PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• KindGuy

Should I even bother with a single bullet into the round 2 only gpp on dk?

I normally don’t play golf because i don’t play anything lasting more than a day so this is right up my alley!

Still, this is golf dfs we’re talking about; perhaps the biggest crapshoot in all of dfs.

• AVivier

@timgodd375 said...

Expected cut? 3 or 4? Which one do y’all think?

Pbly depends on pin placement, but I would think at least 4, maybe 5.

• Frustrated

Knew that they were doing single round games now but didn’t think they would scrap the weekend golf. Fucking idiots. I was planning on hammering weekend golf this week with it being a major and the fish swimming about. Highly successful with it last year which saved my bacon. Assholes. Now I gotta remember what my damn FanDuel username and password is at that shitty site.

• AVivier

@BIF said...

I don’t mind the Round 2 showdown thing ans even the Round 4 thing but they could have kept the 2-day Weekend Golf going off on Saturday’s

Single round showdowns? Damn greedy bastards are good at what they do.

• KindGuy

@Frustrated said...

Knew that they were doing single round games now but didn’t think they would scrap the weekend golf. Fucking idiots. I was planning on hammering weekend golf this week with it being a major and the fish swimming about. Highly successful with it last year which saved my bacon. Assholes. Now I gotta remember what my damn FanDuel username and password is at that shitty site.

LOL!

Yea, DK is going crazy with all these new game types. It’s diluting the prize pools for other types and sports. Smh.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

@AVivier said...

Single round showdowns? Damn greedy bastards are good at what they do.

Contrary to other sports where single game showdowns are incredibly retarded I think they could actually be interesting for golf.

• JimKronlund

@Frustrated said...

You sound like you are frustrated….I am as well by that. It has saved me every week for the last month.

• JimKronlund

@DSofM said...

Contrary to other sports where single game showdowns are incredibly retarded I think they could actually be interesting for golf.

Smaller GPP’s, less contests and someone will quickly figure out how to get the upper hand. But the smaller contests is what I foresee as the biggest downfall. Plus its really a lot of work to do golf properly… but i’m over-tired and grumpy as fuck. GN.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@JimKronlund said...

Smaller GPP’s, less contests and someone will quickly figure out how to get the upper hand. But the smaller contests is what I foresee as the biggest downfall. Plus its really a lot of work to do golf properly… but i’m over-tired and grumpy as fuck. GN.

Yeah I agree overall that 1 game slates/showdown slates are not that great for the game.

• AVivier

@DSofM said...

I enjoy NBA showdowns. You can play gameflow where if A happens, B will have a greater chance of happening too. Golf doesn’t have that, but it’s the Masters, so I’m in lol.

• dangasin

@BIF said...

Datagolf tweeted that they were not doing the Nightly SG data this week

I could be wrong, but pgatour does not own the rights to Masters shotlink data, therefore no SG data from pgatour for datagolf to extract .

• lfn1992

@DSofM said...

I’m not so sure. For weekend golf, so much of the game was pursuing that U70 bonus on both days. Now, the scoring is goofy, where a BOFR scores less than a birdie. And God Forbid some scrub holes-in-one a Par 3. It’s as if everything that made DFG a skill game is getting abandoned.

• KindGuy

@lfn1992 said...

I’m not so sure. For weekend golf, so much of the game was pursuing that U70 bonus on both days. Now, the scoring is goofy, where a BOFR scores less than a birdie. And God Forbid some scrub holes-in-one a Par 3. It’s as if everything that made DFG a skill game is getting abandoned.

This is an alarming trend across all sports. Shorter slates, faster payouts, higher rake. Not good.

• dangasin

@lfn1992 said...

It’s as if everything that made DFG a skill game is getting abandoned.

Which would not allow DK/FD to fall back on the UIEGA fantasy sports loophole during any legal matters. This was their main defense against NY Attorney General.

• AVivier

Did anything say DK won’t have Weekend Golf? I’m under the assumption they will have that too and this is just an additional money grab.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@lfn1992 said...

Yeah the scoring system might be shit, I honestly haven’t looked at it at all. Just the idea of one day golf sounded more intriguing to me than a one game NBA or NFL slate.

• cy1985

Go Tony Finau! 80 to 1 win ticket over here. Let’s keep pulling miracles.

• dangasin

Do people use windows or mac here?

• walkoff9

@AVivier said...

Did anything say DK won’t have Weekend Golf? I’m under the assumption they will have that too and this is just an additional money grab.

They said it on twitter.

Maybe they will change going forward but who knows.

Ultimately i feel like the contests will just be too small for each day for most events. Although the contests for the sunday round are very impressive.

• miggs6876

@mgravity said...

I think Sergio is toast? Love him but…Did not see how that 13? happened. life got in the way.

He is just not mentally into golfing right now.

• TeamTwerk

Very disappointed to see there is no weekend slate. I wish the wind would be howling tomorrow afternoon so I could load up on morning guys. With minimal weather advantage I guess just picking all guys that are good and happened to suck yesterday is the way I’m going to go.

• miggs6876

Pretty exciting golf today. Looking forward to tomorrow. So many big names have put themselves in good position. I’m kicking myself for not playing Kuch at 9.5k. Hanging on to min cashline. Spieth and Rcb really saving me. I’m expecting Mats to make a run tomorrow and Sat. Seems like he always starts out slow. Hoping Buba can work his magic too. Lots of exciting golf to come.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Honestly don’t think Sergio played that bad today… Maybe he could’ve hit a different shot on 15 after a few rolled into the water but he was making birdies before that (and he even birdied the next hole). Yeah that one hole ruined his tournament but I think he can shoot a good score tomorrow still.

• fluffynuggets

@DSofM said...

Honestly don’t think Sergio played that bad today… Maybe he could’ve hit a different shot on 15 after a few rolled into the water but he was making birdies before that (and he even birdied the next hole). Yeah that one hole ruined his tournament but I think he can shoot a good score tomorrow still.

Now, Joe, are you sure it’s wise to use sound reasoning on these boards? Pretty sure they are for vast over exaggeration and extreme tilts. And, maybe, the occasional bit of bragging.

• dangasin

@DSofM said...

Maybe he could’ve hit a different shot on 15 after a few rolled into the water

Sergio watched Tin Cup one too many times

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.