PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• walkoff9

@ButBongoFiesta said...

Patrick Reed misses the cut at the US Open. Book it.

Not sure what his next event will be but easiest fade ever.

• Mizzou311

Congrats to you guys who finished high in the milly!

And damn you BIF!!!!!!!!

• fluffynuggets

@PlanB said...

Congrats – What was your lineup and point total DOOM? – How about the winners lineup and total?

Anywhere you can see DK milly results if not entered?

Go to contest lobby, and click “view live contests”
    Search for MM, click “watch”

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Jamcclea said...

Straight bets: $2000 in, $3120 out
    Hit Spieth T5, Henley T20 and Tiger to make eagle. Just missed on Spieth outright and Hadwin T20.

Draftkings: $550 in, $231 out
    All Spieth, Rose and Day. No Reed or Fowler.

Put in $280 plus $80 I spent on milly maker tix so had $640 in play, ended with $40 loss with no reed or Fowler. Congrats to all the winners!

• mgravity

Anyone else getting weird DK payout ? Live contest vs contest history?

• BIF

@sox9 said...

Is 1st 5th and 12th and all six surviving the cut a terrible lineup? Not sure I can pick much better than that.

Having the winner was great BUT after that it wasn’t great – it was a 87 player field where only 65 of the guys were even realistically playable. Since 27.5% got 6/6, I wouldn’t exactly say it was a challenging week – if you avoided Sergio, Steele, Noren and Chappell, you should have got 6/6.

Of the top salaries guys, your Rory was outscored by Fowler, Spieth and Rahm. So you picked the 4th best play out of 10 and Rose was further down also getting beaten by DJ, Stenson, Casey. Only Day, Hideki and JT had less points than from the top salaries (and Garcia MC).

With most of those guys being 20+% owned, do you still think you nailed your lineup ? You never mentioned who your other three were either so I’m guessing they were not high fantasy scorers like Henley, Hoffman, smith, Finau, Webb or Walker.

• BIF

@sox9 said...

Spieth vs. Rory was very tough for me, and I struggled and picked the wrong guy. Fowler I just never trust.

I had zero Fowler as well so birdieing 18 helped him jumping Spieth for solo 2nd from T2 with Spieth. That cost me $400-$500

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Appreciate it. I am now hooked on golf lol. I look forward to the next major hopefully with better results. But I know this was probably once in a lifetime for a small fry like me.

No need to wait till the next major – there is $50K to $100K prize available every week.

• BIF

@Mizzou311 said...

Congrats to you guys who finished high in the milly!

And damn you BIF!!!!!!!!

Got ya !

• walkoff9

Lot of guys that went real low today are playing next week, wonder how much it will drive up their ownership?

Also, DJ is playing for the first time in forever, i wonder what people will do with him. Missed the cut in 08 and 09, and presumably is only playing because he has a sponsorship deal with rbc now.

• timusbr

DFS World Cup of Golf finished the group stage. The results of the masters and the group stage are here
    WCOG week 3 Final Group stage Final
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8NpEDumvUp4Z8tzT7Mi2gjat8dD6ajGa4avAsECobM/edit?usp=sharing
    Next Weeks Bracket of 32 filled in
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y6vtvwo-1xgFCkhIs6ao7N7ON1ILqgIj3UXhS6z8UYs/edit?usp=sharing

and for those who cant download
    match – players
    1 (1)dinkpuppy Vs. (32)astauty
    2 (16)TarHeelWoody29 Vs. (17)Shlune
    3 (8)bigphillyhulk Vs. (25)jleit13
    4 (9)jclements4048 Vs. (24)kswetnam1342
    5 (4)COLTSMITCH Vs. (29)reallukegriff
    6 (13)MUwarriors91 Vs. (20)brianvt
    7 (5)goleafsgo14 Vs. (28)salty39
    8 (12)whodat232 Vs. (21)souvik0804
    9 (2)cjs99 Vs. (31)JSB31
    10 (15)the daz Vs. (18)tim-usbr
    11 (7)BlairNeal Vs. (26)whodeywinning
    12 (10)timgodd375 Vs. (23)APorter819
    13 (3)Wander_Bread Vs. (30)chrissyfools
    14 (14)bgraffunder Vs. (19)qatman
    15 (6)xXMrBreezeXx Vs. (27)Coopdog0808
    16 (11)powellbr Vs. (22)monte_cristo14

• JimKronlund

$75K 15/20 Won money.
    $100K 16/20 Won money.
    $750 14/20 Won money
    60 different teams in all 3 GPP’s.
    Milly 3/3 Won Money
    Won all H2H’s.
    Won money in all cash games.
    60/83 Contests won money.
    I did not have any great single results. I made money but not as much as the numbers may suggest.

• timusbr

@JimKronlund said...

$75K 15/20 Won money.
    $100K 16/20 Won money.
    $750 14/20 Won money
    60 different teams in all 3 GPP’s.
    Milly 3/3 Won Money
    Won all H2H’s.
    Won money in all cash games.
    60/83 Contests won money.
    I did not have any great single results. I made money but not as much as the numbers may suggest.

must be more than a 1x+ ROI………I would think a 2.5 ROI by whats above. Thats a good week

BTW my ROI with milly tix’s was .04 and without the free tix .09. 3rd straight year I shit the bed on the Masters. It is different each year. lol

• goleafsgo14

@timusbr said...

DFS World Cup of Golf finished the group stage. The results of the masters and the group stage are here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8NpEDumvUp4Z8tzT7Mi2gjat8dD6ajGa4avAsECobM/edit?usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y6vtvwo-1xgFCkhIs6ao7N7ON1ILqgIj3UXhS6z8UYs/edit?usp=sharing

match – players
    9 (2)cjs99 Vs. (31)JSB31

thanks for doings this wgc im sure its a bit of a pain in the ass for ya.. Puts a little extra fun in the forum.

• hautalak

@timusbr said...

match – players
    9 (2)cjs99 Vs. (31)JSB31

Dammit my performance this week almost got me in! I still blame Louis Oos for my demise. I suppose I’m happy with my showing. Still needed a better round from Bubba today for my Masters lineup though. Oh well. Good luck survivors!

• timusbr

@goleafsgo14 said...

thanks for doings this wgc im sure its a bit of a pain in the ass for ya.. Puts a little extra fun in the forum.

thanks, not so much a pain..I like to do it, I am also using data by round to draw up some averages, see if they have any meaning. I save everything on excel. many probably think the results has way too much info. I just hope everything is transparent. but with repetition comes templates and it gets easier and faster.

• goleafsgo14

@timusbr said...

thanks, not so much a pain..I like to do it, I am also using data by round to draw up some averages, see if they have any meaning. I save everything on excel. many probably think the results has way too much info. I just hope everything is transparent. but with repetition comes templates and it gets easier and faster.

yeah im going to try and get better with excel to makie my own models up for not only golf but other sports i play. i M a little older than most on here i think and still have the old school mentality when it comes to computers lol.

• RangerC

You could actually have some huge teams with Rory OR Rose (just had to have Cam Smith), I think 594.5 was possible with either and 580-ish with Henley or Hoffman instead of Cam). 594.50 was 5th in the $4, 2nd in the $8 and 580 ish was near the top of the midsized stuff. Rory AND Rose could even get 578.50 without Cam Smith (Rory/Rose/Hoffman/Henley/Reed/Fowler) which was good for like 2K in the $12.

• Jamcclea

@FantasyGolfers
    3m3 minutes ago
    The winner of the milly maker entered 20 teams and had 45% exposure to both Noren and Garcia. #justtakesone

• JimKronlund

@timusbr said...

must be more than a 1x+ ROI………I would think a 2.5 ROI by whats above. Thats a good week

What I never include in any of my summaries are the higher $ H2H’s or higher $ cash games. Out of respect for opponents and I do not wish to disclose it for my own privacy boundaries.

• Frustrated

Just missed cashing thanks to Chappell. And of course the silver entry lineup that I threw together in about ten seconds won 20 bucks. Tip of the hat to Spieth, Hoff, and Casey.

• Quadhole

@NDNole said...

If leish man plays just a birdie better I make 5 figures. Even with that, friggin stenson cost me 45k. Ya win some ya lose some I guess. It was fun and now im hooked on golf. lol

Congrats, nice win and keeps it going…

• whodat2

On my second whiskey…. will give my Masters summary after my third :)

• qatman

@qatman said...

Tournament matchup picks this week.

Spieth -134 Thomas
    DJ -110 McIlroy
    Day -125 Fowler
    Rahm +103 Fowler
    Barnrat +129 Moore
    ZJ -125 Smith
    Sharma +146 Walker
    Ghim +162 Singh

Holy cow this was awful. 1-7 with Spieth the lone winner for a total of -6.6u. That likely puts me into the overall red and ends this experiment.

I pretty much whiffed on the Masters entirely, although I did manage to somehow advance in the WCoG with the lowest by far group winning total. Time to channel my inner UMBC.

I did poorly in just about every aspect of this tournament. I should really cut down my play even more and play one or two GPPs with one or two h2h. It’s not much fun when you’re basically drawing dead by noon on Thursday.

Congratulations to the winners this week.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

On my second whiskey…. will give my Masters summary after my third :)

RBC Heritage thread creation first…..then Masters summary please

Hopefully it is good whiskey too…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.