PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

@sox9 said...

I dunno, just figured having 1st, 5th and 12th and all six players making the cut would have yielded a better payout. Hell, I was happy all 6 guys made the cut given the course.After Reed, McIlroy and Rose didn’t have a lot of money left roster other high priced players. Wish I had Cam Smith in their though instead of Grace.

Is 1st 5th and 12th and all six surviving the cut a terrible lineup? Not sure I can pick much better than that.

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Damn stenson came in and punched me right in the mouth.

Fuk’n Swede

• BIF

@krighton said...

im rooting hard against Reed…i hope he putts if off the green

We expected nothing less from you Krighton and you were probably still cursing Hadwin while Reed was putting.

• lendahand21

Can’t wait for the Open. Golf majors are probably my favorite sporting event other than the nba finals

• bigez952

@sox9 said...

Is 1st 5th and 12th and all six surviving the cut a terrible lineup? Not sure I can pick much better than that.

If your talking about the Milly maker that tournament is all about the win and not one to build a bankroll with just having solid lineups. You have to be nearly perfect in that contest for a decent cash.

• BIF

@sox9 said...

I dunno, just figured having 1st, 5th and 12th and all six players making the cut would have yielded a better payout. Hell, I was happy all 6 guys made the cut given the course.After Reed, McIlroy and Rose didn’t have a lot of money left roster other high priced players. Wish I had Cam Smith in their though instead of Grace.

27.5% had 6/6 and it is a very Top heavy payout

20+% had a bunch of the guys who finished well ahead of your Rory/Rose plays. You needed to swap those for Spieth/Fowler and then you had a reason to complain. Also Rose was a very low fantasy scoring guy with minimal birds – compared his fantasy points to many others tied and even 3-4 shots behind.

• walkoff9

Single bullet with Chappell cashes but gave back the winnings with the showdown today.

Gave the weekend on fanduel a serious run with a few teams in the hunt.

Only 362 days until the next masters…

• cagejables

Congrats to those of you who won money—and, even better, big money! Reed has burned me so badly this year that I didn’t have him but he played a great tournament—he earned that one. So, jack and squat for me this week but that was good golf. I’m thinking that the route to go in the majors is shrink your core smaller than a regular tournament, and then bite down on your wallet and pray. See you next week :)

• RangerC

This was a ridiculous tournament scoring wise though… 22% or so 6/6 and many of the low placing guys went off, so you had to pretty much smash to have a chance. Would have been a VERY different tournament if Phil, Casey, and Russell Henley would have missed the cut instead of barely getting in then going off all weekend for a ton of points.

• Jamcclea

Straight bets: $2000 in, $3120 out
    Hit Spieth T5, Henley T20 and Tiger to make eagle. Just missed on Spieth outright and Hadwin T20.

Draftkings: $550 in, $231 out
    All Spieth, Rose and Day. No Reed or Fowler.

• sox9

@BIF said...

27.5% had 6/6 and it is a very Top heavy payout

20+% had a bunch of the guys who finished well ahead of your Rory/Rose plays. You needed to swap those for Spieth/Fowler and then you had a reason to complain. Also Rose was a very low fantasy scoring guy with minimal birds – compared his fantasy points to many others tied and even 3-4 shots behind.

Spieth vs. Rory was very tough for me, and I struggled and picked the wrong guy. Fowler I just never trust.

• JimKronlund

NDNole really enjoyed following you and what you accomplished.
    I do not think we truly understand what the reality was like for you. Going through the ups and downs when you are legitimately so close to winning a Million dollars.
    Just as impressed how you handled every step with class and balance when getting 12th and beating 205,870 other DFS competitors.

• EC4THREE10

Congrats Doom!

My guys finished..
    1-2-5-9-15-17

Sure wish it would have paid more but that was fun! Should of entered it into the $444.

Congrats to the big winners!

• NDNole

@jerla said...

Casey and JT late bogeys cost me

If leish man plays just a birdie better I make 5 figures. Even with that, friggin stenson cost me 45k. Ya win some ya lose some I guess. It was fun and now im hooked on golf. lol

• EC4THREE10

I will give you stenson so you could of won more lol! Great job again!

• Quadhole

@cagejables said...

Congrats to those of you who won money—and, even better, big money! Reed has burned me so badly this year that I didn’t have him but he played a great tournament—he earned that one. So, jack and squat for me this week but that was good golf. I’m thinking that the route to go in the majors is shrink your core smaller than a regular tournament, and then bite down on your wallet and pray. See you next week :)

Who knows, do that and it will be opposite. Don’t see too many people bragging about all the money they won… With the rake, high top heavy payout, just isn’t profitable prop… Better ways to risk money, Head to head… Just like they say, slow and steady wins the race… We all know what happens to most lotto winners.

Someone please check and match the lineups…

• JimKronlund

@paulrobert1989 said...

Welp I ended up finishing 15th in the milly. A little disappointing since I was in 1st earlier in the day, but I’m grateful to have won something. I love playing dfs. Good luck next week everyone!

Damn Paul wish you posted more. Did not know you were in the mix. Another amazing RG member finish!

Congrats to all RG’ers that are happy with their accomplishment.

• NDNole

@JimKronlund said...

NDNole really enjoyed following you and what you accomplished.
    I do not think we truly understand what the reality was like for you. Going through the ups and downs when you are legitimately so close to winning a Million dollars.
    Just as impressed how you handled every step with class and balance when getting 12th and beating 205,870 other DFS competitors.

Appreciate it. I am now hooked on golf lol. I look forward to the next major hopefully with better results. But I know this was probably once in a lifetime for a small fry like me.

• Jamcclea

No one in the top 8 of the big GPP for Sunday had Reed or Rory.

• lendahand21

is dk doing a milly for the open?

• PlanB

Congrats – What was your lineup and point total DOOM? – How about the winners lineup and total?

Anywhere you can see DK milly results if not entered?

• paulrobert1989

Thanks Jim. I don’t post usually since I never finish very high. First time winning more than a thousand dollars. Every dog has his day I guess.

• ElSlappo

@darickc said...

Somewhat? You serious Clark? Google Allison Stokke

I know, I was attempting to avoid a dirty old man type comment and kept it understated :)

• ElSlappo

@lendahand21 said...

is dk doing a milly for the open?

I would think so, I have a foolish hope that they make it much bigger with a bigger entry fee so they can make be a little it less ridiculously top-heavy.

• ButBongoFiesta

Patrick Reed misses the cut at the US Open. Book it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler