PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 11-14

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties AND anyone who is within 10 strokes of the leader. (There is no MDF here)

Field Size: Will be around 90 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Patrick Reed (-15)

Last Year’s Cut: +5 (53 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 701-705
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kp24

@dangasin said...

yea kuchar definitely how did they ever price him there? but what is the lowest fleetwood ownership in double ups in the past year? 25%?

Never played a double up, not really my game but I’d imagine both Fleet and Kuch will be staples in cash and those double ups. 70% seems rather high but maybe so. As for standard GPPs I could see Kuchar in the high 20s and Fleetwood in the low 20s. I have not checked any sort of ownership projections, those are just my initial thoughts

• js5734

is JB Holmes a viable punt? keep wanting to pivot off kisner and hoffman in that range and i think JB has the same upside as both and might be lower owned – anyone have thoughts?

• hautalak

@JH822547 said...

He’s certainly the most reliable and consistent of anyone in the low-9K range

I’d take Casey over him personally.

• js5734

also late in the telecast of the valero – they showed si woo kind of grimace in pain and grab his ribs – not sure if im the only one who saw that but is there any sort of injury news out on him?

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Cooper08 said...

Satellites Are Back Satellites Are Back
    Better Late Than Never

This is the most satellites we have ever received from DK! Let’s make sure we fill these and show the support!

Also I want to hear from the players who won sattys at the Players for the Masters so we can all follow along!
    $555 Valuable Trader
    $150 (2)?
    $33 (2)?

Finally, I typed or should I say poked this fast, so sorry for miss spelled words or grammar.

For those of you who participated in the forum last year you may remember that we had a few satellite contests amongst the forum members which won you entry into bigger prized pool contests with fewer participants. Thanks to the DK community team we are able to bring these back this year. The plan is to have these satellite contests for the majors so you can use in the following major. Our ability to continue to receive these satellite contests will hinge on our ability to fill them.

In order to compete you must be a member of the RotoGrinders Golf Forum League. If you would like to be added just ask. This will also give you access to play in the weekly Happy Meal contest along with the beat the forum H2H contests, both setup by Timusbr.

This week for the Masters we will be competing for tickets to be used for the PGA Championship. The first satellite is for the $555 contest at the PGA Championship. For the Masters this is a 800k GPP with 1600 entries. The second satellite is for the $150 three max contest at the PGA Championship. For the Masters the prize pool is 400k with 2960 entries. We also have two contests with tickets to the top two for the $33 Single Entry. This is a 75k GPP with almost 3k entries. A new satellite this time around is the $75 Three entry Max. This is a 50k GPP with only 750 entries! This also awards the top two finishers. All big gpp’s and or gpp’s with low entry amounts!

Entry fee for the $555 is $6 and pays a ticket for the winner. Entry fee for the $150 is $5 and pays a ticket to first and second place. Entry fee for the $33 is $2 and entry fee for the $75 is $4. While some will find the entry fee steep for a satellite and the majority will not win, in the end we will have forum members competing in contests that many can’t enter. In addition we will be able to root on some members in what could be a great sweat for some big money. Finally, if you don’t think you can win, you are wrong. The aforementioned Happy Meal contest has had a different winner each week and has similar participant as these satellite contests.

IMPORTANT
    These contests are set up as multi entry. While I held back the timeframe on entering multiple times last contest I will not this time since the satellites are being released later than usual.

Hopefully we can have some fun with this and we see the winners do well at the PGA Championship increasing there bankroll or even hitting a big payday! Questions, fire away. Thanks
    Coop

Thanks for your patience and support. I will bump this every couple pages as I know not everyone reads back. The $33 is going fast, would be great to get it filled today! Thanks
    Coop

• monarch

@js5734 said...

is JB Holmes a viable punt? keep wanting to pivot off kisner and hoffman in that range and i think JB has the same upside as both and might be lower owned – anyone have thoughts?

Sure…but what about Si Woo 6700 and CHIII 7000?

