PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kdsdawg

playing the SE $200 on DK. Made a place saver L/U yesterday., I kinda like it, but it does have Bubba in it. Not why that scares me a little.

• winnerchickendinner

Put in my Milly/Millionaire ticket. Balanced with no golfers over ten grand.

• cardriverx93

what are people’s thoughts on jimmy walker

• freddec

Whats the word on Lanto? I usually fade rookies at Augusta but I have a feeling he’s gonna do well and I don’t know why. Someone talk me out of this! Lol

• osuryanf

@cardriverx93 said...

what are people’s thoughts on jimmy walker

Personally I’m off.. I don’t think he’s very good anyway and the stats I’m keying in on don’t seem to benefit him much.

• CaptainSycamore

I’ve got this weird feeling about Rahm. Dues birthday, and he has hit 2 hole in 1’s already this week. Dammit is it destiny?

• mogan11

@CaptainSycamore said...

I’ve got this weird feeling about Rahm. Dues birthday, and he has hit 2 hole in 1’s already this week. Dammit is it destiny?

If you’re into narrative, Brandel Chamblee just posted this to twitter…

“Jack Nicklaus won his 6th Masters in 1986, 23 years after his first. He was ranked 33rd in the world going into that week.

If Tiger wins this week, it will be his 6th Masters, 23 years after his first. He is ranked 33rd in the world going into this week.”

• sneaksox

@BrianVT said...

I bet Fleetwood rolled his eyes when he saw his tee time with Matthew Wolff. Wolff talked his ear off during that 9 hole charity round a while back and Fleetwood looked like he was trying to find someone to save him.

I can’t believe how annoying Wolff was mic’d up that day. It‘s actually kept me away from playing him since then, which helped since he finished 50th or worse in both no-cut events. Probably off him again this week.

• Gtzerphy

@mogan11 said...

If you’re into narrative, Brandel Chamblee just posted this to twitter…

“Jack Nicklaus won his 6th Masters in 1986, 23 years after his first. He was ranked 33rd in the world going into that week.

If Tiger wins this week, it will be his 6th Masters, 23 years after his first. He is ranked 33rd in the world going into this week.”

• ifthethunder

@Brandon6385 said...

Cam Smith thoughts?

Fits the bill…been here before, playing well recently, only 7,300 DK. The only problem I’m seeing is I have him in so many, since he makes playing two top salary players easier. The same goes for Kisner, Poulter, and Coatrack (save for Coatrack being a first-timer, of course.)
    ~

• Steverino01

@BrianVT said...

Today you can enter two Milly tickets to win an NFL $20 ticket. Pass for me.

I’ve been saving playing my tickets for these type of promotions. I’ll take that free NFL $20 ticket.

I see they now have a 2nd milly started, 3.5 million. DK made the first one (4 Million) way to small.

Hmm now that I think about it, I can now win 2 million.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was the NFL contest that I saw. Only 1 $20 golf milly.

• ifthethunder

@Steverino01 said...

I see they now have a 2nd milly started, 3.5 million. DK made the first one (4 Million) way to small.

I’m only seeing 153,063 entered/236.7K max for $4 million. Was there another one that already filled?
    ~

• Steverino01

I had a dream last night that Brooks WD from the Masters. I was already concerned about playing the often injured Brooks, but now I’m for sure fully fading him.

• byo34

@sneaksox said...

I can’t believe how annoying Wolff was mic’d up that day. It‘s actually kept me away from playing him since then, which helped since he finished 50th or worse in both no-cut events. Probably off him again this week.

Yeah he was annoying, but that personal bias means you also missed out on a 2nd and 4th place finish in majors and another 2nd place finish.

I am still undecided with him this week, would probably rather just go Day for 100 less.

• Steverino01

@ifthethunder said...

I’m only seeing 153,063 entered/236.7K max for $4 million. Was there another one that already filled?
    ~

No you are right. It was the NFL one that I saw. I need more coffee. I drank too much last night.

• Which books have make/miss the cut parlays?

• BIF

@timusbr said...

Note to self: check out odds for a Bison MC.

a lot of people like him, I think he is a bad player in weather.
    3 appearances T21, T38, and T29 (wasnt making his salary in the past why this week?)
    at least I feel safe fading him

Better check you spreadsheets
    I think he made his salary quite well the first two times (he finished T21 and Low Amateur in 2016 so definitely paid off salary very well) and then 2 years later as a pro in 2018 when he finished T38 he was still relatively an unknown with just 1 PGA Tour win (2017 John Deere) and ranking 60th in the world going into the 2018 Masters.

He probably did not pay off too well last April (19 months ago !) as he had 4 wins in 2018 and was probably Top 15 in the World then went through a period of only one worldwide win in about 16 months (won in Dubai Jan 2019 and not again until Rocket Mortgage June 2020) but he did shoot 66 in the 1st round tying for the lead in 2019 Masters – Again don’t forget the last Masters was a year and a half ago (April 2019) and Bryson is not the same player as he was then and has a ton of confidence in his new approach.

At the 2020 US Open that he won, of the players with the top 10 driving distance in that tourney, Bryson had the tightest distribution pattern on his drives – that is a great stat given that there is more room off the tee at Augusta than any other major locale.

I’ve been saying it for a couple weeks – Bryson is the only guy in this field that can win by multiple shots (more than 3+) and if that happens, he would be a must own as his birdie/eagle total would be top 2 in the field. Yes he can also finish 20th-30th but if you are playing more than 3-5 entries, I can’t see why anyone would fade him entirely. His ceiling fantasy week is 10-15 points higher than anyone else in the field and his floor is pretty good too.

• Steverino01

They showed Tiger on the range on the golf channel. He looks a bit stiff. Probably all the rainy weather or perhaps he drank too much expensive wine last night.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@BIF said...

I’ve been saying it for a couple weeks – Bryson is the only guy in this field that can win by multiple shots (more than 3+) and if that happens, he would be a must own as his birdie/eagle total would be top 2 in the field. Yes he can also finish 20th-30th but if you are playing more than 3-5 entries, I can’t see why anyone would fade him entirely. His ceiling fantasy week is 10-15 points higher than anyone else in the field and his floor is pretty good too.

• osuryanf

Bryson is doing unprecedented things in Golf and has the potential to go on an unprecedented run.

I can’t imagine fading him in this tournament.

• thedkexperience

@MrBreeze said...

Well, my lineups are done. Made 35 lines for the Milly and they are entered.

Subconsciously I faded X-Man 100%, not sure why or how, but he never made a line. You can’t play everyone I suppose, but that one gives me an uneasy feeling.

As someone who watches like 7 holes of golf per year, plays maybe 3 rounds a year in non-covid times and honestly believes golf should be no more than a 12 hole sport, I still had the audacity to tell my buddy who lives all things golf that “this feels like a Xander week.”

I am Jon Snow.

• BIF

@Steverino01 said...

I had a dream last night that Brooks WD from the Masters. I was already concerned about playing the often injured Brooks, but now I’m for sure fully fading him.

Saw them talking about Brooks and his knee on Golf Channel and they said Augusta will be a test for him – probably the 2nd or 3rd toughest walk all year on Tour (in the US). Almost every shot you hit (other than tee shots) will be sidehill, uphill or downhill – this can put much more stress on your knees than at any other course.

This week will show how healed his knee is

• byo34

@BIF said...

I’ve been saying it for a couple weeks – Bryson is the only guy in this field that can win by multiple shots

I recall DJ beating Bryson by 30 strokes just a few months ago!

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@byo34 said...

Solution: just be 2-3x over the field on both DJ and Bryson.

• osuryanf

@byo34 said...

I beg to differ. Happy Gilmore accomplished that feat no more than an hour ago.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).