PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 6-9

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Right now the field size sits at 95 golfers. The winner of the shell open is the last chance to qualify.

Last Year’s Winner: Danny Willet (-5)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (57 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

• MrSnuffleupagus

Thanks to DK and the new weekend slate this thread won’t be dead by sat and will be the biggest thread yet out of any golf ones before. Yippie !!

Fan duel as of right now 3 Am EST has to average about 6500 entries an hour to get to 220,000 : )

• miggs6876

I’m driving myself crazy trying to find the right lineup. Changed it so many times. I only play one small lineup in big tourney. Figure its better than playing the lottery.

• Stuffinglover

Fanduel will do some sort of promo thing and give away a bunch of free entries maybe? (Not to us but maybe new users?)

Its not filling because the rounds being separated makes the number of combinations a lot higher. It puts the sharks in a gamble situation instead of the usual almost guaranteed profit?

• shamrock77s

@billholler said...

I mentioned Rory at close to 40% but his projected ownership has dropped some today. I expect Spieth, DJ, Rahm and Marc “where’s the nearest water hazard” Leishman to all be 20-25% owned.

Funny you say that about Leishman…I play him every year at Sawgrass for the exact opposite water hazard logic. He’s never hit it in the water on #17 and he is a perfect 24/24 at getting it on the green there.
    http://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/05/11/marc-leishman-hole-17-the-players-championship.html

• shamrock77s

The last time I was this heavily invested in Rory in a major with an afternoon tee time on a soggy course with high wind was last year’s US Open when he destroyed almost every team I had with a 77…then, with the opportunity to get back into the tourney and make the cut Friday he turns a 10 foot birdie putt into a double bogey. Not that I am holding a grudge or anything.
    I think I’m dialing back my Rory exposure a little bit here…

• thekushhammer

@Kp24 said...

The Tour Card tourneys on DK look kinda fun.
    Play Albatrosses all season or for the next 3 majors.
    I have no doubt most if not all contest will fill, looks a bit short right now but those entries will roll in tomorrow

very creative idea i kinda like it, not sure if ill enter but i like it

• tebow45

Morning..if you in Augusta like me, you better take cover. Heavy rain and storms will be all day

• Quadhole

@badtrip said...

I love everything about the Masters except for all the ball washing time Golf Channel and CBS is going to spend on Tiger.

Yep, wouldn’t it be great if they did some real world stuff on TV. Interview with the backdrop, a mic passround at the champions dinner (like a wedding) Some family tidnits, anything other than the same old thing…
    I know the guy was great, for me, it pushed me away from Watching, you knew what was going to happen, boring…

• Quadhole

@timusbr said...

I got a question for you BIF.

not about Kjeldsen, Looking at the individual tourney stats for the last 4 years, I dont get why people are talking long ball. 260’s 270’s seem to be a standard ave from the tee. From what ive seen on all previous courses this year, that is very low. driving distance is a stat I tossed. Why would that be a bad thing?

One comment on low salary guys, I used 2 of them only because I had too, Kjeldsen on a prayer and Langer because, He is killin the old guys and everyone say’s experience matters. top 40 is my hope for either and better is cake.

Tell me if this is correct – On a hole like 15, many will layup thus destroying the rounds Driving Stat ? Guys that drive it long play that hole in 2 with possible eagle for sure a birdie. Thus, the reason it is ranked the easiest hole.
    They showed Tom Watson yesterday talking about it and he would play 5 iron, 5 iron, pitching wedge…

• Wander_Bread

Less than 24 hours!

• Quadhole

@cy1985 said...

Here’s a good article/podcast on some of the under the radar golfers that could win this weekend:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2017/04/mastery-of-the-unconsidered-golfers-who-have-a-shot-at-the-masters-who-you-may-not-have-considered/

CY, All those pictures on the site of YOU and someone ? That is a lot of pictures, many appearances… Looks like a bunch of fun…

• DfsBopBooth

Afternoon tee times tomorrow gonna be an issue?? Im fading Rahm, DJ and Rory for that reason. All in on Speith

• depalma13

I honor of the great Ric Flair, I have entered the all “Woo” lineup in this year’s Masters.

• BIF

@timusbr said...

I got a question for you BIF.

not about Kjeldsen, Looking at the individual tourney stats for the last 4 years, I dont get why people are talking long ball. 260’s 270’s seem to be a standard ave from the tee. From what ive seen on all previous courses this year, that is very low. driving distance is a stat I tossed. Why would that be a bad thing?

For starters, it will be cool and course will likely be soft so less carry and less roll at least for Thurs and maybe Friday as well. Throw in the wind and a few holes will be playing very long.

Back to driving distance, Augusta is a golf course that you know you are going to make some bogies on (especially the par 4’s). A shorter hitter can have success, but you better be able to hit a nice high soft landing 200+ yard approach shot on about 5 par fours. You also need to score on the par 5’s to be successful so length off the tee really helps and makes all four par 5’s reachable. In normal conditions:
    #2 is easily reachable for 50% of field but the tee shot likely has to be a draw and in fairway
    #8 is uphill so only approx 20% will go for it
    #13 and #15 are both reachable for 85% of the field but have huge risk/reward if you hit/miss green so only 50% likely go for it.

• BIF

@tebow45 said...

Morning..if you in Augusta like me, you better take cover. Heavy rain and storms will be all day

My buddy is in the ticket business and was selling the Wednesday practice round ticket which includes the Par 3 contest for $1200 to $1600 each with a hotel room.

No refunds or rain out policy as they are all resales of tickets.

Sucks to be a buyer (like many) who fly in and only go this one day.
    ———-
    Edit – I see guys dumping Wed tickets now for $150-200 so guessing no golf today and maybe no par 3 ??

• gmaloney34

Hadwin or Kisner DK gpp?

• mitchsnyderdfw

Talk on PGA Tour radio this morning is they are worrying about the afternoon winds and the ball “oscillating” on the greens from the wind. If they get really high winds in the afternoon and the ball won’t stay still on these greens, it will get delayed. Might give an advantage to the afternoon guys if they get delayed and have to finish round one on Friday morning.

• DfsBopBooth

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Talk on PGA Tour radio this morning is they are worrying about the afternoon winds and the ball “oscillating” on the greens from the wind. If they get really high winds in the afternoon and the ball won’t stay still on these greens, it will get delayed. Might give an advantage to the afternoon guys if they get delayed and have to finish round one on Friday morning.

Heard Friday morning was supposed to be cold. Im rolling with Thursday am and Friday PM guys. even if guys like DJ and Rory have to deal with the wind for 7-10 holes that’s a huge disadvantage.

• Wander_Bread

I don’t understand the wind talk. Every forecast I see has steady winds of 20-25 MPH all day starting at 8am…. not sure how early tee times have an advantage over a few MPH of wind less.

• maibockaddict

The Jason day narrative is now in full effect!

• BIF

@Wander_Bread said...

I don’t understand the wind talk. Every forecast I see has steady winds of 20-25 MPH all day starting at 8am…. not sure how early tee times have an advantage over a few MPH of wind less.

Afternoon gusts of 30-40mph are a few reports

Augusta’s greens are pretty undulating so doesn’t take much wind for them to get balls moving – last year Billy Ho had an 8 footer for eagle after his approach on #15 but before he got to mark the ball, the wind gusted and it rolled 50 feet off the green into the water. Bogey instead of Eagle/Birdie. It was almost unplayable at that point on some of the exposed holes.

Hopefully the softer wet conditions minimize that ball rolling activity

• tebow45

@BIF said...

My buddy is in the ticket business and was selling the Wednesday practice round ticket which includes the Par 3 contest for $1200 to $1600 each with a hotel room.

No refunds or rain out policy as they are all resales of tickets.

Sucks to be a buyer (like many) who fly in and only go this one day.
    ———-
    Edit – I see guys dumping Wed tickets now for $150-200 so guessing no golf today and maybe no par 3 ??

No rain until 2 now

• billholler

Down to 1 day to go and I am stuck on Day and Stenson for no reason other than they should be low owned. Also heavy on the early Thursday tee time guys and low apex guys. Only question, why is everyone hating on Kooch?

• astauty

Im going to fight the urge to tinker, and im going to fight the urge to play the weather narrative.

• rjkid1

I appreciate the insight..thank you.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler