PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

And I view Augusta in an entirely different light than every other course for some of these guys. To me someone like Brooks, Rory, DJ look may look at this course like a slump buster. A venue where they have played a lot, know the greens and can just mash the crap out of it off the tee.

• BrianVT

Cantlay is great ATG, but terrible at 3 putt avoidance. So, I guess that means maybe he isn’t around the green much?

• jv21

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

Any basic lineup strategies y’all follow?

I know picking the winner is important. How often do cheap value plays work out? Is there a difference even between how you approach Fanduel vs draftkings.

• monarch

@BrianVT said...

Cantlay is great ATG, but terrible at 3 putt avoidance. So, I guess that means maybe he isn’t around the green much?

Maybe the three putts are when he reaches par fives in two? I agree he is among the best if not the best at getting up and down.

• lfn1992

@mgravity said...

I am hoping for some of that lightning in a bottle from 2016 when I had Danny Willett? on my 6/6 and had my best cash out on DK I think ?

Picking Danny Willett is what got me started with the bug of playing DFG.

• ifthethunder

@monarch said...

Not sure about the weather but Mayo made a good point about Rorys Congressional US Open victory in rainy damp conditions that favor flying everything from tee shots to irons is that skill set is where he separates from the field. So if there is an advantage due to weather conditions for it to be an aerial game then he may be the guy as opposed to a JT or someone that brings it in even lower like the beloved Bryson

I’m glad we’re all talking about it this morning, because I have 27 lineups to make and I’m making then now. (Never made that many before, for anything.)

So along with the high end, how low in salary are people prepared to go? If you like a high ball flight, Jason Coatrack, err Kokrak, delivers that this week for 7,000 DK. Of course he is a newbie here, tho.
    ~

• monarch

@ifthethunder said...

I’m glad we’re all talking about it this morning, because I have 27 lineups to make and I’m making then now. (Never made that many before, for anything.)

So along with the high end, how low in salary are people prepared to go? If you like a high ball flight, Jason Coatrack, err Kokrak, delivers that this week for 7,000 DK. Of course he is a newbie here, tho.
    ~

My advice is to build correlated groups in your case. Build a carry distance/OTT group. Build an ATG group. Build a SGA group in case one of those skill sets is what this November Masters requires.

• mitchsnyderdfw

I’m seeing Conners name thrown around a lot from touts as a sneaky play, even perhaps a dark horse to win. I just can’t see the rationale, he would have to putt lights out, which isn’t his best skill to have a slim chance of a Top 10, let alone winning it.

• lfn1992

About all I know for sure is that I am downplaying CH here because it’s going to be different enough from a “regular” April Masters that I think you can minimize it. Without relying so much on CH as a guide, I’m ending up leaning towards recent form more and trying to pair it with some strange “comparable courses” that maybe at first glance don’t align with Augusta, as well as most of the tee-to-green stats and some of the others.

Having said that I am downplaying CH, I hate that the PGA Tour site is missing some key stats from 2019 on last year’s results – most notably putting. That’s the one stat I would want to see.

• BrianVT

@ifthethunder said...

Sounds like Kokrak is actually going to be chalky.

You playing any Cams this week (only two to choose from)?

• lfn1992

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I’m seeing Conners name thrown around a lot from touts as a sneaky play, even perhaps a dark horse to win. I just can’t see the rationale, he would have to putt lights out, which isn’t his best skill to have a slim chance of a Top 10, let alone winning it.

Overall all season his ball striking has been excellent. He is in my player pool at this moment.

• mogan11

I’m not sure if I fall into the fading CH because its November instead of April crowd. The green complexes haven’t changed, and from what we’ve heard will be in very similar shape to April Augusta. IMO thats where course history is important, doesn’t hurt to work the ball right to left here either which hasn’t changed.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Lots of thoughts going on here. I’m getting more excited each day. The first round of “builds” for me will be/are the mid range “course horses”. I think that familiarity is everything here. And he won’t be on the winner but Fred Couples makes the cut here so there’s that.

I am going to be way underweight on Bryson. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think Augusta can be “overpowered” like he is trying. I see some big holes around the corner. Also hate that he is the PGA “face” of DK. Gimme just about anybody else!!!

