PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• JimKronlund

I do not who guessed what on total amount of pages, but I think we can call this forum at 260 pages to round off.
    3 weeks ago Masters Forum opened. On Thursday at Tee off it was on page 67.
    Thurs AM 67 pages. = 67 pages.
    Friday PM 196 pages. = 129 pages.
    Saturday PM 230 pages. = 34 pages.
    Sunday PM 260 pages. = 30 pages

• walkoff9

Put 10 entries in the $7.77 fd weekend gpp

9 cashed including 29th, 39th, 50th, 108th out of like 22k entries.

Tight core and gave myself several chances but ultimately no huge cash.

Meanwhile the guy that wins the milly maker had 45% sergio and 45% noren and binks the million with one of his remaining live teams lol

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

Horrendous masters overall but I somehow salvaged it all with 4 bullets I tilt entered last night in the $33 Round 4 Dogleg and tied for 3rd for 2500 lol…

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@walkoff9 said...

Put 10 entries in the $7.77 fd weekend gpp

9 cashed including 29th, 39th, 50th, 108th out of like 22k entries.

Tight core and gave myself several chances but ultimately no huge cash.

Meanwhile the guy that wins the milly maker had 45% sergio and 45% noren and binks the million with one of his remaining live teams lol

Good opto RNG sometimes is the best thing to have on your side…

• MrSnuffleupagus

Nothing like winning 15k in the beginning of today only to have the only two guys In top 15 shoot over par, thank you Tommy and Rory.

• MrSnuffleupagus

I also have bubbled the happy meal more than anyone else 😀

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

I’m glad to see the man without a hat Oliver Schneiderjans is participating in this week’s tournament.

• TeamTwerk

I had a few lineups with Fowler and Reed together, unfortunately I had a bag of chips to go along with them. Too much Steele, Chappel, Noren, Mickelson.

• BIF

@TeamTwerk said...

I had a few lineups with Fowler and Reed together, unfortunately I had a bag of chips to go along with them. Too much Steele, Chappel, Noren, Mickelson.

Phil didn’t really hurt you as he finished tied with the 18th most DK points but yah the others sure did as besides missing the cut they didn’t exactly score many points as the course played much tougher Thur-Fri versus the Weekend.

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@JimKronlund said...

I do not who guessed what on total amount of pages, but I think we can call this forum at 260 pages to round off.

Yea I think a ton of people’s lineups were dead due to the likes of Noren, Chappell, Steele, Pieters, Woodland, Perez, and Sergio all missing the cut. Think it was potentially on pace for close to 300 total if more people had gotten 6/6 through. While I still thoroughly enjoyed the tournament, I know I didn’t follow along here because my lineups were dead. Think my guess was like 313 pages or something like that.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@BIF said...

RBC Heritage thread creation first…..then Masters summary please

Hopefully it is good whiskey too…

I guess we now know who can’t handle his liquor or he sips on it like my ol lady…

• lfn1992

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Nothing like winning 15k in the beginning of today only to have the only two guys In top 15 shoot over par, thank you Tommy and Rory.

This, this, a thousand times this.

• JimKronlund

@ezellmt said...

Yea I think a ton of people’s lineups were dead due to the likes of Noren, Chappell, Steele, Pieters, Woodland, Perez, and Sergio all missing the cut. Think it was potentially on pace for close to 300 total if more people had gotten 6/6 through. While I still thoroughly enjoyed the tournament, I know I didn’t follow along here because my lineups were dead. Think my guess was like 313 pages or something like that.

Every week the percentage breakdown of page count before Tee off, then until after Friday PM MC info. Then Saturday only and Sunday only. Are almost identical every week. This week was not far off percentage wise.
    I looked at the Arnold Palmer Invitational which was 107 pages. Saturday there was only 6 pages. On Sunday there was 8 pages. Usually Sunday is considerably less then Saturday. That week was when Stenson screwed many with his MC. But that happens every week, just change out Stensons name with that weeks group of players MC’s that make the 6/6%‘s 10%ish. Then interest drops like a rock when, like you experienced, people see that their line ups have no chance. So it did not have a very good chance of getting 40 more pages to get to 300 even with it being the Masters, high cut rate (in comparison of most tournaments) and the new DK contests. Nature of the beast.

• cjstout21

Finished 372 in the $12 single entry albatross with a 5/6….freaking Schwartzel ugh!!!!

Webb, Casey, Reed, Speith, Louis were the rest. One of the only days I’ve been on the right side of hot golfers on a Sunday, if only I had Hoffman instead of Schwartzel, that’d been a much higher boost to the bankroll. than $35.

• astauty

my 5/6 and 6/6 ended up cashing in the Millimaker for min cash. but as i won them on ticket’s im happy.

• Cincinnatibuck

Happy Meal Cup standings have been updated. After scoring 14.5 points over the last three events, Eric2323 has cut the lead for first place down to 3 points. Klubba575 has moved into a tie for 5th place.

• Quadhole

@JimKronlund said...

I was close, 261, on page 3, where is my tee shirt

• TrustinthePlan

Other than my world cup lineup and one lineup I had with Tiger and Rickie in the 4 dollar, I didn’t have a good weekend at all. Had zero shares of Reed and Speith. Didn’t think Reed had the game to win at Augusta based on shot shapes and didn’t think Speith’s putting would get him anywhere near the top of the leaderboard. Had too many shares of Pieters and Garcia. Anyways, I guess I should learn to ignore the shot shapes and recency bias for the Masters and pick more on course history and play all guys in a certain price range when making as many lineups as I did.

Anyways, I am glad I advanced in the WCOG contest. Any thread for this weeks tourney, the Heritage? I can’t seem to find any if one exists.

• Bogie01

$1250 in . $1180 out. Fun weekend and I guess I shouldn’t complain. It sure the hell is hard to win these days……. had 5- 6/6 lineups.

• timusbr

@Cincinnatibuck said...

Happy Meal Cup standings have been updated. After scoring 14.5 points over the last three events, Eric2323 has cut the lead for first place down to 3 points. Klubba575 has moved into a tie for 5th place.

thanks Cincy,

It was amazing that Ketter7 grew such a big lead so early. Then the Happy Meal doubled in size, making it even harder to climb the leaderboard. The season wasnt even 1/2 over, (now it is) and It looked like Ketter7 was uncatchable. Here we are just a few weeks later and Eric2323 has made the climb.

Now I am not saying this to wish ill fortune to Eric or Ketter, but It can be done. You can go on several heaters and climb. Lets put the pressure on the leaders, make them earn the trophy.

• osuryanf

I got my ass handed to me. Was looking great after Day 1 with 40% exposure to Spieth.. but was also 40% exposed to Chappell who failed miserably and my best lineups had Noren in them (hey thanks man).

On to the next one.

• shadowchap1978

@osuryanf said...

I got my ass handed to me. Was looking great after Day 1 with 40% exposure to Spieth.. but was also 40% exposed to Chappell who failed miserably and my best lineups had Noren in them (hey thanks man).

On to the next one.

I to was heavy on Noren…Im not sure what went wrong there?? Any thoughts…I thought it was a solid pick at the price and never thought he would miss the cut. My guess is he’s more comfy on Bermuda then the Bent Grass at Augusta right now, my 2 cents anyway. 200 bucks in 120 out… ugh on to the RBC

• JimKronlund

@Quadhole said...

I was close, 261, on page 3, where is my tee shirt

You read it wrong. Its a wet tee shirt. Whats your skin tight size?

• Bogie01

Had a friend play DK golf for the 1st time. (Always plays NBA) he finished 251st in the Milly. A whopping reward of $150 for beating out 200,000 plus other entrants.

• Bogie01

Curious… what are everyone’s thoughts on the new daily showdown contests? Personally I liked the old weekend format better.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.