PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• timusbr

Finally feel good about Barnrat, Aphi this everyone, always on my do not play list, So he made some cash the last few weeks, I didnt have him and didnt have his help in DK pts. I also never thought to use him here in Augusta and I feel real good about that. As a matter of fact, I feel real good about barnrat on most Thursday thru Sundays

• BIF

Threw 15 lineups in the $5 Round 2 showdown GPPs – played 98% of my guys from groups 3 to 15 (of the 29) today as the wind forecast that I saw said starting at noon the wind picks up by 5-7mph but more importantly the gusts increase significantly and will be 20-25 mph.

• miggs6876

@ARightTouch said...

+2 you mad? Easily goes +4 or +5

I agree. No way cut goes to 2.

• Supersharpie

@miggs6876 said...

I agree. No way cut goes to 2.

Plus…keep in mind the line is technically +4 right now since everyone within 10 shots of the leader gets in.

• JimKronlund

@miggs6876 said...

Sound reasoning? Sergio shot an 81. That is beyond terrible. Every hole counts. The logic of saying he played well with the exception of one hole is absurd.

DSofM’s post was about perspective and context. Then formulating a strategy on how to capitalize on that.

Miggs you questioned her for not using, “Sound reasoning”. Then called what was only her opinion as, “absurd”.
    That is disrespectful even if you disagreed. To reach that conclusion you changed what she said 2 times in 2 different posts. She clearly stated that her opinion was that, “(I) don’t think Sergio played that bad today”. Then qualified why she said that with, “Maybe he could’ve hit a different shot on 15 after a few rolled into the water but he was making birdies before that (and he even birdied the next hole), Yeah that one hole ruined his tournament but I think he can shoot a good score tomorrow still”.
    You changed what she said the first time to, “The logic of saying he played well with the exception of one hole is absurd”. Two posts later you changed her opinion for a 2nd time and used, “played great”. That is not what she said and it was not even the point of her post.

The last part of her post was the point. on why Sergio may be a good pick for DK’s new daily contest. She certainly did use sound reasoning and there was not anything that resembled as being absurd. To further her point. Sergio did win this last year. In his last 2 tournaments he was 4th at the Valspar Championship and shot 70, 72, then shot 69, 65. Before that at the WGC he was T7th and shot 68, 65, 69, 70. So he is more then capable of playing well moving forward. For todays contest Sergio is $8200. There are 13 golfers above him that are as high as almost $2000 more. There are 29 credible players below him within $1000. Sergio is a very good suggestion that probably will have low ownership as well.

RG just wants people to post differing opinions in a respectful manner. That is not too much to ask.

• osuryanf

@miggs6876 said...

Oh no, Finua is Really hurting might not be able to continue. Maybe the fade was right.

Elaborate on this, I’m not watching any of the online range coverage.

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Someone correct me if im wrong. At least the past 3 masters the top 11 all played in the WGC mexico except one top 11 person in 2016 (lee westwood). Other than that not only did they all play in WGC mexico but they all placed rougly no lower than 38 with a few at 49 or 55 but most were 38 and above. This could mean nothing, but in my analysis that’s the only thing that kept me off stenson. I follow patterns, if this pattern holds then that means stenson will fall back below top 11 before the dust clears because recent trend is not in his favor.

I’m not sure the past is a great predictor of the future in all cases and you can find a million trends this week that will continue or not continue after Sunday. The guys who love the Course History spreadsheet will tell you every week that the trend continues for some and busts for others.

Stenson probably would have played in Mexico as it is a WGC event and free FedEx and OWGR points as well as free money but got the shits last year from something he ate and struggled with it all week.

• Wander_Bread

Doug Ghim can play

• rsw34

@miggs6876 said...

Oh no, Finua is Really hurting might not be able to continue. Maybe the fade was right.

He said on the range he was feeling even better than yesterday…

• timusbr

@JimKronlund said...

“(I) don’t think Sergio played that bad today”

Sergio scored more DK pts than many players much farther up the leaderboard. bogies and specificly dbl+ bogies are not penalized on DK (not much). He play’s well he makes the cut and he is still viable to make many pts.

IMHO many people posting this week dont fully understand that the PGA leaderboard is not DK pts. Sure a bonus system for finishing position is out there but really 7 to 30 pts is the bonus for top 10.

• cjstout21

@miggs6876 said...

• Wander_Bread

@osuryanf said...

Elaborate on this, I’m not watching any of the online range coverage.

See my post last page. He said he was feeling great just 20 mins ago so unless something changed in that short time miggs is just speculating

• BIF

@Cooper08 said...

The last five Masters winners have all finished T17 or better at the WGC Mexico/Doral so yes there may be a correlation but hard to say definitely.

Agree Coop and I wouldn’t say Stenson falling back this week would have anything to do with not playing in Mexico – it would have way more to do with this course not being a great fit historically. He has remained committed to hitting 3W and sacrificing yardage at a course with mostly generous fairways that rewards long hitters. Augusta is a 2nd shot golf course and the easier you can make that shot the better. Also Henrik is not the highest apex hitter so that is a slight disadvantage as well. Scrambling has never been a great part of his game either so he needs to hit 13-14 greens here which is tough because balls hit to wrong place will roll off greens.

This was for NDNole more than a response to you Coop

• mabrla

Jimmy!

• osuryanf

@Wander_Bread said...

See my post last page. He said he was feeling great just 20 mins ago so unless something changed in that short time miggs is just speculating

Not surprising, miggs tends to do that and stirs things up quite frequently.

I didn’t play any Finau so I really don’t care if he WD’s, plays, or whatever.. was just seeing if there was anything to his post.

• whodat2

@JimKronlund said...

DSofM’s post was about perspective and context. Then formulating a strategy on how to capitalize on that.

Miggs you questioned her for not using, “Sound reasoning”. Then called what was only her opinion as, “absurd”.
    That is disrespectful even if you disagreed. To reach that conclusion you changed what she said 2 times in 2 different posts. She clearly stated that her opinion was that, “(I) don’t think Sergio played that bad today”. Then qualified why she said that with, “Maybe he could’ve hit a different shot on 15 after a few rolled into the water but he was making birdies before that (and he even birdied the next hole), Yeah that one hole ruined his tournament but I think he can shoot a good score tomorrow still”.
    You changed what she said the first time to, “The logic of saying he played well with the exception of one hole is absurd”. Two posts later you changed her opinion for a 2nd time and used, “played great”. That is not what she said and it was not even the point of her post.

The last part of her post was the point. on why Sergio may be a good pick for DK’s new daily contest. She certainly did use sound reasoning and there was not anything that resembled as being absurd. To further her point. Sergio did win this last year. In his last 2 tournaments he was 4th at the Valspar Championship and shot 70, 72, then shot 69, 65. Before that at the WGC he was T7th and shot 68, 65, 69, 70. So he is more then capable of playing well moving forward. For todays contest Sergio is $8200. There are 13 golfers above him that are as high as almost $2000 more. There are 29 credible players below him within $1000. Sergio is a very good suggestion that probably will have low ownership as well.

RG just wants people to post differing opinions in a respectful manner. That is not too much to ask.

Jim I don’t think DSofM is a girl lol.

• osuryanf

DSofM is def not a girl lol.. but that hideous thing in his avatar is a girl.. Yuck!!

• ARightTouch

Damn Poulter just can’t hole a putt at the moment, 23ft on 1 for bird, 18ft on 2 for eagle and 10ft on 3 for bird

• Jamcclea

@ARightTouch said...

Damn Poulter just can’t hole a putt at the moment, 23ft on 1 for bird, 18ft on 2 for eagle and 10ft on 3 for bird

Those distances aren’t gimmies, especially at Augusta!

• noddy

@ARightTouch said...

Dammit

• ARightTouch

@Jamcclea said...

Those distances aren’t gimmies, especially at Augusta!

I know but just 1 of them would have been nice!

• cjstout21

@ARightTouch said...

I know but just 1 of them would have been nice!

He’s 2 strokes better through 3 holes than what he was yesterday.

• osuryanf

@ARightTouch said...

Those are very tough putts on this course.

He’s -1 after 3 holes, a very good start for him.

• ARightTouch

4 looks like a monster today, Poulter hit his tee shot 220yards and that was only good enough to find the front bunker. Pin is at back

• NDNole

@BIF said...

Agree Coop and I wouldn’t say Stenson falling back this week would have anything to do with not playing in Mexico – it would have way more to do with this course not being a great fit historically. He has remained committed to hitting 3W and sacrificing yardage at a course with mostly generous fairways that rewards long hitters. Augusta is a 2nd shot golf course and the easier you can make that shot the better. Also Henrik is not the highest apex hitter so that is a slight disadvantage as well. Scrambling has never been a great part of his game either so he needs to hit 13-14 greens here which is tough because balls hit to wrong place will roll off greens.

This was for NDNole more than a response to you Coop

I see your point. Makes sense.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).