PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kdsdawg

@whodat2 said...

Is that for this year only due to less daylight?

wouldn’t surprise me

• shadowchap1978

Been saving up my showdown winnings to enter the big 100 dollar single entry tournament for this week…this is my Super bowl of DFS since the restart!

• BrianVT

I’m playing that one as well. Was going to do the $200 SE, but that one only cashes 19.8% vs. 24.5% in the $100 SE. Need any break I can get.

• cplatt87

I’m playing the $100 SE this week as well because I liked the pay structure. Not playing the milly maker as a result but I would rather play a SE entry contest with that money instead of 5 lottery tickets in a 150 max tournament.

• BrianVT

@cplatt87 said...

I’m playing the $100 SE this week as well because I liked the pay structure. Not playing the milly maker as a result but I would rather play a SE entry contest with that money instead of 5 lottery tickets in a 150 max tournament.

Precisely. I’ll wait to see if DK needs to send out incentives to join the Milly. Another alternative would be the 20 x $4 Fore (26% cash).

• cplatt87

@BrianVT said...

Precisely. I’ll wait to see if DK needs to send out incentives to join the Milly. You’d be better off just playing the 20 x $4 Fore as another alternative (26% cash).

They juiced up the prize pool in the $3 20 max Birdie this week, so I put 20 entries in that already too.

• BrianVT

Sergio caught the C-19. W/D

Still don’t understand how this happens to these guys so easily.

• cplatt87

@BrianVT said...

He played Houston last week too didn’t he? If so that’s scary because there’s a chance anyone in that field may have been exposed.

• BrianVT

@cplatt87 said...

He played Houston last week too didn’t he? If so that’s scary because there’s a chance anyone in that field may have been exposed.

Yea, he missed the cut, though, so hard to say when/where he got it.

• mgravity

Well it is a steady tropical storm type rain here in central Florida and definitely will be moving into Georgia slow and steady.

• Jeddy3

Hope Finau dodges it again since he played with Sergio.

• Wander_Bread

Damn, rough for Sergio and Joker….

I have to say this pricing is TOUGH! Not loving my early builds but plenty of time for research and tweaking.

Westwood is so tempting at that price. was playing great until Houston

• querb

@Jeddy3 said...

Hope Finau dodges it again since he played with Sergio.

he’s already had it

• monarch

@querb said...

he’s already had it

Time to add a new column to the old optimizer

• karonica

the 3 dollar also pays a good return starting to look at that now

• BrianVT

@karonica said...

the 3 dollar also pays a good return starting to look at that now

The $2 × 20 as well. 27%. We’re going to have them all covered in here before it’s over.

• JTAx33

Shockingly enough, MKF did not actually offer larger prize pools for Augusta like they said they were hoping to.

• Shaver933

Anyone have thoughts on course difficulty vs history? I have to imagine it’ll be softer than usual, but what effect will November have?

MKF has first round lines up earlier than usual.

• eruthruff

@BrianVT said...

Maybe it’s mostly just that they get tested 100 times more than the rest of us. A lot of people get COVID and never know it (perhaps ~10 times as many as those who are confirmed).

• Shaver933

@JTAx33 said...

Shockingly enough, MKF did not actually offer larger prize pools for Augusta like they said they were hoping to.

I’m not surprised either. They have lost so much money the last 2-3 weeks, even with the massive bailout they got from day 4 in Houston. The issue isn’t mostly the contest format, like they apparently think it is. It’s that they are late and slow and bad at setting competitive lines.

• mgravity

Top Amateur ?

• eruthruff

@BIF said...

Bryson DeChambeau played a recent practice round at Augusta National. According to Joel Beall’s sources,
    Bryson had less than 100 yards into No. 1 and No. 18, he reached No. 3 with a fairway wood, he had a 6-iron into the par-5 8th hole, and he had a 9-iron or wedge into No. 15. Should be an interesting Masters.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-2020-masters-augusta-national

Did Bryson just get even longer?

Looking at the hole maps in the article, it seems like this is a great course to bomb it (if you’re still pretty accurate) as the fairway sand traps are positioned for normal humans, not bionic Brysons.

• BrianVT

@eruthruff said...

Maybe it’s mostly just that they get tested 100 times more than the rest of us. A lot of people get COVID and never know it (perhaps ~10 times as many as those who are confirmed).

Yea, that’s a good point. Herd immunity will probably get here before mass vaccines do, especially at the rates we’ve seen the last week or so. Plus, now people celebrating elections, protesting everything, and storming football fields. Anybody see those ND pictures of students rushing the field?

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

I’m playing that one as well. Was going to do the $200 SE, but that one only cashes 19.8% vs. 24.5% in the $100 SE. Need any break I can get.

There is two $200 ones now

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

Precisely. I’ll wait to see if DK needs to send out incentives to join the Milly. Another alternative would be the 20 x $4 Fore (26% cash).

If you play the NFL $15 Showdown 3 times today before 6pm ET, you get a Free Masters Milly ticket (check Promotions)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.