PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• qatman

I have a gut feeling that Barnrat will do well this week, so I’ll probably toss him into my single bullet. I didn’t end up with any MM tickets and am going to severely restrict entries because I suck at DFS golf lately. After more research I think I am going to play either Day or Woods in OAD. Rose will be very chalky and Day has a shot I think to win. Or W/D, one or the other.

• timusbr

@Dunzor said...

god damn it, why on earth during MASTERS weeks would DK make the free Silver/Gold/Platinum contests be NBA contests….I hate when they do NBA as I know nothing about if for DFS purposes, and this is literally the biggest golf week of the year…

Gold is NBA, It appears silver is PGA.

As a gold ticket owner…..I agree this SUCKS.
    If anyone tries to get a silver ticket for a gold ticket and succeed. Please let me know

• Dunzor

@baggerly said...

I just got my ticket for silver and it is showing a Masters tournament

Man that really sucks then, why would they make the different levels entirely different sports…I guess I’ll have to contact DK and complain and maybe try to get entry into the silver contest instead or something

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@cjstout21 said...

haha true true.

So now you have – Phil
    JT
    Barnrat
    Paul Casey

Pick your winner from those 4 guys.

JT followed closely by DJ, Rahm and Tiger.

• Quadhole

@nicholasmarsh said...

I get Chappell (CH/Form), but why DeChambeau? All due to his performance at Bay Hill? I believe it was mentioned, but look at all other guys at or under $7K. ZJ, Moore, Fisher, Moli, Perez, Steele, Kaymer, Willett, Stanley, Walker, Dufner, Couples, etc.

I’m not trying to argue, or anything, but am confused as to why DeChambeau will be SOOOOO chalky.

You have a PM

• manoffewwords

@Cooper08 said...

They have some major adjusting to do on there pre tourney ownership as it appears they have everyone from 8.3k and above over 10% with some being well over, with the exception of Fowler possibly. This can’t happen.

They have just about all players between 7000 and 7600 with low 0wnership between 5-8%. Besides Chappel and Dech., Steele and Perez 10% All 4 below 7000. Looks as if they think stars and scrubs is way to go. You can pick 2 of these players and have 4.$9 avg. players left. You can make Stud loaded lineups,if you prefer this method. I do Agee with you that projected ownership for Rose and Tiger between 25-30% is too high.

• Gtzerphy

@cjstout21 said...

haha true true.

So now you have – Phil
    JT
    Barnrat
    Paul Casey

Pick your winner from those 4 guys.

Day

• ARightTouch

Does anyone else really like Hadwin? Cheap, in-form (T6-T9-T12-T17 last 4 results), 36th here on debut. I think he can top 10 easily if he plays well. What negatives are there? Does his game fit?

• Jeddy3

I said it in the first few pages and I’ll say it again. Eat the rose chalk this week.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@bama16 said...

They have just about all players between 7000 and 7600 with low 0wnership between 5-8%. Besides Chappel and Dech., Steele and Perez 10% All 4 below 7000. Looks as if they think stars and scrubs is way to go. You can pick 2 of these players and have 4.$9 avg. players left. You can make Stud loaded lineups,if you prefer this method. I do Agee with you that projected ownership for Rose and Tiger between 25-30% is too high.

Agree that it will be popular but what golf tourney have you ever seen were all of the players above 8.5k are 10% plus owned. Personally, I think what you are saying will happen quite often and if it does it will pull down the ownership on DJ, JT.

• manoffewwords

Correct me if I am wrong, but with only about 60-65 playable golfers,and 50 and ties and 10 shot rule,this borders on no cut event. It is all about what Stud golfers you are going to make a stand . Probably too obvious too post.

• Quadhole

@bama16 said...

Soft pricing will place ownership ACB.

No one deserves to be really high vs others right now.

Looks like everyone above 6900 should be $300 more.

I like it, doesn’t force you to pick between guys.

Guys that are better at this probably don’t like it.

EDIT : IMO

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@ARightTouch said...

Does anyone else really like Hadwin? Cheap, in-form (T6-T9-T12-T17 last 4 results), 36th here on debut. I think he can top 10 easily if he plays well. What negatives are there? Does his game fit?

His putting has not been good (if he was Jordan Spieth it would be the topic of his game) as he is being carried by his iron game. His iron game will be tested this week as he will have to hit longer irons than what he has been hitting since the course is longer. The fact that he is hitting longer irons more often should reduce the effectiveness he has seen recently in his iron game. I am not saying he is a bad play, I am providing you with the negatives you asked for.

• Jamcclea

@bama16 said...

Correct me if I am wrong, but with only about 60-65 playable golfers,and 50 and ties and 10 shot rule,this borders on no cut event. It is all about what Stud golfers you are going to make a stand . Probably too obvious too post.

You are correct. I treat this as basically a no cut event. 6/6 is not a guarantee to cash unless we have bedlam and a bunch of chalk somehow misses the cut.

• RangerC

The ownership is going to be really hard to predict because we don’t know what the lineup formats are going to be. Are many people going to play 2 guys over 9500? That drives up the ownership of the guys from 7300-6800. Will it be a popular LU to go Rose start and then 4-5 from 9K-7800 (skip the top and bottom)? Is 7700-7100 going to be a dead zone or will people own these guys because of the natural tendency to play guys from each tier in a LU?

Fanduel has the more interesting ownership Q: What will RCB’s ownership be? If he’s over 50%, do you even fade (which is usually automatic over 40%)?

• Quadhole

@ARightTouch said...

Past 6 weeks
    44th SGP
    46th SGOTT

past 12 weeks

46th SGP
    47th SGOTT

Career 108 plays

18th SGP
    54th SGOTT

Everything else he has really improved.

• SSlayton10

I will have lots of the barnrat this week. Probably my highest owned player under 7500 with about 30 lineups in.

• ARightTouch

@Cooper08 said...

His putting has not been good (if he was Jordan Spieth it would be the topic of his game) as he is being carried by his iron game. His iron game will be tested this week as he will have to hit longer irons than what he has been hitting since the course is longer. The fact that he is hitting longer irons more often should reduce the effectiveness he has seen recently in his iron game. I am not saying he is a bad play, I am providing you with the negatives you asked for.

That all makes sense, great insight Coops. In looking I see he was 18th in SGP in 2017 yet this year he is only 131st, yet the results keep on coming. If he finds his putter watch out!!

• blue

So they put Poulter in at 7600

• Mizzou311

Poulter 7600
    Cam Smith 6900
    Dylan Frittelli 6700
    Satoshi Kodaira 6500

• nicholasmarsh

@Quadhole said...

You have a PM

Got it. Responding now…

• osuryanf

@nicholasmarsh said...

I get Chappell (CH/Form), but why DeChambeau? All due to his performance at Bay Hill? I believe it was mentioned, but look at all other guys at or under $7K. ZJ, Moore, Fisher, Moli, Perez, Steele, Kaymer, Willett, Stanley, Walker, Dufner, Couples, etc.

I’m not trying to argue, or anything, but am confused as to why DeChambeau will be SOOOOO chalky.

Appreciate your input but did you just mention Danny Willett????

• osuryanf

@Mizzou311 said...

Poulter 7600
    Cam Smith 6900
    Dylan Frittelli 6700
    Satoshi Kodaira 6500

Interesting. Fritteli a decent pivot this week off the chalkier cheap guys?

• Quadhole

Market waited for quarter to end and unloading… Bastard scam fukers

• TrustinthePlan

@SSlayton10 said...

I will have lots of the barnrat this week. Probably my highest owned player under 7500 with about 30 lineups in.

Yes I will have lots of the Barnrat too this week. I feel like his game right now matches up well with Augusta. He can hit it long enough to go after the par 5s and he is also a good enough putter challenge these tough greens and to sink a few birdies.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler