PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 6-9

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Right now the field size sits at 95 golfers. The winner of the shell open is the last chance to qualify.

Last Year’s Winner: Danny Willet (-5)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (57 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

• monarch

First time playing FD golf. My one LU is at 125 with Rose, Phil, Charl and Spieth in rounds 3/4…I’m pretty excited

• JimKronlund

I agree that Hoffman cannot have another day he just had. I thought I heard wind could be a factor again tomorrow.
    I was talking to larkin1477 and he was up 25k last year on Sunday until speith quad that hole to get him to win only $800. Someone went the other way up for that to happen. We seem to forget every week how volatile every week is. Big swings are inevitable. Huge overlays and DJ out and some other big names will also be out. That allows swings to be even more volatile.

• BeeLo16

@whodat2 said...

A little warmer tomorrow, and about 15% less wing. Just an FYI.

Ya everything I keep reading says sustained winds around 15-18 mph with gusts around 20-24 mph

• 4thand11

Hatton absolutely killed me, what a pathetic performance.

• timusbr

OK so You all missed me today from posting every other minute, the thread still reached 115 pages by the end of rd 1.. LOL I love it.

So a recap on postings for the day…. Please dont anyone get mad its all in fun

Setting up a fund to get JimK TV in Canada, I cant hang with his only view of golf is his twitter hounding. He needs video. Cant believe he got off light from you guys. Now thats respect.

Noddy is losing today, he doesnt want to hear about people winning, So if you got something going..Keep it under your hat. And everyone should know the cut will be above par.

Dont get mad at Bif, for saying it was just 3 stairs, He told you he had 0% ownership. Besides when he broke his arm as a kid, His dad told him to rub some dirt on it and finish his chores. I am pretty sure it wasnt his sister running him over.

NickDeisel figured out how to use FD. Make a wish on what you want…Then click everything until you get it. Thanks Nick

When someone wanted to know what is the PIG, I really expected to see a picture of Hatton. whether its terrel or tierell it still stunk either way.

Can someone ask BIF about the cut again, I havnt understood it yet.. :)

I propose that anyone asking what the cut will be for the next 24 hours. The answer should be -2

damn, i am not gonna read every post the next time I miss a day.

• Dewoc19

when you go back through your lineup generator to see what percentage you own Hoffman at only to realize i also have Hatton owned at the same percentage and didnt even know it. ive been rooting for this guy’s failure all day cause i was confident i didnt have him, i know last night i was tossing and turning about whether or not to play him and i thought i ended up taking all his shares out, guess i didnt and boy i wish i had

• Perchking

Just got back from vegas so didn’t get to see any golf today. Looks like it was pretty brutal out there today.

• Cpjttogether

Well starting the day at $38 winning $648 was exciting. Back to reality now. J Vegas and 9 shots on 1 hole by spieth hurt. I have no idea how im doing but i know i need everyone to make the cut for once.

• DefinitelyMiami

@MattNielsen89 said...

But my highest % is Rory and Casey. By the end of the day, $198 entered, $209 currently winning. Not sure how the winnings shot up

You seriously have no idea?

It might have something to do with Rory going from +3 to Even, but thats just a hunch

• Cbed11

I just want Lowry to quit fucking putting the ball eight feet past the whole when he misses

• da__derf

@timusbr said...

OK so You all missed me today from posting every other minute, the thread still reached 115 pages by the end of rd 1.. LOL I love it.

So a recap on postings for the day…. Please dont anyone get mad its all in fun

Setting up a fund to get JimK TV in Canada, I cant hang with his only view of golf is his twitter hounding. He needs video. Cant believe he got off light from you guys. Now thats respect.

Noddy is losing today, he doesnt want to hear about people winning, So if you got something going..Keep it under your hat. And everyone should know the cut will be above par.

Dont get mad at Bif, for saying it was just 3 stairs, He told you he had 0% ownership. Besides when he broke his arm as a kid, His dad told him to rub some dirt on it and finish his chores. I am pretty sure it wasnt his sister running him over.

NickDeisel figured out how to use FD. Make a wish on what you want…Then click everything until you get it. Thanks Nick

When someone wanted to know what is the PIG, I really expected to see a picture of Hatton. whether its terrel or tierell it still stunk either way.

Can someone ask BIF about the cut again, I havnt understood it yet.. :)

I propose that anyone asking what the cut will be for the next 24 hours. The answer should be -2

damn, i am not gonna read every post the next time I miss a day.

Good summary of the day’s events. ;)

• da__derf

Depending on where the hole is placed on the par 3 16th in the coming days, there could be some hole in one chances. Last year there were three on Sunday: Oosty, Davis Love III and Lowry. That could be a big swing in points, sending whoever has that person on their team up the leaderboard (similar to Jhonny Vegas at the Honda with his hole in one).

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@da__derf said...

Depending on where the hole is placed on the par 3 16th in the coming days, there could be some hole in one chances. Last year there were three on Sunday: Oosty, Davis Love III and Lowry. That could be a big swing in points, sending whoever has that person on their team up the leaderboard (similar to Jhonny Vegas at the Honda with his hole in one).

Usually tomorrow it is up top, I think.

• elmore0631

@da__derf said...

Tomorrow pin won’t be as easy I would guess.

• ASitar

I guess the good news for Hatton is that he tees off at 9:28 and the heavy winds won’t pick up until early afternoon.

• BIF

@da__derf said...

The only other “hole in one” pin on 16 will be on Sunday which uses same slope/ridge as today – should see pins more to the player’s right side further from the water the next two days – its the same every year there

• gibbathy

2014 FSWA Golf Writer of the Year

• Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

I guess the good news for Hatton is that he tees off at 9:28 and the heavy winds won’t pick up until early afternoon.

He is not out of it yet.

Back in 2007 when Zach Johnson won it, The Masters had conditions similar to this week. Paul Casey and Lee Westwood (plus eight others) shot a 79 in round one. Five of those players (including Casey & Westwood) battled back to make the cut. Casey came 10th and Westwood came 30th.

Fingers crossed.

• gibbathy

2014 FSWA Golf Writer of the Year

• Blogger of the Month

@BIF said...

The only other “hole in one” pin on 16 will be on Sunday which uses same slope/ridge as today – should see pins more to the player’s right side further from the water the next two days – its the same every year there

I’m hoping number 2 has those nice eagle tries.

• BIF

@timusbr said...

TV in Canada

For the record, we Canadians do get Masters TV coverage…at least many of us do anyways.

We have a sports channel called TSN which is basically the Canadian version of ESPN. They actually have 5 channels (TSN1 thru TSN5) of which you get TSN1 and TSN2 with any basic cable or satellite package. TSN3 thru TSN5 come with any extended cable package or sports package add on – they are also all available in HD.

As far asMasterscoverage, it is excellent – beginning at 10am CT they had 4 channels broadcasting: – Amen Corner – Holes 15-16 – Feature Groups – a rotating Live look-in Channel with on site studio hosts including tour pro Brad Fritsch

That 4 channel coverage ran for 4 hours until the Full network TV coverage started at 2pm CT which three of the channels then all showed the same coverage thru to almost 7pm CT.

So considering we all live in Igloos, we have great Masters coverage !

• da__derf

@gibbathy said...

He is not out of it yet.

Back in 2007 when Zach Johnson won it, The Masters had conditions similar to this week. Paul Casey and Lee Westwood (plus eight others) shot a 79 in round one. Five of those players (including Casey & Westwood) battled back to make the cut. Casey came 10th and Westwood came 30th.

Fingers crossed.

Yes, fingers crossed for Casey and Westwood and Hatton.

• SlackerAtDFS

Anyone playing in the weekend golf gpp on DK? Seems dumb how they price golfers already without waiting till end of round 2……unless I’m missing something.

• BIF

@SlackerAtDFS said...

Anyone playing in the weekend golf gpp on DK? Seems dumb how they price golfers already without waiting till end of round 2……unless I’m missing something.

They had to publish early because it is a pretty tight window to do it if there ever was a delay plus lots of people don’t enter until there is prices

Since position points don’t count, their current position means nothing

DK said after the cut, they will update the player pages withwho is out/MC; they already marked DJ with a WD.

• da__derf

@BIF said...

So considering we all live in Igloos, we have great Masters coverage !

Plus you can get free beer if you just say you found a mouse in a bottle.

• tim51278

BIF who you like for weekend slate?

• da__derf

@SlackerAtDFS said...

Thinking about it. The pricing is interesting, there’s lots of similarities in pricing between players.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.