PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 6-9

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Right now the field size sits at 95 golfers. The winner of the shell open is the last chance to qualify.

Last Year’s Winner: Danny Willet (-5)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (57 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

• mccoolio

Off the top of my head, weekend golf seems like a crapshoot. You get no bonuses for place finished. No real scoring changes either besides that.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@BeeLo16 said...

1. Rory
    2. Paul Casey
    3. Stenson

Casey is a sleeper? Please explain how he is a sleeper. Thanks

• zekemeout

1. Fowler
    2. Bill Haas
    3. Spieth/Stenson/Day

• BIF

@mabrla said...

I am already cringing remembering how much I hate following the Masters on their app. I hope it’s better this year.

I love it on their app because I love their scoreboard

• HunkerToe

@goleafsgo14 said...

guess I’m gonna have to stop being cheap since they made the player percentage on theline builder premium now fak

This is terrible news. I’m using a free trial on TFF this week but not sure what I’ll do after that.

• BIF

@mccoolio said...

Off the top of my head, weekend golf seems like a crapshoot. You get no bonuses for place finished. No real scoring changes either besides that.

Interested to see how they price it – I know it’s the same for everyone but if Spieth Rory Phil and DJ all make the cut but are all in 40th place, will that make their price higher or lower on the weekend ? I’ll definitely throw a few lineups at it.

I wish they doing the same format for the 1st 2 days only as the wind will likely make for some interesting results after 36.

• Jamcclea

@HunkerToe said...

This is terrible news. I’m using a free trial on TFF this week but not sure what I’ll do after that.

Pay for it, it’s worth it in my opinion

• hcassidy

@saulgoodman said...

lol

LoL all you want but they both fit the course in form with a few horses. but I think they could be it.

• Dunzor

@ASitar said...

Given it’s the biggest golf tourney of the year and we’re all going heavy in GPPs I’d like to try something (if you’re willing just put at the bottom of your reply when you leave one). I think this could help others in here add/or take a player out. I’d be interested to see some common names.

1. The “expensive” player you like most. I would say chalk, but that doesn’t necessarily mean expensive.
    2. The “sleeper” you like to be there on Sunday.
    3. You’re “fade”.

1. DJ (with Rory and Rickie not far behind)
    2. Kisner
    3. Spieth

• keephustlincuz

@zekemeout said...

1. Fowler
    2. Bill Haas
    3. Spieth/Stenson/Day

Bill Haas sleeper death train. I’m with you.

• WidumBoise

WEEKEND GOLF IS HERE ON DK!!!!!

• BeeLo16

@Cooper08 said...

Casey is a sleeper? Please explain how he is a sleeper. Thanks

20th in DK pricing so ya you are right not technically a “sleeper” but also don’t think he considered a “favorite” this week. Like him alot will have my fair share! Could change my #2 to Pat Perez who is more of a sleeper than Casey, not necessarily becuz i think he will contend this week but becuz he is a guy I always like to pull for and would like to see near the top of the leaderboard come the weekend

• mschu1213

Some brave fellas fading seith

• shamrock77s

@ASitar said...

Given it’s the biggest golf tourney of the year and we’re all going heavy in GPPs I’d like to try something (if you’re willing just put at the bottom of your reply when you leave one). I think this could help others in here add/or take a player out. I’d be interested to see some common names.

1. The “expensive” player you like most. I would say chalk, but that doesn’t necessarily mean expensive.
    3. You’re “fade”.

1. Spieth.
    2. Kjeldsen.
    3. Sergio.

1. Rory
    2. Woodland
    3. Fowler

• keephustlincuz

@shamrock77s said...

1. Rory
    2. Woodland
    3. Fowler

I have a feeling people are gonna be surprised with fowlers ownership this week. I don’t blame you there.

• mccoolio

@BIF said...

Interested to see how they price it – I know it’s the same for everyone but if Spieth Rory Phil and DJ all make the cut but are all in 40th place, will that make their price higher or lower on the weekend ? I’ll definitely throw a few lineups at it.

I wish they doing the same format for the 1st 2 days only as the wind will likely make for some interesting results after 36.

Yeah I don’t really understand how it is going to work. If the big dogs shoot poor, I mean they will be super chalk most likely. I am with you, I think they should be doing it for the first 2 days only. I think the fact that most will be able to see how the course is being played the first 2 days will cause extreme chalk and a lot of similar lineups.

EDIT: After thinking some more, I don’t like how this is morphing DK and FD into more of a similar product. FD golf is awful.

• Shlune

Dj
    Kaymer
    Thomas

• tristanwolf

@ASitar said...

3. You’re “fade”.

1. Spieth.
    2. Kjeldsen.
    3. Sergio.

1. Rory
    2. Westwood
    3. Day

• hcassidy

On FD I am going horse chalk 1st 4 then non winners 3-4

• da__derf

@ASitar said...

3. You’re “fade”.

1) DJ
    2) Westwood
    3) Stenson

• badtrip

@Jamcclea said...

The only thing more proposterious then a fan calling in a penalty is that LPGA admitted that was the source.

I would wager that the “fan” was someone at the elite level of connected rule nerd. A high up USGA person or someone that works as a rules official. I don’t see how it happens without a established relationship between the e-mailer and one of the rules officials for the tournament.

• billholler

My initial research without reading anything here or anywhere else, I picked Rory as my horse. Then read some analysis on other sites, blogs and podcast here plus projected ownerships. Now I think I will fade Rory. He is currently projected at almost 40% ownership. Think the chance of him missing cut is greater than his chance of finishing top 5. Think I will just ride with Stenson (just because he will be low owned) and old man Furyk. All chalk isn’t going to win you a million.

• Gathon11

So we can set exposures for every other sport on lineup builder but we have to be a premium member to use it with the PGA Lineup builder?

• da__derf

@mccoolio said...

FD golf is awful.

I’ve had way better success with FD Golf than DK so far. The product might suck from a playability and “sweat-ability” standpoint, but I’ll still take the winnings.

• mschu1213

@billholler said...

Think the chance of him missing cut is greater than his chance of finishing top 5.

Yeah, not so much

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler