PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 6-9

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Right now the field size sits at 95 golfers. The winner of the shell open is the last chance to qualify.

Last Year’s Winner: Danny Willet (-5)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (57 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

• Kp24

@bigdaddies said...

I have played MY guy Stuard, after dropping Hurl. He just looked really raggedy the last time I watched, but love his olderness….. LOL. Hope they drop Henley or Leish in that range, would make it really easy to jump either…………

Yeah dude I know Stuart is your boy. I’m probably gonna revise and drop someone to make room to bump out Hurley3 but you can make a case for all these guys.
    Good luck this week Bigdaddies

• Dewoc19

@Quadhole said...

This dude is crazy… Man, do you even play DFS ? How could you possibly fade someone that is 2-1-2 in 3 attempts at this MAJOR. The pressure is enormous and you want to fade him ? Just give me your $33

I mean I don’t think I’m playing Spieth either, maybe one or two shares, he is gonna be mega chalk with his CH

• Quadhole

Might try something different this time, guess I am still learning… I have a group of 4/ 5 guys I really like, not bottom or top guys… So, gonna use them in all and go high and low… Big mistake I make a lot is trying to spend the money… Hard to let 300.00, 600.00, 1000.00 sit there… You feel like, ok, well then i can switch this guy out for this better guy and that guy ends up not playing well. Easy to replace a 6500$ guy like reifers for a guy that is 40 years old, several wins under his belt and is at 7500.00…
    That means I have bad FORM….

• Bryan572622

@timusbr said...

OK Bryan, your local, your a degenerate enough to be on here, I assume you like golf, Know this course and history. Probably been there a few times, maybe even played it.

20mph + wind – 2 schools of thought I heard.

1) the course is defended from the worst of the wind. It can reek a little havoc. makes the course tougher

2) the course plays easier in the wind because a steady blow, eliminates the swirl effect of a breezy day. Golfers can adjust to wind but its tough to adjust for unexpected gusts from different direction, such as in amen corner.

Yep I’m a degenerate love golf play 2 times a week if I can never played the National. It’s hard to say on the wind honestly there is so much difference in the fromt and back nines . It really swirls on the back and more of a straight line on the front .

• moonshiner

tommy fleetwood this week?

• blue

cash game…kisner or hadwin? phil or rahm?

• Bryan572622

Course is about to close for the day . This might affect some of the rookies I would think

• Quadhole

Danny Willett is looking like Dom Hemingway on TV right now… Last year he looked really clean, young, nieve… Now all of a sudden… Maybe it was just the Camera…

• Jamcclea

@amanuel777 said...

Was there a $3 hybrid that already filled? The one I see in lobby pays only $500 for first place.

I think they made that one smaller and the 3 entry 5$ eagle larger.

• gibbathy

2014 FSWA Golf Writer of the Year

• Blogger of the Month

@Quadhole said...

This dude is crazy… Man, do you even play DFS ? How could you possibly fade someone that is 2-1-2 in 3 attempts at this MAJOR. The pressure is enormous and you want to fade him ? Just give me your $33

Please don’t read anything into this other than playing devils advocate.

Tiger Woods at Bay Hill is one of the most impressive course histories of all time (8 wins). After a stretch of 4 consecutive wins at the Palmer (2000-2003), Tiger then went 46th in 2004. If DFS PGA was around then, Tiger being the top priced golfer finishing 46th would be have been harmful for your overall team. No golfer in the world can keep such a remarkable pace.

Then fast forward 15 years from now and see Speith has never finished outside the top 3. Jokes

• whodat2

Rahm
    Pieters
    Hatton
    Noren
    Fleetwood
    Swafford
    Hadwin

Some interesting golfers that have no history here.

• tebow45

Raining hard in Augusta at the moment (since I live here)..Wednesday rain..Thursday/Friday windy

• Bryan572622

@tebow45 said...

Raining hard in Augusta at the moment (since I live here)..Wednesday rain..Thursday/Friday windy

What area you live Tebow?

• bigdaddies

@Kp24 said...

Yeah dude I know Stuart is your boy. I’m probably gonna revise and drop someone to make room to bump out Hurley3 but you can make a case for all these guys.
    Good luck this week Bigdaddies

Thanks Kp, need a WIN this week and made all my selections……Gonna sit back and watch. Having been here in 2000, this week could be fun and if the course is soft early, the win could be done by the cut…….IMHO. Fast dogs dont run far, but I’ll take one here is they can get a big enough lead. Does RCB come back and play better this week? He looked so disinterested last week.
    Does Mickelson buckle under the pressure of winning cause I need money? — —— – ———
    Does someone from this board named bigdaddies win big money this week? Indeed!

• tebow45

@Bryan572622 said...

What area you live Tebow?

West Augusta ..the rain is pounding

• Bryan572622

@tebow45 said...

West Augusta ..the rain is pounding

Yes I’m in Grovetown it’s fixing to get ugly for a bit

• tebow45

@Bryan572622 said...

Yes I’m in Grovetown it’s fixing to get ugly for a bit

Pretty sure the practice round is done for the day

• Quadhole

@moonshiner said...

tommy fleetwood this week?

A bunch of GOOD first timers. Fleetwood, Rahm, Hadwin, Stuard, Hughes, Vegas, Chappell, Swafford, Perez, Steele, Noren, Pieters, Hatton, …. Think the difference is if you are Young and first time because of skill vs older and hard work..
    Looks to me that fleet has struggle in majors… Not sure about here and he is playing great..

• Bryan572622

@tebow45 said...

Pretty sure the practice round is done for the day

Yes course is closed for the day

• Quadhole

@gibbathy said...

Please don’t read anything into this other than playing devils advocate.

Tiger Woods at Bay Hill is one of the most impressive course histories of all time (8 wins). After a stretch of 4 consecutive wins at the Palmer (2000-2003), Tiger then went 46th in 2004. If DFS PGA was around then, Tiger being the top priced golfer finishing 46th would be have been harmful for your overall team. No golfer in the world can keep such a remarkable pace.

Then fast forward 15 years from now and see Speith has never finished outside the top 3. Jokes

LOL…. I agree, it is hard to not have him… Did you see who the guy was I quoted ?

• Quadhole

@bigdaddies said...

Thanks Kp, need a WIN this week and made all my selections……Gonna sit back and watch. Having been here in 2000, this week could be fun and if the course is soft early, the win could be done by the cut…….IMHO. Fast dogs dont run far, but I’ll take one here is they can get a big enough lead. Does RCB come back and play better this week? He looked so disinterested last week.
    Does Mickelson buckle under the pressure of winning cause I need money? — —— – ———
    Does someone from this board named bigdaddies win big money this week? Indeed!

Bigdaddy, is that you in the avatar ?

• MrSnuffleupagus

I think you all need to look at the top 10 for past 5 years, all old school players with experience and hardly any first timers.

• MrSnuffleupagus

Also everyone seems to be putting a bigger chunk of their bank roll on this tourney cause the excitement from Masters week. It’s going to be hard to win and 6/6 is going to be really high since the bottom half of guys have no shot.

• bigdaddies

@Quadhole said...

Bigdaddy, is that you in the avatar ?

yup

• Cbed11

@Quadhole said...

A bunch of GOOD first timers. Fleetwood, Rahm, Hadwin, Stuard, Hughes, Vegas, Chappell, Swafford, Perez, Steele, Noren, Pieters, Hatton, …. Think the difference is if you are Young and first time because of skill vs older and hard work..
    Looks to me that fleet has struggle in majors… Not sure about here and he is playing great..

Vegas, Chappell, Steele, and Perez are not first timers.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler