PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Straightfire118

Bryson is the official DK sponsored golfer, gonna be wearing a DK patch on his hat. Maybe DK expects Bryson to win the masters.

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

@Straightfire118 said...

Bryson is the official DK sponsored golfer, gonna be wearing a DK patch on his hat. Maybe DK expects Bryson to win the masters.

Clearly they do. Look at his price!

• blue

I’m drawn to lee Westwood every time but I never play him. Maybe this is the year.

• blue

@klf_is_gonna_rock_ya said...

It’s gonna be hard to fade Bryson but I don’t think I can play him at $11.2k

Fade at your own peril.

• monarch

I think Rahm should be the favorite. His game is built for green jackets

• noddy

I’m going with Bryson and Rahm and then whoever else I can fit in.

• monarch

@noddy said...

I’m going with Bryson and Rahm and then whoever else I can fit in.

Good strategy. I think I might build around Xander+Rahm

• blue

Anyone got the Mayo link?

• BIF

@monarch said...

I think Rahm should be the favorite. His game is built for green jackets

Rahm has a great all around game but he does not have the prototypical Augusta winner’s game – he doesn’t hit it as high as some of the past winners and he fades it.

He can definitely win it but he’s going to need to work it both ways; especially with his irons.

• monarch

The fade has me a little worried about Morikawa. He has that high fade that would be ideal if he was left handed. I give Rahm an edge there with his experience.

Maybe I am overrating OTT with Rahm and Xander. OTT grinders with some CH and recent form.

• BIF

@blue said...

Anyone got the Mayo link?

Not posted yet from what I’m seeing

• BIF

@monarch said...

The fade has me a little worried about Morikawa. He has that high fade that would be ideal if he was left handed. I give Rahm an edge there with his experience.

Maybe I am overrating OTT with Rahm and Xander. OTT grinders with some CH and recent form.

I’d be equally worried about Morikawa’s putter at Augusta – his worst part of his game at a course where history/experience is important and the greens are like no other.

• blue

Think I’m gonna fade all these Covid guys.

• blue

They say it affects the heart. Gotta have a lotta heart to win the Masters.

• Felixxberg

What I hate about this is that I’ll play 6 guys who are as steady as it gets and did well every year over the last 5+ years, and I know damn well that at least 2 of them will miss the cut this year for no reason!

Still, it’s the Masters and I’m excited!

• XxHeisenbergxX

I am far from a golf expert..and I don’t know what is needed to qualify BUT there are a lot of good mid ranged golfers missing from this tourney..(one being English…why isn’t he there?) as I scroll down the list there are a lot of crap ass golfers.

• BIF

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

I am far from a golf expert..and I don’t know what is needed to qualify BUT there are a lot of good mid ranged golfers missing from this tourney..(one being English…why isn’t he there?) as I scroll down the list there are a lot of crap ass golfers.

Masters is an invitational and you only get invited based on various qualification methods.

Go to Masters.com and click on Invitees – it indicates how each guy qualified and at the bottom has the qualifications.

Also the deadline to qualify for the 2020 Masters ended back in April (well actually March this year as that was when they shut down for Covid). Anybody who has qualified since the re-start has qualified for the 2021 Masters in April.

Harris English will be in the 2021 Masters as until late August, he was outside the Top 100 in the world rankings – his good run in August at the Fed Ex Playoffs qualified him for all of the 2021 Majors.

• eruthruff

Here’s a link to Mayo’s Masters video (and the rake free contest):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crOzbO4UOo0

• BIF

@eruthruff said...

Here’s a link to Mayo’s Masters video (and the rake free contest):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crOzbO4UOo0

To help
    Click on the drop down for info on the video and direct contest link is in there.

• whodat2

I’m not seeing evidence that DirecTv will be showing the “Masters Experience” this year like in years past…. 6 feeds. I will be so pissed if this is the case.

• shadowchap1978

Loving Cam Smith at 7300 this year..he seems to play well here with the wider fwy’s. Anyone else like him as a solid cut maker/top 15 upside guy??

• XxHeisenbergxX

@BIF said...

Masters is an invitational and you only get invited based on various qualification methods.

Go to Masters.com and click on Invitees – it indicates how each guy qualified and at the bottom has the qualifications.

Also the deadline to qualify for the 2020 Masters ended back in April (well actually March this year as that was when they shut down for Covid). Anybody who has qualified since the re-start has qualified for the 2021 Masters in April.

Harris English will be in the 2021 Masters as until late August, he was outside the Top 100 in the world rankings – his good run in August at the Fed Ex Playoffs qualified him for all of the 2021 Majors.

Thanks man for the info!

• MACKTYSON

Joker Niemann W/D. Fire up Berger?

• cplatt87

@MACKTYSON said...

Joker Niemann W/D. Fire up Berger?

COVID related. Sucks for Niemann, hes been playing well.

I might be wrong but I don’t believe there are alternates for The Masters. If someone withdraws that’s just 1 less in the field.

• MACKTYSON

@cplatt87 said...

COVID related. Sucks for Niemann, hes been playing well.

I might be wrong but I don’t believe there are alternates for The Masters. If someone withdraws that’s just 1 less in the field.

Yea that’s what I thought too, was hoping to see Berger and or English and or Hovland lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.