One guy I think will be overlooked is Tommy Fleetwood. Not sure he can win but a T10 isn’t out of the question.

One guy down low I like is Molinari. I used him last week and he exceeded my expectations. Should be a fun week!!!

• monarch

I think the course will play longer. Tiger mentioned that he has had to hit fairway woods into 1 and 18 in November.

I played on Sunday in Virginia and it was 75 and Sunny but because of the season with the dew, thickness or air the course to me played 20 percent longer than if I played it in April when it is beginning to pop.

• ifthethunder

@BrianVT said...

Sounds like Kokrak is actually going to be chalky.

You playing any Cams this week (only two to choose from)?

Cameron Smith was in the first lineup I made. I rarely play Champ, although I see he delivered for his backers last time out.

And before anyone asks: with the number of lineups I’m making I will find some room for Seabass.
    ~

• lfn1992

@hautalak said...

One guy down low I like is Molinari. I used him last week and he exceeded my expectations. Should be a fun week!!!

At that price, and with last weeks performance, it’s hard not to like him.

• RudyPujols

Tim: Can we get a small fry/HM#2 for those of us who didn’t get in on this Monday? Were you afraid 150 wouldn’t fill or just prefer the 100 even in a Major? Thanks for running it, no biggie if it doesn’t work out.

• ifthethunder

@hautalak said...

I’m with you on Francesco. I was afraid to play him last week, but he delivered. Unlike SWK. But I’m willing to give SWK a pass for one bad outing. Like Molinari, he knows his way around this course.
    ~

• ifthethunder

And now for “He Who Must Not Be Named”: Jordan Spieth. Will his form remain poor so we can fade him again, or will he rise up to troll us?

Speaking of trolls, this reminds me I need to have Pat Reed in the pool.
    ~

• CaptainSycamore

I feel like Bryson is about to wreck the course and I have to cram him in my lineups. It seems like im landing on being overweight on Wolff and Scheffler as well.

• wolfshield

@ifthethunder said...

And now for “He Who Must Not Be Named”: Jordan Spieth. Will his form remain poor so we can fade him again, or will he rise up to troll us?

Speaking of trolls, this reminds me I need to have Pat Reed in the pool.
    ~

Its taken me far too long to realize that Jordan Spieth is not an elite level golfer…has it been three years since he has won?

Easy pass, hopefully he takes on some ownership.

• BIF

@mogan11 said...

won 55 on 45 in showdown + milli ticket. I’ll take that all day.

I was 1st in the Showdown (in a huge tie) well into the 4th Q and then dropped to 28th because Jets Kicker had 0.8 more than Mims then ended up 103rd thanks to the long Folk FG to win as time expired which cost me $500. Still ended up cashing $305 off $135 but was winning $10-12K most of the night – damn Kickers !

2 more sleeps and less than 48 hours…

• BIF

@sfguy21 said...

I was tied with 100 other people for the win going into the 4th, but sadly ended up with only $200

We must have had same lineup – the kickers screwed us

• BIF

@monarch said...

To me they are fine but my rationale is why play Tyrell Hatton when I can easily find the money to play Rory McIlroy. DK priced the guys who IMO have the most DK scoring upside very favorably.

Everyone will play Xander at 9800. Okay, I will play Dustin Johnson. Bubba will be chalky, give me Brooks Koepka. Someone mentioned it earlier….pretty much everyone that is worth considering has an excellent shot at making the cut. So instead of trying to force six safe players I will probably spend way up so any 6/6s that I get will have more upside.

Like Corey Conners (6600) for example. Not your typical Masters lean but all it takes for him is a made cut and like a hole in one on 16 or one really good Mats type round and he can be just as optimal as a “safer” Fowler, ZJ, Kuch type play.

It’s funny how some guys always seem to go over owned every time they play (Xander, Finau, Cantlay, Webb, Hatton all come to mind) and then a few guys seem to go underowned regularly (Louis for sure and often Lowry, Day, Casey, Rose).

• naj1073

too early in the week for this?

Winner: Rahm
    Sleeper: Champ/Charl
    Fade: Bryson

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).