PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• miggs6876

@fluffynuggets said...

Now, Joe, are you sure it’s wise to use sound reasoning on these boards? Pretty sure they are for vast over exaggeration and extreme tilts. And, maybe, the occasional bit of bragging.

Sound reasoning? Sergio shot an 81. That is beyond terrible. Every hole counts. The logic of saying he played well with the exception of one hole is absurd.

• fluffynuggets

@miggs6876 said...

Sound reasoning? Sergio shot an 81. That is beyond terrible. Every hole counts. The logic of saying he played well with the exception of one hole is absurd.

Now, now. No need to get all worked up miggs.
    As you stated earlier, you’ve not seen the 13. Was it an atrocious blow-up hole? Absolutely. Much more a case of poor luck, however; not being “completely checked out.” Would that Sergio were to have made par on that one hole (granted he did not), he’d be sitting at +1 – and in the thick of it.
    In the context of the tournament, yes, he is toast. In the context of a play for single-day DFG, still quite viable.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

@miggs6876 said...

Why is that absurd? He played every hole fine but one… Normally that would result in like a double bogey or something. Today it resulted in a +8.

• miggs6876

@DSofM said...

Why is that absurd? He played every hole fine but one… Normally that would result in like a double bogey or something. Today it resulted in a +8.

Because every hole counts. Its as simple as that.

• miggs6876

@fluffynuggets said...

Now, now. No need to get all worked up miggs.
    As you stated earlier, you’ve not seen the 13. Was it an atrocious blow-up hole? Absolutely. Much more a case of poor luck, however; not being “completely checked out.” Would that Sergio were to have made par on that one hole (granted he did not), he’d be sitting at +1 – and in the thick of it.
    In the context of the tournament, yes, he is toast. In the context of a play for single-day DFG, still quite viable.

I hear you if its for single day play for tomorrow. Yet, he still didn’t play great even if you discount the 13. He was average at best. I can’t see recommending him tomorrow. He’s not cheap either. Much more viable plays imho.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

@miggs6876 said...

Because every hole counts. Its as simple as that.

Well obviously every hole counts, but golfers have the ability to play some holes well and some holes poorly (surely you can recognize that). Unfortunately Garcia’s error was magnified quite a bit when in most cases it wouldn’t have done as much damage as it did in this instance.

Due to this I think the general public will overreact and completely ignore him tomorrow when he is in arguably the highest upside position out of any golfer. He is totally sunk and has no choice but to attack every pin in hopes of shooting a really low number. The pressure is off him now too, and he is still a great golfer who (if you remove one hole) really had an average day on the golf course. So that leads me to think he’s a great play tomorrow.

• fluffynuggets

@miggs6876 said...

I hear you if its for single day play for tomorrow. Yet, he still didn’t play great even if you discount the 13. He was average at best. I can’t see recommending him tomorrow. He’s not cheap either. Much more viable plays imho.

If you can, check out a clip of his first water ball. Had he flown it 1.5-2 feet further, he’d have been in great position for a negative number on the hole; and would, indeed, be in contention. Alas, he did not. So, for the tournament (barring a miracle round) he is toast. He does, though, still have a shot at that miracle. That possibility could propel him to a phenomenal round. Not saying it will; but as a leverage play for tomorrow, you could do worse.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts; we’d all have a wonderful Masters!

• medlund

Man I played too much Jason Day… glad I moved off him a bit yesterday morning at least.

• JimKronlund

@fluffynuggets said...

Now, Joe, are you sure it’s wise to use sound reasoning on these boards? Pretty sure they are for vast over exaggeration and extreme tilts. And, maybe, the occasional bit of bragging.

Fluff please dont bring logic in to this ;/

• krighton

@medlund said...

Man I played too much Jason Day… glad I moved off him a bit yesterday morning at least.

You may be wishing you had more by evening

• miggs6876

@DSofM said...

Well obviously every hole counts, but golfers have the ability to play some holes well and some holes poorly (surely you can recognize that). Unfortunately Garcia’s error was magnified quite a bit when in most cases it wouldn’t have done as much damage as it did in this instance.

Due to this I think the general public will overreact and completely ignore him tomorrow when he is in arguably the highest upside position out of any golfer. He is totally sunk and has no choice but to attack every pin in hopes of shooting a really low number. The pressure is off him now too, and he is still a great golfer who (if you remove one hole) really had an average day on the golf course. So that leads me to think he’s a great play tomorrow.

That’s your opinion which you are
    certainly entitled to. However, I strongly disagree.

• medlund

@krighton said...

You may be wishing you had more by evening

If that’s the case then I am going to be a happy man tonight

• ARightTouch

By the way Garcia will want to play the weekend, he has to be there Sunday to put the jacket on Spieth

• MurphysLawl

Well, after a winter hiatus, I’m back.

• MrBreeze

Good Friday morning & YAY GOLF!

• Falconsfly

Hey guys. How do you play weekend golf? Wouldn’t mind trying a single bullet, but have no idea where to start..any tips? Obviously guys coming from behind..but wasn’t sure exactly where to look. Thanks!

• MurphysLawl

I just noticed round by round golf, finally took DraftKings that long eh?

EDIT: Anybody have a “round” golf lobby open? Username is Band_Of_Idiots.

• krighton

that $5 round 2 sold out pretty quick….so stack up the favorites so far or go contrarian…i dont see how you can fade spieth

• Gtzerphy

@medlund said...

Hoping for a nice turn around from him today. Between the three studs (Day, Rahm, Scott) at +3, I like Day’s chances the best to go low today.

• noddy

I have a gazillion lineups and only 2 are min cashing. Today can only be better. Happy Friday boyz!!!!

• noddy

Somebody is going to shoot -5 today. Who’s it gonna be?

• medlund

@noddy said...

Day please…

• macG31

Just check start times, and none of my guys start until group 13. Guess I’ll be cheering for meltdowns this morning.

• miggs6876

@Gtzerphy said...

Hoping for a nice turn around from him today. Between the three studs (Day, Rahm, Scott) at +3, I like Day’s chances the best to go low today.

Well, you should be in great shape if you are buying the flawed logic regarding Sergio. All the top guys should do great.

• miggs6876

@noddy said...

Rory.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler