PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• elmore0631

@baggerly said...

I’m trying to figure out what everyone thinks is high ownership? I see most places have Tiger at 20%. To me 20% is not that high.

• Quadhole

@depalma13 said...

Couples will not be using long irons this week. He has added hybrids to the bag. He says he is lacking in distance, but if needs to put the 4 iron back in the bag he is going to be in trouble with his back.

Doesn’t sound like a good play. Maybe just playing to participate and hoping for a good finish.

• Gtzerphy

@elmore0631 said...

• depalma13

@nicholasmarsh said...

I suppose only in this forum :)

Couples publicly picked Tiger to win, but told others to bet Peiters to win.

• JH822547

@baggerly said...

Where does DK get their win probabilities from on the Lineup Builder? It has Sharma and Pat Perez a higher chance than Tiger??

Both Perez and Sharma have a relatively recent win, obviously Tiger does not, so it does suggest it is based on stats only and there is no ‘human’ input.

• depalma13

@Quadhole said...

Doesn’t sound like a good play. Maybe just playing to participate and hoping for a good finish.

He did say he’s hitting the driver well.

• SirJohnDaly

hey all! Been reading your forum the past few weeks and decided to join in on the convo. I appreciate how all of you openly share stats and advise. Very cool.

so who I’m down to my last pick with a bank roll of 6900 and bouncing around with my pick. Who is going to make more birdies??

chappell, perez, Steele or Stanley?

• kroto

@superstars92 said...

Watch some random guy win this year like Brendan Steele.

or that firefighter

• MrSnuffleupagus

Does ZJ miss the cut for the third year in a row ?

• Gathon11

@kroto said...

or that firefighter

Ted Potter.

• lfn1992

Thanks again for filling that DK $1 MLB Pick ‘EM for tonight. Enjoy your FPPS!

• ButBongoFiesta

@Gathon11 said...

Ted Potter.

Ted Potter has missed 4 straight cuts so he is due for a win

• Gathon11

@lfn1992 said...

Thanks again for filling that DK $1 MLB Pick ‘EM for tonight. Enjoy your FPPS!

Do we get them once the contest ends? I haven’t gotten mine yet.

• JimKronlund

I have some MLB H2H’s in league… free money
    https://dkn.gs/r/ovXeu-9mekeZEWx3yewF-Q
    no need for invite just hit link

• qatman

@Gathon11 said...

Do we get them once the contest ends? I haven’t gotten mine yet.

The promotion updates daily around 11am Eastern.

• Kp24

Wrapping my head around the 10 strokes off the lead thing. Just so I am correct. Friday afternoon. Golfer A is +4 and near the bottom of board. Golfer B, and the leader, is -3.
    An 8 stroke difference.
    Golfer A still makes the cut?

• noddy

@Cooper08 said...

He is on assignment trying to get inside Freddy info for you, lol.

haha I need that info. Hope he gets some.

• noddy

@Gtzerphy said...

Fading both, thinking both will carry high ownership.

Well when they finish 2nd and 3rd behind Bubba this week you may wish you had some :)

;0

• qatman

@Kp24 said...

Wrapping my head around the 10 strokes off the lead thing. Just so I am correct. Friday afternoon. Golfer A is +4 and near the bottom of board. Golfer B, and the leader, is -3.
    An 8 stroke difference.
    Golfer A still makes the cut?

Correct. So at least 50 golfers will make the cut, and as many as the entire field could conceivably make the cut if they are tightly bunched. From memory the 10 shot rule does come into effect fairly often; I remember Tiger lapping the field and rendering it moot.

I think it also used to be in effect at some other majors but was changed a few years back.

• Kp24

@qatman said...

Correct. So at least 50 golfers will make the cut, and as many as the entire field could conceivably make the cut if they are tightly bunched. From memory the 10 shot rule does come into effect fairly often; I remember Tiger lapping the field and rendering it moot.

I think it also used to be in effect at some other majors but was changed a few years back.

Ok sounds good, thank you. If it is tight early on, will be interesting to have a big weekend crowd. I like the rule tho. Allows for a guy to play conservative on thurs-fri and go for it over the weekend

• TeamTwerk

@SirJohnDaly said...

hey all! Been reading your forum the past few weeks and decided to join in on the convo. I appreciate how all of you openly share stats and advise. Very cool.

so who I’m down to my last pick with a bank roll of 6900 and bouncing around with my pick. Who is going to make more birdies??

Vegas likes ChappelI best to win but that doesn’t really answer your question. Perez and Steele are 6th and 8th respectively in birdie or better % this season (unsustainable for both I suspect). I have a lot of Steele so I’m hoping he can make the most birds but really any of those guys are capable of getting hot and racking up birds.

• noddy

So we really don’t know how good or bad Couples’ back is?

• noddy

@noddy said...

So we really don’t know how good or bad Couples’ back is?

Until we hear from our biggest Tiger fan who’s on assignment to find out.

• noddy

Haven’t seen too much talk about Justin Thomas

• elmore0631

@SirJohnDaly said...

Dufner

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.