• Kp24

@js5734 said...

also late in the telecast of the valero – they showed si woo kind of grimace in pain and grab his ribs – not sure if im the only one who saw that but is there any sort of injury news out on him?

He said after the round he was fine to play next week (this week)

I got this info on Twitter, Sunday

• timgodd375

@js5734 said...

Yes, I did see this.. Seemed like he was in quite a bit of pain

• sneaksox

Definitely saw Si Woo grab his side too. It was hard to tell if it affected him because he hit amazing shots into 16/17 afterwards but then bogeyed 18 from the rock…

I’m also questioning the $9,200 Fleetwood play this week. He was really struggling around the greens and putting during the last few tournaments even though the results don’t necessarily show that since he finished top 5 at the API/Players. Augusta is NOT the place you want to be struggling around the greens. I guess its possible he hits 16/18 GIR per round but I’m not going to bet on that this week. Would rather play Casey or drop to Hideki/Molinari.

I actually feel the same about DJ this week too. He has looked so uninspired on the greens, he could’ve easily blown away the field a few times recently but couldn’t make a 6-10 foot putt to save his life. IMO you need to be solid on those putts at Augusta to allow for some key par scrambles and take advantage of birdie opportunities when they arise, especially if the weather makes an extremely tough course play even more difficult.

• smallANDflaccid

@timgodd375 said...

Yes, I did see this.. Seemed like he was in quite a bit of pain

But also his swing didn’t seem impacted either. The announcers had said that he had done things like that in other tournaments and gone on to play fine after as well.

• lfn1992

Si Woo grasping his side in pain, then claiming to be fine for the Masters, seems weirdly on-brand for him

• js5734

going like 80 percent finau in my milly lineups – what could go wrong?

• Wander_Bread

Interesting note. The British Am Champion playing in the Masters this week is Jovan Rebula. He happens to be the nephew of Ernie Els.

• Matoshea

How do people feel about Matt Wallace? I’m trying to decide between him and Sneds for my last man in for my main lineup.

• Wander_Bread

@Matoshea said...

How do people feel about Matt Wallace? I’m trying to decide between him and Sneds for my last man in for my main lineup.

I like Wallace’s game a bit here. But also see him making a big number or 2 which could screw you over depending on what time of the tournament that comes. Sneds has some decent finishes at Augusta, but he’s getting older and will need to putt out of his mind to be in contention because of his lack of length (similarly to Kisner)

• smallANDflaccid

@Wander_Bread said...

but he’s getting older

This week I’m fading any of the guys who abide the arrow of time.

• kujo33

Any history on Hao-Tong playing with Tiger?

• ValuableTrader

@kujo33 said...

He’ll shoot 78.

• lfn1992

@kujo33 said...

I seem to remember him being paired with Tiger once before? I’d look at the WGC events.

• Kp24

My lineup in the $3.7k is so chalky but whatevs, jus gonna play ABC poker and see where I come out. I’m normally trying to get sneaky, I just can’t this week.
    Only gotta beat 300 guys and WhoDat (good luck sir) so I cant get away from my build, chalky or not

• jackinthebox

Wow this FD promo is pretty awesome. Think it makes Tiger more or less owned? I could see it playing out either way.

• Wander_Bread

@smallANDflaccid said...

This week I’m fading any of the guys who abide the arrow of time.

LOL I really just meant along the lines of hitting the ball shorter

• jsw3ent

The last couple years on DK—the large max 20 entry trny was 3$—this year 4$——-the 5$ 3 max—had large payout—this year 6$ and not large———the 3$ single entry—-is 4 $ this year.

• Wander_Bread

@jsw3ent said...

The last couple years on DK—the large max 20 entry trny was 3$—this year 4$——-the 5$ 3 max—had large payout—this year 6$ and not large———the 3$ single entry—-is 4 $ this year.

What———————do———————-you———————-mean?

• Is si woo Kim hurt? He was grabbing his ribs on the back nine Sunday

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler