playing at least 3-5 unique lineups, gonna be quite a bit of chalk I believe. Also noted when trying to roster DJ, Rory, and Rahm, its basically not happening unless you roster ol’ Freddie Couples or Mark O’Meara and pray for a miraculous made cut lol.

Freddie Couples ALWAYS makes the cut. lol

• Jaredmlevitt

I’ll be there for Tuesday’s practice round! Can’t. Hardly. Wait.

• Chip403

Noticeable pricing for event I noticed off first glance, I’m not gonna go back and forth and look at exact pricing per each golfer but a few I know, the others I at least know where they come up in terms of low-mid tier pricing and could be major value yet could result in mega chalk as I mentioned in previous post.
    Rahm- $8600- playing top of his game, even against the beast of Augusta and the game’s biggest stage, I love his odds..at this price..dial up mass exposure.
    Hadwin- 6900
    Molinari- 6800
    Fleetwood and Grillo both low end of 7k, Steele/Kuchar same.
    Hatton, another potential major chalk pick, I believe he’s in the mid 7k range.
    Opposed to chalk, some guys priced in terms of able to fit in any lineup (low end of 7k range)..using a bit recency bias. Charlie Hoffman and Michael Fitzpatrick. Masters seems to have a trend every so often in terms of a crafty under radar veteran winning it out of nowhere (hence Hoffman)..or a budding young guy who hasn’t made his splash or major arrival notice yet, which could be Fitzpatrick.
    J.B. Holmes was another priced around the 6.9-7k range who could have a solid outing but we all know could be boom or bust in such an event as the Masters.

• Chip403

@astauty said...

Freddie Couples ALWAYS makes the cut. lol

Haha, this is true..but can he keep up with the rising stars the tour is throwing out in recent year? If you think, he’s 6100 lol (I think).

• whodat2

@Chip403 said...

unless you roster ol’ Freddie Couples or Mark O’Meara

You spelled Bernhard Langer wrong :)

• benstnick

Anyone else mildly irritated at the 20 entry max on the Birdie? Pretty much all I do is max the Birdie. Why would they lower the entries on the best tournament of the year?

• Chip403

@benstnick said...

Anyone else mildly irritated at the 20 entry max on the Birdie? Pretty much all I do is max the Birdie. Why would they lower the entries on the best tournament of the year?

They want that Milli Maker to its fullest potential. I don’t mind the 20 max entree at all actually. I’m grinding for as many tickets to win before next week for the milli maker.

• Wander_Bread

Rahm might be 35% + owned in cash. Perhaps nearing 50% if he plays well at the SHO this week. 1st time on Augusta or not, this guy is fucking unreal.

14th in the world right now after ONLY 15 starts. Going to be tough to fade him at this price.

• benstnick

@Chip403 said...

They want that Milli Maker to its fullest potential. I don’t mind the 20 max entree at all actually. I’m grinding for as many tickets to win before next week for the milli maker.

I’m with you on that, but the milky maker payouts are horrible. Im not sure I can justify paying full price for an entry.

Birdie is always a ton of fun when maxed out. Next closest is the $9 tournament. Not sure I want to drop 1350 on that one.

• sjs1890

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBC Finalist

@benstnick said...

That 20 entry limit on that 600k birdie is awesome. Its about time DK did something right, they will most likely fill it easily also which should make them consider 20 entry on future tourneys more often.

• benstnick

@sjs1890 said...

That 20 entry limit on that 600k birdie is awesome. Its about time DK did something right, they will most likely fill it easily also which should make them consider 20 entry on future tourneys more often.

I’m just not a fan. I think it’s really hard to get any consistency week to week with just 20 lineups. Just my opinion though

• 4Champion

Very early forecast for the tournament looks awful. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain at all the whole week

• cmbarbee226

Feel like Oosthuizen and Westwood are going in the optimal lineup

• WidumBoise

@desertdanny said...

Here we go! Masters and MLB. What a great time of year.

So much THIS^

• WidumBoise

DK NEEDS to put a $1-$5 150 max entry tournament for the Masters if you are going to also run a $3 20 max.

• Cbed11

@4Champion said...

Very early forecast for the tournament looks awful. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain at all the whole week

Even though he is a first timer, Noren becomes very interesting if the weather is anything like last year.

• wolfshield

Name Salary
    Jordan Spieth 11500
    Dustin Johnson 11300
    Rory McIlroy 10600
    Jason Day 10200
    Hideki Matsuyama 9900
    Henrik Stenson 9500
    Rickie Fowler 9300
    Justin Rose 9200
    Justin Thomas 8900
    Adam Scott 8800
    Phil Mickelson 8700
    Jon Rahm 8600
    Bubba Watson 8400
    Sergio Garcia 8300
    Patrick Reed 8200
    Louis Oosthuizen 8100
    Brandt Snedeker 8000
    Charl Schwartzel 7900
    Danny Willett 7800
    Paul Casey 7800
    Thomas Pieters 7700
    Gary Woodland 7700
    Tyrrell Hatton 7600
    Tiger Woods 7600
    Jimmy Walker 7600
    Alexander Noren 7500
    Branden Grace 7500
    Brooks Koepka 7500
    Matthew Fitzpatrick 7400
    Matt Kuchar 7400
    Zach Johnson 7400
    Shane Lowry 7300
    Emiliano Grillo 7300
    Daniel Berger 7300
    Lee Westwood 7200
    Rafael Cabrera-Bello 7200
    Bill Haas 7200
    Martin Kaymer 7200
    Jim Furyk 7200
    Bernd Wiesberger 7100
    Brendan Steele 7100
    Kevin Na 7100
    J.B. Holmes 7100
    Steve Stricker 7100
    Charley Hoffman 7100
    Jason Dufner 7100
    Ryan Moore 7000
    Webb Simpson 7000
    Andy Sullivan 7000
    Byeong-Hun An 7000
    Russell Knox 7000
    Hudson Swafford 7000
    Pat Perez 7000
    Jeunghun Wang 6900
    Tommy Fleetwood 6900
    Kevin Kisner 6900
    James Hahn 6900
    Adam Hadwin 6900
    William McGirt 6900
    Curtis Luck 6900
    Scott Piercy 6800
    Kevin Chappell 6800
    Francesco Molinari 6800
    Roberto Castro 6800
    Ernie Els 6700
    Si Woo Kim 6700
    Jhonattan Vegas 6700
    Angel Cabrera 6700
    Mackenzie Hughes 6600
    Daniel Summerhays 6600
    Yuta Ikeda 6600
    Chris Wood 6500
    Soren Kjeldsen 6500
    Sean O’Hair 6500
    Brian Stuard 6400
    Billy Hurley 6400
    Bernhard Langer 6400
    Rod Pampling 6300
    Vijay Singh 6300
    Fred Couples 6300
    Ian Woosnam 6200
    Brad Dalke 6200
    Scott Gregory 6200
    Trevor Immelman 6100
    Mark O’Meara 6100
    Jose Maria Olazabal 6100
    Mike Weir 6000
    Sandy Lyle 6000
    Larry Mize 6000

DK Salaries are above – There was a request to list this out. Please note, additions to the field will be finalized Monday 4/3.*

• Cbed11

Are Tanihara, Leishman, and Ross Fisher the only people not yet in the pricing that have qualified?

• manoffewwords

@WidumBoise said...

So much THIS^

My 4K Oled UHD tv arrives tomorrow. Holes 11,12,13,15,16 televised in 4K. Can’t wait. Masters.com to stream live starting 9 :15 ET Thurs. Fri. Planning to pay for tv with winnings!

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Wander_Bread said...

Rahm might be 35% + owned in cash. Perhaps nearing 50% if he plays well at the SHO this week. 1st time on Augusta or not, this guy is fucking unreal.

14th in the world right now after ONLY 15 starts. Going to be tough to fade him at this price.

Not taking anything away from Rahm but he is a easy fade…first year at this tourney he will not win, could top 5 but could also miss cut..Augusta isn’t a course you walk on and dominate. The green complexes alone take a couple years to learn. Very few players walk on this course and dominate aka Woods and Spieth. In addition you have to be excellent around the greens. I suggest you watch him closely this week as the area around the greens are similar, I know this week will determine if I take him or fade him.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Cbed11 said...

Are Tanihara, Leishman, and Ross Fisher the only people not yet in the pricing that have qualified?

And perhaps the winner of the Shell open if he is not in the field currently. 29 players in the tourney this week that are in the Masters. I suggest watching those 29 players closely and some of there stats.

• whodat2

@bama16 said...

My 4K Oled UHD tv arrives tomorrow. Holes 11,12,13,15,16 televised in 4K. Can’t wait. Masters.com to stream live starting 9 :15 ET Thurs. Fri. Planning to pay for tv with winnings!

Make sure you have hdmi 2.0 cables…. learned my lesson last year.

• whodat2

@benstnick said...

but the milky maker payouts are horrible

Well as long as 1st place isn’t a gallon of milk, I’m in. :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler