PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 5-8

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Sergio Garcia (-9)

Last Year’s Cut: +6 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Cooper’s Masters Preview

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@ezellmt said...

The only good thing about soft pricing is that it can actually lead to more unique lineups. Leaving money on the table will be an easy way to differentiate yourself without losing out on good players. Also, stars and scrubs and balanced will both be equally viable strategies.

I think soft pricing is an inaccurate way to describe pricing in majors. When I think of soft pricing to me it means several players are priced inaccurately and I don’t think that is the case as I feel everyone is priced appropriately within reason based on there course history, current form, etc. when you have the best players in the field there will always be players who were a couple thousand more in other tournaments as there were not as many of the best players. If DK priced everyone based on there avg yearly salary so far there would be more uprage along with more duplicate teams.

• darickc

I’m having a hard time not going all in on Rose, Casey, and McIlroy. I’ve made a few lineups and built my team around those three. Rose and Casey did great here last year, have really good course history, and have been playing some really good golf this year. Might just eat the chalk

• Wander_Bread

Going to have a decent amount of Noren on my teams. Also just bet him at 45/1

Otherwise I think Casey is a lock for a top 10

• keephustlincuz

@Bastardo said...

On FD, angel cabrera is 10200 while RCB is 7400…………………………… whoa

I can’t figure why he is that cheap.

• manoffewwords

Bubba,Stenson,Noren will be in top 5 owned. The way these guys are playing is unreal. You could put Rose with them and still play two other really good golfers. I will have my player pool ready next week and will not be swayed by experts.Well maybe Cooper, Whodat,and and a few other forum degenerates. No tinkering. Pick 6 would have been good this week.

• JH822547

I’m erring towards Jason Day right now as no one seems to be talking about him.

• Cbed11

@bama16 said...

Bubba,Stenson,Noren will be in top 5 owned. The way these guys are playing is unreal. You could put Rose with them and still play two other really good golfers. I will have my player pool ready next week and will not be swayed by experts.Well maybe Cooper, Whodat,and and a few other forum degenerates. No tinkering. Pick 6 would have been good this week.

Stenson has never had a top 10 at Augusta. Doubt he will be top 5 owned.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@bama16 said...

Don’t know if Stenson has ever had a T15 at Augusta, bunch of mid range finishes, solid play with low upside as course doesn’t fit him well. He can’t use his trusty three wood. He could pay off with a 10th-15th due to his lower price than normal.

• ElSlappo

This site is great if you haven’t looked at it, can easily flip between players and see their history at Augusta. http://www.augusta.com/masters/players/bios/Henrik_Stenson.shtml

Stenson has been somewhat mediocre.

• ElSlappo

Casey T6, T4, 6 last 3 years

• noddy

I have 3 players I’m playing in every lineup and I’ll mix and match the other 3

• shadowchap1978

Dear 8lb 6oz little baby Jesus… please let Adam Scott remember how to putt for me and anyone else who are playing this guy.

• walkoff9

2015 masters was first time I played pga dfs. Amazingly hideki is nearly as cheap now as he was then…

• dangasin

Thinking about JT/Woods combination. However, JT craves 1st in the world and has admitted it consumes his mind — made him screw in the Dell Semifinals. Freshly minted 1st in the world + green jacket is a lot on the mind

• bigez952

@shadowchap1978 said...

Dear 8lb 6oz little baby Jesus… please let Adam Scott remember how to putt for me and anyone else who are playing this guy.

Problem is he has nothing to remember back to as he was never a good putter without anchoring the club. That rule change hurt him more than anyone and took him from one of the best in the world to a middle of the pack pro who is an elite ball striker but is good to miss a couple putts under 5 feet every week to nullify that.

• MrSnuffleupagus

@noddy said...

I have 3 players I’m playing in every lineup and I’ll mix and match the other 3

Who ?

• TeamTwerk

In the milly maker 1st place pays more than 2nd- 5,850th place combined. No thank you.

• walkoff9

@TeamTwerk said...

In the milly maker 1st place pays more than 2nd- 5,850th place combined. No thank you.

What if you win first though?

• TeamTwerk

@walkoff9 said...

Haha Yeah, once every 100,000 years? I’ll take my chances at missing out. I like big first prizes and big prize pools as much as anybody but this is just a bankroll burner and there’s 200 MLB main slates coming up.

• JH822547

I can’t resist playing 10 line ups, but I’d prefer a 500K first prize with a rather more balanced pay out structure myself.

• Quadhole

@JH822547 said...

I can’t resist playing 10 line ups, but I’d prefer a 500K first prize with a rather more balanced pay out structure myself.

• Quadhole

@walkoff9 said...

If I win first, I will donate 3K to my favorite 20 players on here…..

• twinkie86

If you look back at previous winners a few have won that do not putt well, Bubba i could never understand twice he wins. This new putter he is brandishing and the way he putted this weekend how can he not be a 3 time winner.

• twinkie86

Is it early to start a 20 man 20$ Masters winner take all or even 50 man winner take all.

• Jnice323

Hey guys, everyone that is excited about this year’s Masters should check out my blog here on RotoGrinders. Comprehensive player preview is coming soon.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/from-the-tips-the-most-anticipated-masters-in-history-2454586

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.