PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kp24

@Cooper08 said...

Yes but I don’t think Rory will end up as high as you think.

Yeah on second glance, that was a poor example compared to Casey, not really the same price point.
    I am expecting Rory to be a sneaky high owned player but yeah, not quite the tier of Casey-Sergio-Fleetwood

• nicholasmarsh

Does anyone else have thoughts on Noren or other guys priced in that range?

• fuller7586

@nicholasmarsh said...

Reed’s preferred shot-shape is a draw

EDIT: We started a list last week, but still holes to fill: Golfer Information

Sweet. I must of had it backwards. So Reed should be a fit for Augusta then.

• nicholasmarsh

@fuller7586 said...

Sweet. I must of had it backwards. So Reed should be a fit for Augusta then.

Past results are not indicative of that, but right-to-left shot shape is the word on the street.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

My blog for the Masters has been posted with all other RG blogs. Should be an enjoyable read this week. Since this thread will go fast I will post the blog a few more times for people who missed plus it will roll down the blog list fast with all the other baseball and basketball blogs being posted. Thanks
    Coop
    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/coop-s-ultimate-master-preview-2457951

• Kp24

@nicholasmarsh said...

Does anyone else have thoughts on Noren or other guys priced in that range?

I originally was extremely high on Noren given his current form but he didn’t seem to settle in over his first trip to Augusta last year. I have tempered my enthusiasm from “this guy can win” down to “I might have some Noren but not a ton”

• chrissyfools

So will this year be a birdie fest, a la 2015, or more like last year with -9, or something similar, sitting atop the leaderboard?

• walkoff9

@Cooper08 said...

My blog for the Masters has been posted with all other RG blogs. Should be an enjoyable read this week. Since this thread will go fast I will post the blog a few more times for people who missed plus it will roll down the blog list fast with all the other baseball and basketball blogs being posted. Thanks
    Coop

This should be added to the OP that shows up every page.

• cjstout21

anyone like Bernd Weisberger this week? 6800, and he’s made the cut 3 straight years (43,34,22).

Recent form is a little shaky though as he has 2 MC’s in his last 3 starts while the WGC mexico did not have a cut but he struggled the first 3 rounds there.

• RangerC

@Quadhole said...

DeCham can screw up a lot of good lineups. He is going to be everyone punt. But the fact is it will be EVERYONE. His ownership will be high… Listening to the degens, a Finau was mentioned. That is a hard play…

How high will he really be? There are quite a few LU constructions where your last guy is 7800-7300, so a good 1/4th of the field won’t even go below 7300. Then at 7200 there’s Hadwin and Woodland, 7100 Hoffman, Henley and Kiradech, 7000 Zach Johnson (every casual’s favorite punt, right here), Molinari, and Moore, 6900 also has Perez, Steele, and Chappell (who still will be used) and 6800 has Dufner. All of these guys will have some ownership and I just think that at least 2/3rds of LUs will use 0-1 guys from this range. Maybe he gets to 10% but I don’t think that necessitates a fade.

• whodat2

@walkoff9 said...

• Logan7777

@deepfat said...

As the resident professional meteorologist on RG (at least as far as I know) here’s what I’m seeing thus far weather wise. No issue with wind until perhaps Saturday. Nothing crazy though. 10-15 mph. Looks like a very good probability for heavy rain Sat night which will soften greens and make mud balls for championship Sunday.

I thought Augusta was well known for mud balls no matter the weather. They mow the fairways green to tee so that the blades of grass point toward the player hitting. Tee shots roll against the grain as opposed to rolling over the blades thus picking up mud. Any mud on the ball will affect its flight.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@walkoff9 said...

I appreciate the suggestion walkoff and thanks to whodat for doing this. Very nice of both. Thanks

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@cjstout21 said...

anyone like Bernd Weisberger this week? 6800, and he’s made the cut 3 straight years (43,34,22).

Recent form is a little shaky though as he has 2 MC’s in his last 3 starts while the WGC mexico did not have a cut but he struggled the first 3 rounds there.

He doesn’t make enough birdies which hurts his DK point total.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@RangerC said...

How high will he really be? There are quite a few LU constructions where your last guy is 7800-7300, so a good 1/4th of the field won’t even go below 7300. Then at 7200 there’s Hadwin and Woodland, 7100 Hoffman, Henley and Kiradech, 7000 Zach Johnson (every casual’s favorite punt, right here), Molinari, and Moore, 6900 also has Perez, Steele, and Chappell (who still will be used) and 6800 has Dufner. All of these guys will have some ownership and I just think that at least 2/3rds of LUs will use 0-1 guys from this range. Maybe he gets to 10% but I don’t think that necessitates a fade.

Love that you had no mention of Webb Simpson within all your value guys.

• bangthedrummond

@Cooper08 said...

Coop

Very cool blog, thanks for the info. I was done with my entries, but now I’m going to make a few more lol.

But dude, you need to fix all of the “there” to “their”. Sorry but we all have our pet peeves. “C’mon Man!” lol

• BIF

@Supersharpie said...

Hey all, need a little assistance. I received a pop up promo from DK last week. I could have sworn that the deal was that if you entered the $33 Dogleg once you would receive a free ticket to the Millionaire contest. However, DK support emailed me a screenshot showing an offer explicitly stating you needed to enter the Dogleg twice to receive the ticket.

For those of you who also received the promo, do you recall whether it required two entries to the Dogleg?

Yes it was buy 2 doglegs – it was not gonna fill this past Thursday so they were pimping it with the promo

• Bastardo

@kps3205s said...

Would this help? Can type in the date and see specifics.

https://www.fantasylabs.com/pga/contest-ownership/?date=04062017

Edit: I believe the date I set it to is the Masters 2017 results since Rose has 99.5 DK points and Garcia 107.5 DK points

yes, thank you. Very helpful.

• Quadhole

@nicholasmarsh said...

So would you lump FleetGOAT in that group (non-contenders) or do you think he’ll contend this year?

I would, yes, along with Grace. I like Stenson @ 10-15% of lineups. I like just about everything Kim said in the podcast, plus he is hot…

• Quadhole

@nicholasmarsh said...

I guess I just didn’t think/realize Bryson would be that chalky. Back to the drawing board…

He will be because of Podcast, people know what he has been up too, etc… He could just be another Ernie Els in the fact that he loves it too much and will never get the job done.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@bangthedrummond said...

Very cool blog, thanks for the info. I was done with my entries, but now I’m going to make a few more lol.

But dude, you need to fix all of the “there” to “their”. Sorry but we all have our pet peeves. “C’mon Man!” lol

Thanks, I will keep that in mind for the future as I am not as strong in proper English as I am when it comes to understanding math and how the game of golf works.

• djbrdy14

Anyone know if DK is adding more contests for the Masters? They dont have the best selection right now…

• Dunzor

god damn it, why on earth during MASTERS weeks would DK make the free Silver/Gold/Platinum contests be NBA contests….I hate when they do NBA as I know nothing about if for DFS purposes, and this is literally the biggest golf week of the year…

• BIF

@Cooper08 said...

He doesn’t make enough birdies which hurts his DK point total.

Also not sure Weisberger can crack top 15-18 to really help you cash big

• nicholasmarsh

@Quadhole said...

He will be because of Podcast, people know what he has been up too, etc… He could just be another Ernie Els in the fact that he loves it too much and will never get the job done.

Which podcast? I might fade the TOUTS this week. Small field major so going to figure this one out on my own. I just don’t want to be persuaded and already know what to look for at Augusta.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler