PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

EVR 6900? Playing pretty well including this week. South Africans have been strong at the Masters over the past decade or so.

• Steverino01

The Masters is the one tourney every year where a 6/6 doesn’t guarantee you money. Each of the last two years I’ve had 6/6’s not finish in the money. Around 70% of the field makes the cut and 10% of the field are hackers that have no chance of making the cut. The highest percentage of 6/6 you will see all year.

Is it Thursday yet?

• Steverino01

Flashback Friday: Tony Finau in 2018 making a hole in one during the par 3 contest and dislocated his ankle while celebrating. Goes on to top 10. Yea I and most everyone else faded him after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Pis3h9MIU

• BIF

Bryson DeChambeau played a recent practice round at Augusta National. According to Joel Beall’s sources,
    Bryson had less than 100 yards into No. 1 and No. 18, he reached No. 3 with a fairway wood, he had a 6-iron into the par-5 8th hole, and he had a 9-iron or wedge into No. 15. Should be an interesting Masters.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-2020-masters-augusta-national

• jdtrey

Bryson’s bringing the 47.5” shaft and of course, Phil’s bringing the 48”

• BigRay

@monarch said...

I think Rahm should be the favorite. His game is built for green jackets

plus the Spaniards always play well here.

• mgravity

I love watching golf with no spectators and no stands and hospitality suites ! We can see the golf course for what it is how great is this Masters going to be seeing Augusta National uncluttered ?!

• titanhawks

Anyone gonna take Beat the Forum this week?

• BIF

4 more sleeps…..

• whodat2

@titanhawks said...

Anyone gonna take Beat the Forum this week?

Nobody has it?

• js5734

Pretty sure if the weather forecast doesn’t change tourney might not start until Friday – Thursday looks like a total wash

• hbomb57

@js5734 said...

Pretty sure if the weather forecast doesn’t change tourney might not start until Friday – Thursday looks like a total wash

If this is the case and with no fans skip the Par3 and start Wednesday. I know that won’t happen and if Thursday is a wash it might be a killer for some of the older guys as you would think they would want to finish this on a Sunday.

• titanhawks

@whodat2 said...

Nobody has it?

I see now that BerkeleyBoss has it this week

• BrianVT

@BIF said...

4 more sleeps…..

In the Marine Corps, we would now call it two and a wake-up.

• titanhawks

@hbomb57 said...

If this is the case and with no fans skip the Par3 and start Wednesday. I know that won’t happen and if Thursday is a wash it might be a killer for some of the older guys as you would think they would want to finish this on a Sunday.

I’m pretty sure they have already cancelled the par three contest

• mitchsnyderdfw

@js5734 said...

While rain is in the forecast Wed. and Thurs., don’t forget that Augusta has a SubAir system and can control the moisture on the greens about as good as any course.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikmatuszewski/2019/04/10/subair-technology-found-at-augusta-national-is-spreading-beyond-golf/?sh=6286950069c6

I’m seeing a 60% chance of a thunderstorm or two on Thursday, but it’s still early.

• js5734

Not worried about the rain – the early forecast says thunderstorms all day on Thursday – can’t play through that

• ifthethunder

@BrianVT said...

In the Marine Corps, we would now call it two and a wake-up.

I need to do a better jerb of focusing on team chemistry this week.
    ~

• BrianVT

@ifthethunder said...

I need to do a better jerb of focusing on team chemistry this week.
    ~

You could try like a Ryder cup approach to your teams. They can kind of help each other out for their country (or continents). But, I think I’m going to just stick with what the data tells me, and hope the team I put together can get to know each other pretty quickly.

• BrianVT

@titanhawks said...

I’m pretty sure they have already cancelled the par three contest

Yep, no par 3 contest this year.

• kujo33

No 10 shot cut rule anymore

• cplatt87

https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/1325790577942802433?s=19

Cut rule is changed for this year. Only top 50 and ties make it through. No more within 10 shots of the lead rule.

Definetly going to make the cut sweat alot worse this year. Personally i like the change

• osuryanf

I like it as well. Minimize the 6/6 % as much as possible.

• ValuableTrader

Finally…

IT’S MASTERS WEEK!!!

• whodat2

@cplatt87 said...

https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/1325790577942802433?s=19

Cut rule is changed for this year. Only top 50 and ties make it through. No more within 10 shots of the lead rule.

Definetly going to make the cut sweat alot worse this year. Personally i like the change

Is that for this year only due to less daylight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.