PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• flashman888

No. I’m being completely serious. I have no idea. I’ve heard that in big tourneys that you have to have close variations on the perfect lineups to win. (Yes. I am a fish. I almost always lose. But I don’t mind admitting it. Lol.)

• JimKronlund

@whodat2 said...

after he told one of the guys here

Whodat I quietly addressed that.

• JimKronlund

@flashman888 said...

No. I’m being completely serious. I have no idea. I’ve heard that in big tourneys that you have to have close variations on the perfect lineups to win. (Yes. I am a fish. I almost always lose. But I don’t mind admitting it. Lol.)

Perfectly acceptable question. Nothing in stone but would be very surprised if it didn’t.
    But volatility/variance is going to change a lot.

• BIF

@walkoff9 said...

I will continue chasing Matsuyama and Fleetwood. Fowler a bit as well.

Basically the elite guys yet to post a real low round.

Day

• lfn1992

Anyone else coming to the conclusion that it just seems like it’s Leishman’s year to win? He’s been remarkably consistent first two days and if anything the piss-poor weather will work even more to his advantage.

• Pointgiven

Is RG going to have a Fanduel lineuphq for the weekend?

• flashman888

Thanks for the response. I do know enough to be hopeful. Just trying to manage expectations for the sake of sanity while watching. I have 6/6 PGA lineups almost every week and I’m almost always surprised to see how few of them actually hit. I was assuming the huge number of entries only makes that more likely.

• unageo09

I have Hoffman, Kuchar, Leishman, Reed, Rose, and Woods bringing up the rear. I just hope they can keep it going this weekend and Tiger picks it up.

• JimKronlund

@Pointgiven said...

Is RG going to have a Fanduel lineuphq for the weekend?

I am trying to get into it lu builder and cant. Will keep working at it but I think for Fanduel there isn’t.

• MrSnuffleupagus

If anyone can make a Voodoo doll of Stenson and stab him in the knee, would be nice of you, I guess Whodat who lives in NO could make this happen = )

Bubba
    Rose
    Reed
    Leshman
    Fleetwood
    Kuch is what im sitting on

• BIF

@lfn1992 said...

Anyone else coming to the conclusion that it just seems like it’s Leishman’s year to win? He’s been remarkably consistent first two days and if anything the piss-poor weather will work even more to his advantage.

I’ll be surprised if he wins as his history here is not great with 3 MC with 2 made cuts (4th and 43rd). His 4th was a nice finish but he was never a threat to win on the weekend shooting 66-73-72-72.

A lot of golf left but I think Reed wins it or Spieth/Rory make up ground tomorrow and steal it from Reed on Sunday.

I’d say the same thing about Reed’s poor history here but he has a winner’s attitude and I chalk up his some of his bad finishes here to him not grinding it in and falling down the leaderboard 10-15 spots because he had no chance and has the “if you aren’t 1st, you are last” attitude.

• whodat2

@JimKronlund said...

Whodat I quietly addressed that.

Next time :)

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

welp… time to triple down on fading kuchar/hoffman/reed on the R3 slate…

• whodat2

@DSofM said...

welp… time to triple down on fading kuchar/hoffman/reed on the R3 slate…

Don’t fade Kuchar

• whodat2

BTW…. you and Krighton would make a lovely couple.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

@whodat2 said...

Don’t fade Kuchar

Im in too deep already. He’s gonna be super popular and I really cant see a reason to play him other than “because other people are” so I’m just gonna stick to my guns and if it fails, it fails.

• JimKronlund

@whodat2 said...

Next time :)

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get shit on you, but only one likes it.

• whodat2

Tee times say Casey out early by himself….. so does he have a marker or not? If it were me, I like the chance to play quick, but I also like to learn from someone’s read. Hmmm.

• GaryScott59

My lineups were destroyed today. My one 6/6 has three at +5. Two rounds played, two to go so most anyone could go -8 on the weekend and most any of the top guys can go +8. This is in play for anyone with 6/6 if you have the winner and a couple other top tens…all imo.

Last year I cashed 5/6 in the 117 player $2 wins 20 and $5 wins $50 multiplier games. Had both Rose and Sergio and a couple other high finishers. Do not despair…yet.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

Tee times say Casey out early by himself….. so does he have a marker or not? If it were me, I like the chance to play quick, but I also like to learn from someone’s read. Hmmm.

The marker is unofficial so never in the tee times

Casey has the choice of taking him but it is strongly recommended by the Masters committee so players take him

• whodat2

@BIF said...

The marker is unofficial so never in the tee times

Casey has the choice of taking him but it is strongly recommended by the Masters committee so players take him

• dangasin

Is Rahm’s type of leaderboard movement common? Hoping for casey to do the same, but having fear he remains at the bottom

• fluffynuggets

@JimKronlund said...

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get shit on you, but only one likes it.

Funny, yet very true wisdom for life.

• JimKronlund

@fluffynuggets said...

Funny, yet very true wisdom for life.

Growing up on a farm you learn stuff like that, lol

• eperson911

@NDNole said...

I will be on full alert. I have a 6/6 in 91st place and a 6/6 at 144th place. Anything can happen but I can honestly say this is the first time I truly have a shot at a big cash. I was as high as 11th place today.

Good luck! I will be rooting for you

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.