PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Money0227

@Sleazygreazy said...

“Range” as defined by Gambler’s Ano…., er, the DFS Constitution – “within $800 in salary”

Well okay. I’m guessing people taking Finau and/or Hideki aren’t leaving 700-800 on the table to go grab Morikawa. Pretty sure it’s not a one off for most people.

• monarch

@Money0227 said...

Well okay. I’m guessing people taking Finau and/or Hideki aren’t leaving 700-800 on the table to go grab Morikawa. Pretty sure it’s not a one off for most people.

Thats why Morikawa is being skipped. People are blindly getting as much Mats and Finau as possible. Way more than the times they outscore Morikawa. We have 50k to spend. Finding 800 is not really difficult.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

Thats why Morikawa is being skipped. People are blindly getting as much Mats and Finau as possible. Way more than the times they outscore Morikawa. We have 50k to spend. Finding 800 is not really difficult.

I have zero Mats, zero Finau, zero Rory, zero JT, zero Bryson, and zero Rahm. Just the way I like it, all or nothing. Not tryin to F around and get a 39% ROI by hedging all over the place. If/when it doesn’t work out, I’ll do some NFL

• jdtrey

I’m done making changes just for the sake of doing so.

Ended up:
    50% DJ, Rory, Rahm, Finau
    30% Day
    20-25% Koepka, X
    10% Bryson

Can it be morning now?

• ifthethunder

@Steverino01 said...

Probably no promo as the’ve added a $20 400K. The milly may even fill before midnight.

And for all the Tiger talk, I’m 100% fading him, but I am a Tiger hater.

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve got 21 in, 6 to go. My brain is fried.
    ~

• lfn1992

I still need to settle on my 60 LUs and the 20ish I’m going to put in the Milly, but here’s one thing I know – it ain’t going to look like yours, I don’t think.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Any thoughts on Hadwin? Not sure how I ended up with so much. He’s got 37th place written all over him and I don’t think that’s gonna be quite enough

• ifthethunder

@lfn1992 said...

I still need to settle on my 60 LUs and the 20ish I’m going to put in the Milly, but here’s one thing I know – it ain’t going to look like yours, I don’t think.

I think I’m going heaviest on Rahm at the top end. But he won’t be my highest-owned, because of celery constraints. That’s going to be the mid-lower tier chalk. Sometimes, chalk is good chalk. Hoping to get some.
    ~

• Getty33

@ifthethunder said...

I think I’m going heaviest on Rahm at the top end. But he won’t be my highest-owned, because of celery constraints. That’s going to be the mid-lower tier chalk. Sometimes, chalk is good chalk. Hoping to get some.
    ~

I love me those inner white stalks of the celery. Now I know what to do with the stringy outside stalks. Thanks.

• Money0227

@jdtrey said...

I’m done making changes just for the sake of doing so.

Ended up:
    50% DJ, Rory, Rahm, Finau
    30% Day
    20-25% Koepka, X
    10% Bryson

Can it be morning now?

I originally wanted DJ, Brooks and Tony as my top 3. It left me $100 short for the the remaining 3 guys I wanted. Talked myself into Xander instead of DJ to make it work. We’ll see…

• depalma13

Winner: Fowler

Fade: Simpson

Sleeper: EVR

Low Round of the Week: Spieth

• ifthethunder

@Sleazygreazy said...

Any thoughts on Hadwin? Not sure how I ended up with so much. He’s got 37th place written all over him and I don’t think that’s gonna be quite enough

I was going to make a Had Win joke earlier. I don’t hate the play, but if I’m visiting the 6,300 zone (I am), I’m looking at Justin Harding and J.T. Poston.
    ~

• monarch

Thanks for bringing up Morikawa.

Three times since the restart he has gained 12 or more strokes (that is a lot!) against the field. Charles Schwab, Workday and PGA Championship. Those were fields comparable to this one. Muirfield Village and Harding Park have been mentioned as potential comps.

I wasn’t going to get any. He is projected at seven percent. I am beginning to get to some Morikawa.

And now I’m starting to wonder if Morikawa and Finau are correlated.

Morikawa wins Workday. The next week Finau should have won Memorial.

PGA Championship Morikawa #1, Finau #4

Both MC at Northern Trust

Both T20 at the BMW

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

J.T. Poston.

Got PLENTY of him too. Harding seems like chasing (a year plus later) and he’ll probably have inflated ownership which makes him less desirable, but still playable to me. Have him in one rn, but I image he ends up on the cutting room floor

• realphipps

I have a friend who works at Augusta who told me to play Sebastian Munoz in my SE and I’m wondering if he’s just f’n around at my novice expense.

• SteeloCity

Is Fleetwood that bad? Only 5% owned? Gimme some of that

• BrianVT

@realphipps said...

I have a friend who works at Augusta who told me to play Sebastian Munoz in my SE and I’m wondering if he’s just f’n around at my novice expense.

Nothing wrong with Munoz.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@realphipps said...

I like Munoz, a lot. I’ve also got him at 85-1 for $20 to be the first round leader. Sometimes he comes out on FIRE

• monarch

Anyone playing Justin Rose? If this were 2019 this forum would love him and his elite CH lol

• Giez

@realphipps said...

LOL

• cplatt87

Finally have my lineups locked and loaded for tomorrow. Whatever happens, looking forward to watching my favorite sporting event of the year.

Winner: Rory
    Fade: Rahm and JT
    Sleeper: Shane Lowry

Good luck everyone

• Dshand03

@BIF said...

I’m not saying Bryson wins for sure but it’s still foolish to fade entirely if people are multi-entering.

If you (or anyone else) would mind getting into some of the game theory of lineup setting as it relates to this, I’d appreciate it.

I am pretty sure I come at lineup builds with a way too simplistic of a foundation, but I don’t really understand the why. Basically, I try to be overweight my estimated ownership as often as I can, sometimes will go around even, but try to avoid underweight altogether. My thought is that being underweight on a system that has significant rake is pretty counterproductive. Basically, if you are going to hit, then hit hard and accept there will be weeks that are a complete bust.

This week, I am going with 18 lineups, and if I take Bryson and put him in, say 2 or 3, then I am still behind the field, and then I might be putting myself even or under with say a DJ then too.

What other factors should I be considering, beyond that?

Also, just for background, I float around between 3 and 20 lineups per week. So, I think at least there is some point where my view has more validity (lower entry extremes where you are likely overweight just with including in one lineup), and then if I were to go up to 150 (for an extreme example) I should certainly start sprinkling in all players with win equity. Do players have a rule of thumb about how they play this at different lineup thresholds?

• byo34

Winner: DJ
    Fade: Rory and JT
    Sleeper: Si Woo

• Getty33

@realphipps said...

Thunder will have mucho shares of the Seabass. The guy has really been peaking this year. Right place right time? Only time will tell.

• Giez

@cplatt87 said...

Finally have my lineups locked and loaded for tomorrow. Whatever happens, looking forward to watching my favorite sporting event of the year.

Winner: Rory
    Fade: Rahm and JT
    Sleeper: Shane Lowry

Good luck everyone

I have picked Rory last two Masters… bag of dicks… so I am sure he wins it this year when I fade! :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).