PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@cardriverx93 said...

what are people’s thoughts on jimmy walker

He has Lyme disease or something like that. He loses energy. Even if he makes it through the “cut” he usually fades. He is cheap and with bones on the bag that has to help a lil

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

Reading now that there will be some big wind in forecast. Bump to Lowry, Westwood, oosty, Hatton, etc?

• thedkexperience

@osuryanf said...

Bryson is doing unprecedented things in Golf and has the potential to go on an unprecedented run.

I can’t imagine fading him in this tournament.

So steroids then?

Let’s be real, if there was a baseball player who gained 30 pounds of muscle in a year and was repeatedly wrecking balls into the upper deck at a pace unseen in history we wouldn’t be talking about the major run he is going to go on. We’d be joking about his upcoming 80 game suspension.

I guess now is as good a time as any to bet on him but I don’t for a second believe his power explosion is due to shaft length, launch angle and Wheaties.

• ifthethunder

@byo34 said...

I recall DJ beating Bryson by 30 strokes just a few months ago!

Lineup 1 and 2 of 27 for me are Bison-DJ lineups. I keep telling myself, “you got too many stars and scrubs l.u.s!” But the fact is I just don’t love the midmarket, save for a few people.

Here’s a question for the crowd: Who’s more likely to MC, Ian Poulter or Justin Rose?
    ~

• jdtrey

I’m sure none of you are curious but no, you can’t fit 4 top guys on either site haha
    I have way too much time left to screw (up) around with lineups today..

ETA: Although full disclosure I do have a lineup with Jazz and CT Pan so obviously I still tried.

• Steverino01

@BIF said...

Saw them talking about Brooks and his knee on Golf Channel and they said Augusta will be a test for him – probably the 2nd or 3rd toughest walk all year on Tour (in the US). Almost every shot you hit (other than tee shots) will be sidehill, uphill or downhill – this can put much more stress on your knees than at any other course.

This week will show how healed his knee is

Yea I saw them talking about that too. Right now I’m looking at Day in one of my lineups and contemplating removing him for the same reason.

• Ricolasvegas

@cardriverx93 said...

He’s almost the Min price and he’s never missed a cut @ the Masters… even with his bad current form. I’ll use him a little bit to help fit in some of the high price guys.

• Ricolasvegas

@freddec said...

Whats the word on Lanto? I usually fade rookies at Augusta but I have a feeling he’s gonna do well and I don’t know why. Someone talk me out of this! Lol

Alot of love for Lanto out there… I dont get it, Im with you on fading the rookies. Wolf is the only rookie im gonna have some shares of just because when he’s on he has the game to compete at any tournament.

• sjs1890

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBC Finalist

I don’t mind fading Bryson at that salary and probably reaching around 25%. Building around the top 2 players in the world in DJ and Rahm doesn’t seem like a bad idea.

• bfwl3434

@ifthethunder said...

Lineup 1 and 2 of 27 for me are Bison-DJ lineups. I keep telling myself, “you got too many stars and scrubs l.u.s!” But the fact is I just don’t love the midmarket, save for a few people.

Here’s a question for the crowd: Who’s more likely to MC, Ian Poulter or Justin Rose?
    ~

Rose if I had to choose. However, I hope both make it because both are in a lot of my lineup’s.

• noddy

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

I think with the short field we need to at least have the winner right?

Yes I would think so.

• Ricolasvegas

@ifthethunder said...

~

To me its gotta be Rose… not that long ago Rose was #1 in the world but 10/18 cuts this year and he missed the cut last year the Masters. Ian is playing well top 12 or higher last 3 tourneys and very solid CH The Masters. I wanna go all in on Ian at his cheap price, he’s gotta be like 30% owned im guessing ?

• miggs6876

@thedkexperience said...

So steroids then?

Let’s be real, if there was a baseball player who gained 30 pounds of muscle in a year and was repeatedly wrecking balls into the upper deck at a pace unseen in history we wouldn’t be talking about the major run he is going to go on. We’d be joking about his upcoming 80 game suspension.

I guess now is as good a time as any to bet on him but I don’t for a second believe his power explosion is due to shaft length, launch angle and Wheaties.

👍

• dcsports21

Fanduel GPP Core plays

Rahm, Koepka, DJ, Matsuyama, Watson, Ftizpatrick and Molinari

• MrBreeze

@MrBreeze said...

Well, my lineups are done. Made 35 lines for the Milly and they are entered.

Subconsciously I faded X-Man 100%, not sure why or how, but he never made a line. You can’t play everyone I suppose, but that one gives me an uneasy feeling.

Just can’t do it, tinkered X-Man back in to 20% of my entries…….save me from more tinkering! I just want to go to sleep and wake up too Jack & Gary teeing off.

• Steverino01

Wednesday at the Masters comes on at noon ET on ESPN.

• kdsdawg

was the old Sports Illustrated curse ever applied to golf.
    Bryson is on the cover this month

• ifthethunder

@Ricolasvegas said...

I wanna go all in on Ian at his cheap price, he’s gotta be like 30% owned im guessing ?

He is by me, but that’s the risk. I thought Adam Schenk was guaranteed to make the cut last week…wrong! I do recall playing Poulter solely because I figured he was a cheap made cut at his salary, and he missed.

There are plenty of pivots down there, but as I’m finding…once you start sprinkling them in, your player pool quickly becomes large relative to your number of entries.
    ~

• sneaksox

@byo34 said...

Yeah he was annoying, but that personal bias means you also missed out on a 2nd and 4th place finish in majors and another 2nd place finish.

I am still undecided with him this week, would probably rather just go Day for 100 less.

His charity round was after those finishes, actually I think that’s why he had such a big headed attitude taking about how he never misses cuts, etc.

I do have Day in my small pool and agree, experience usually wins out at the Masters, especially with some weather coming in.

• noddy

@ifthethunder said...

~

Rose IMO

• Dsingleton3321

When do we get the NFL milly ticket? I just entered the 2 for golf in the promo section

• byo34

@sneaksox said...

His charity round was after those finishes, actually I think that’s why he had such a big headed attitude taking about how he never misses cuts, etc.

It was the 3M Open in late July with Fleetwood.

• Steverino01

@Dsingleton3321 said...

When do we get the NFL milly ticket? I just entered the 2 for golf in the promo section

Sometime Thursday according to the Terms and Conditions.

the NFL $20 Millionaire Ticket will be paid out by 11:59PM ET on Thursday, 11/12/20.

• depalma13

@cardriverx93 said...

-2, -2, +1 in the last three years. Seems like a reliable for 6300.

• ifthethunder

@Steverino01 said...

Sometime Thursday according to the Terms and Conditions.

the NFL $20 Millionaire Ticket will be paid out by 11:59PM ET on Thursday, 11/12/20.

I wonder if I should hold onto a couple of my milly tickets until early tomorrow, just in case the promo is based on more $20 entries?

P.S. I was just checking tee times: 07:33 AM, tee #10:

Bryson DeChambeau
    Louis Oosthuizen
    Jon Rahm

Wish I could watch that, all day!
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).