PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 6-9

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Right now the field size sits at 95 golfers. The winner of the shell open is the last chance to qualify.

Last Year’s Winner: Danny Willet (-5)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (57 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

• mgravity

@Cooper08 said...

I don’t think you have to wait for the overlay to develop on FD, it already has…I am worried this may be there last golf event, last one under current format, or last until they come up with a new format. They are going to lose so much money this weekend. For there $4 event they may get 50-60k entries at tops 75k…

Whats the overlay been like the last few weeks?

• BIF

@viperpuppy said...

If you guys were playing one milly maker LU, how much salary would you leave on the table? Jim? Bif? Jam?

Thanks

49700 or less

All my lineups are 49200+ so far

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@mgravity said...

Whats the overlay been like the last few weeks?

I think this is there third week, first week on the $3 was like 20k short, second week on same contest was like 1,000… this week 100k plus entries short it looks like.

• timusbr

I looked at FD and I bit into it. I think and hope that the $4 contest is a huge overlay. By me signing up, this is my bet that 70% is all that they will get.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@shamrock77s said...

I beat my driver at the Honda Classic like it owed me money…

Makes you wonder how much emphasis you put into these stats…now I am mixed on Hatton as he is like 98th in par 5 scoring and like 199 SG around the green…

• BIF

@mgravity said...

So back to LPGA rules debacle and outcome of the tournament. So what really happened is the USGA and LPGA let a outside agent (Russian? inquiring minds want to know?) basically determine the out come of the tournament. Clearly Lexi moved her ball…2 stroke penalty. Signing a incorrect score card? I thought that was disqualification? But 24 hours after the infraction you do not have the opportunity to sign a correct card. But this has ramifications to all of us that bet on this shit…I have money on one person and I see another person fuck up and I can wait a day and send a email (what is that email address anyway?) so the penalty is now double or worse and those slack ass MFer rules officials are going to asses a penalty I thing they are taking a cut? How many of you guys have been able to call in a face mask in NFL that the Ref did not see?

The more I see the reply (especially at Live speed), she clearly knew what she was doing – she was going to knock it in and then must have realized it was either sitting down or there was something in front of the ball. Why else would you pick up the ball and put it back down so quickly without realigning your alignment aid or just leaving it marked and let the other person who was away putt ? Sorry Lexi – Looks shady to me……..

• Dunzor

@BIF said...

ible GPP structure – almost $9 of your $33 goes to 1st place – assuming you only min cash, you have to cash 66% of your lineups to break even – I have not entered a single lineup yet and may not – I’ll probably watch the FD overlay develop and play the $25 entry over there instead.

I won 10 tickets with a $30 train for the SHO so I’ll be putting those in. Also built a fanduel lineup and entered it in most of their tournies since i can’t see them possibly filling considering they had overlay the last two weeks with smaller contests

• mgravity

@BIF said...

The more I see the reply (especially at Live speed), she clearly knew what she was doing – she was going to knock it in and then must have realized it was either sitting down or there was something in front of the ball. Why else would you pick up the ball and put it back down so quickly without realigning your alignment aid or just leaving it marked and let the other person who was away putt ? Sorry Lexi – Looks shady to me……..

Well, yes clearly that was intentional but it’s the 2 strokes the next day for the score card that seals the deal? If I was so smart and betting on the other girl I would wait and see if I could get the max penalty or DQ!?

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@timusbr said...

I looked at FD and I bit into it. I think and hope that the $4 contest is a huge overlay. By me signing up, this is my bet that 70% is all that they will get.

Sorry but they are not getting to 70%…that would be approx 150k entries…they are at 15k currently..they would need roughly 65k tomorrow and another 65k Wednesday….

• Quadhole

@BeeLo16 said...

Kevin Chappell is 30, Webb Simpson is 31, Ryan Moore is 34 and both McGirt and Piercy are in their 30s as well so not sure what your point is here

I meant 29….

• Logan7777

@BIF said...

Sorry Lexi – Looks shady to me……..

I don’t care how shady it looks…………………

I still don’t think the LPGA (or PGA or USGA) should make determinations of penalties based on some one spending time on their TV going back and forth with their replay to say “that’s a violation” and then way after the fact, “turning them in” for a violation via email That’s total BS.

The players in the group should have called it and if they didn’t, there is no violation. The player should of called it based on player etiquette. No call was made there. Thus, no penalty should have been assessed. That a penalty was assessed is total BS.

• BIF

@mgravity said...

BIF, Signing a incorrect Score Card = Disqualification…No?

Yup supposed to be but Tour changed the rule because when she signed the card it was correct with all the info they had at that time and they deemed it not intentional so it was a 2 shot penalty which is why she got the 4 shot total penalty (2 for wrong score and 2 for the violation of not playing from the correct spot).

In “real” golf it is a DQ but also known almost immediately after play as either the player or an opponent sees the error. I played in a tourney last year and after the first round I’m sitting with the 2 guys I played with having a beer and our scores are running on the TV as we sat there. I said to the one guy who I didn’t mark score for, “what did you shoot” he says 5 over “I said tough finish” as he tripled 18 then almost immediately I see his score go by on the screen. I say to him they got you for +4 75 ; he says“it’s par 71, oh fuck I’m DQ’d”. He added up the numbers for 75 and thinking it was correct as he thought it was par 70. He was pissed after making Triple on 18 and didn’t check it hole by hole – so we were a twosome the next day. Funny ending to that story was the same guy who marked his card obviously had mark my score the next day (as we were down to a 2-some) and fucked up a hole the same way for me where if I didn’t check I would have been DQ’d the next day. I shit on him after we signed our cards telling him to ASK what someone got if he didn’t know.

• mgravity

@Logan7777 said...

I still don’t think the LPGA (or PGA or USGA) should make determinations of penalties based on some one spending time on their TV going back and forth with their replay to say “that’s a violation” and then way after the fact, “turning them in” for a violation via email That’s total BS.

The players in the group should have called it and if they didn’t, there is no violation. The player should of called it based on player etiquette. No call was made there. Thus, no penalty should have been assessed. That a penalty was assessed is total BS.

The point I am trying to make is someone could make money off of this type of “call in rules infraction” that the officials allow to happen!! Maybe Lexi is throwing the tournament for big bet $$$ because the purse sucks for LPGA! I am not at all a conspiracy theory person. But, we as a group can all do the same LU’s and then like I said inundate the pga rules infraction hot line on everyone that is not in the LU…Genius!!

• hcassidy

@JimKronlund said...

Molinari was forced to withdraw from his last event at the WGC-Dell Match Play due to a minor wrist injury.
    Damnit, I wanted him here. Its nearly impossible to get any accurate information on how he is progressing. They keep that stuff very close to their chest.

yeah, wasn’t he the one that got pegged in the arm with an arrant shot?

• Quadhole

@Logan7777 said...

I agree with that, only, when it happens to stop in a divot, then the player should say to playing partner, look here….. If that player moves a ball, knowing it could possibly be a problem down the road, then that is also a problem.. Maybe she assumed it was ok ? Or, maybe no one was looking ?

• BIF

@Logan7777 said...

That’s another issue entirely than the shadiness of her mark, re-spot and putt action.

Personally I do not like the idea of calling in or emailing in rules violations so I agree there but my reason is that not all players are on TV so it is unfair to only penalize those who are on TV. I get you want to protect the field but how many people struggling to make a cut have done that or something else that skirts the integrity of the game and it was never seen on TV?

I also disagree with it being a 4 shot penalty as her score was correct when she signed it. Just give her the 2 shot penalty for not playing from the original spot or else DQ her because you believe there was intent and then she knew her score that she signed for was wrong.

• BIF

@hcassidy said...

yeah, wasn’t he the one that got pegged in the arm with an arrant shot?

No that was definitely Schwartzel who got hit in the ProAm and it was in Mexico (I think).

• blue

how chalky will lee westwood be? charley hoffman?

• Quadhole

@BeeLo16 said...

Kevin Chappell is 30, Webb Simpson is 31, Ryan Moore is 34 and both McGirt and Piercy are in their 30s as well so not sure what your point is here

I shouldn’t have wrote 30 or even 29.. I just am not playing them, really nothing to do with age…

• Logan7777

@Cooper08 said...

Sorry but they are not getting to 70%…that would be approx 150k entries…they are at 15k currently..they would need roughly 65k tomorrow and another 65k Wednesday….

They will get very close. This is their 3rd-4th week? They’ll get close to 95%. All those sharks will be pouring in the next 2 days.

• Logan7777

@BIF said...

Just give her the 2 shot penalty for not playing from the original spot or else DQ her because you believe there was intent and then she knew her score that she signed for was wrong.

That I agree with.

• hcassidy

@mgravity said...

So back to LPGA rules debacle and outcome of the tournament. So what really happened is the USGA and LPGA let a outside agent (Russian? inquiring minds want to know?) basically determine the out come of the tournament. Clearly Lexi moved her ball…2 stroke penalty. Signing a incorrect score card? I thought that was disqualification? But 24 hours after the infraction you do not have the opportunity to sign a correct card. But this has ramifications to all of us that bet on this shit…I have money on one person and I see another person fuck up and I can wait a day and send a email (what is that email address anyway?) so the penalty is now double or worse and those slack ass MFer rules officials are going to asses a penalty I thing they are taking a cut? How many of you guys have been able to call in a face mask in NFL that the Ref did not see?

really? PGA does the same on re-marking. what it does is open it up for all us to complain and bitch that he marked his ball and 1/4” off his mark. come on. it was a fucking joke as to what they did to her as any does it yet they did it. I mean good fucking god, Phil hung around in Mexico because 1 bystander (who probably had his ball in pocket) said it was stolen. After dude was everywhere, get a fucking grip. I am going to record all 4 rounds and call out a little fucking wind movement(that the did this week) as a fucking penalty for everyone but my 6!!!!

• mgravity

Can everyone here agree that we think 1 person somewhere in the world of 7.5 billion people influenced the outcome of that tournament? Can you do that with NFL, MBA, NBA? Pro Wrestling?

• hcassidy

@BIF said...

No that was definitely Schwartzel who got hit in the ProAm and it was in Mexico (I think).

it was one of them. but I think your right…..I just wont everyone off Molinari…..damn maybe Phil hit him.

• hcassidy

if my 6 in first 2 days maybe move 3MM on put I wont call but if anyone else remarks for any damn reason I got Augusta on the line.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler