PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MACKTYSON

Quick question if anyone can confirm, I will be in Vegas this week, if I buy my DK LU’s now, I can still change my line ups in Nevada correct? Probably a stupid question.

• timusbr

Masters week is here.

I had an impressive week of bad luck. (well maybe just bad picks) I feel that I am the person to ask….Who you got this week?….just so you can fade that golfer.

I had success in Euro golf. of course I only competed against a handful of people in Gpp’s. I scored in NFL tiers as the only slate of (15?) and got my bankroll fleeced by a greedy horse player spending dime superfectas like a moviegoer eats popcorn at an all day movie festival.

I got 11 milly tickets and that will be the bulk of my Masters entries.

• querb

@mgravity said...

I love watching golf with no spectators and no stands and hospitality suites ! We can see the golf course for what it is how great is this Masters going to be seeing Augusta National uncluttered ?!

members will be able to spectate

• querb

@MACKTYSON said...

Quick question if anyone can confirm, I will be in Vegas this week, if I buy my DK LU’s now, I can still change my line ups in Nevada correct? Probably a stupid question.

correct

• BrianVT

@lfn1992 said...

LOL, I mean, I get that it sounds like a stupid statement, but aren’t these guys pretty much trying to live in a bubble? And then you just wear your mask when you’re not in that bubble? It sounds really easy to me. We’re talking about a sample population of like 250 guys who are supposed to be living extremely safer than everyone else, and yet 1 or more of them seems to catch it every week. But, like someone else said, maybe a bunch of us have caught it too, and just didn’t know it, and these guys have a q-tip stuck up their nose multiple times a week. I’ve only had to do that once.

• skankinmat

Thoughts on the best sub-7K options? My initial eye went to Poston, Connors, and Lanto ( I have not looked up their Masters history )

• joephoto

@MACKTYSON said...

I’ve always entered before I traveled to Nevada. Edited them easily while there.
    With location restrictions you cannot ENTER a contest in Nevada for money. At least last 10 years or so that is.

• marker0357

@BrianVT said...

LOL, I mean, I get that it sounds like a stupid statement, but aren’t these guys pretty much trying to live in a bubble? And then you just wear your mask when you’re not in that bubble? It sounds really easy to me. We’re talking about a sample population of like 250 guys who are supposed to be living extremely safer than everyone else, and yet 1 or more of them seems to catch it every week. But, like someone else said, maybe a bunch of us have caught it too, and just didn’t know it, and these guys have a q-tip stuck up their nose multiple times a week. I’ve only had to do that once.

let’s see if the math makes sense…

330M roughly in US population
    10M roughly total cases in the US
    so that’s about 3%
    250 players in PGA sounds reasonable and at 3% that’s about 7 or 8 and with constant testing. That seems to check.
    I wonder what the % of positives for NFL? That would be interesting to know because I think they get tested possibly even more frequently and they are certainly not in a bubble.

Personally, I’m in the camp that many, many more people have had it and didn’t know, either have only minor or no symptoms or had it very early on before people were even able to get tested.

• BIF

@MACKTYSON said...

It used to work that way a year or so ago. I’ve done the same thing when I’m in Mexico every January as well.

• lfn1992

@marker0357 said...

so that’s about 3%
    250 players in PGA sounds reasonable and at 3% that’s about 7 or 8 and with constant testing. That seems to check.
    I wonder what the % of positives for NFL? That would be interesting to know because I think they get tested possibly even more frequently and they are certainly not in a bubble.

Personally, I’m in the camp that many, many more people have had it and didn’t know, either have only minor or no symptoms or had it very early on before people were even able to get tested.

FWIW that’s about the same rate it seems like on the EURO Tour in terms of C-19 W/D.

• timusbr

BrianVT, I would love to chime in but refrain. I wrote 2 other reply’s and found them long….not golf related and really has no answer to what your looking to understand. I fear for the next couple of weeks. There is going to be a huge increase because of the many celebrations.

The University of ND had many covid issues on opening. Had bad PR for the way they handled it. and cant believe what we saw at the end of the game wasn’t plastered on CNN for 96 hours straight.

The Dodgers and MLB got a black eye on covid but not just because the news happened where it doesnt effect any games anymore. The media and MLB are more than happy to let the incident not be big news and hope that it dies even as a footnote.

The NFL ppd 2 games early on but let the 49’ers play when their offense was decimated by covid last week.

Hell, I only wash my hands a dozen times a day instead of 50. Haven’t wiped down a door knob or handle in months. stopped disinfecting boxes and bags being delivered. taking public buses again. and even shared my pot (glass pipe) with some people not in my bubble.

Back to square 1 on covid prevention. If I am tired of it 99% of americans have got to be tired of it.

• thedkexperience

@BrianVT said...

No matter how careful you may be it’s impossible to know every person your inner circle has been in contact with today. One trip to Target with a mask on for 30 minutes can easily have you pass by 100 people. Even if you don’t make the trip to Target yourself the six degrees of Kevin Bacon on all this is the problem.

Conversely I have to assume some athletes fall into the “can’t happen to me because I’m indestructible” mindset no matter how many warnings they’ve gotten.

• jss1218

Sorry if this has been discussed before but can we really not get SG stats (other than SG: Total) for Augusta?

• BrianVT

@marker0357 said...

so that’s about 3%

Personally, I’m in the camp that many, many more people have had it and didn’t know, either have only minor or no symptoms or had it very early on before people were even able to get tested

There’s been 16 players test positive on the PGA tour, and I don’t know if 250 is the right denominator number to use either. https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/06/29/coronavirus-pga-tour-player-tested-positive-covid-19/

But, I guess my main point is, they’re not like the average person, so those numbers seem high to me. They’re not eating in restaurants, not going to BLM protests, MAGA rallies, election parties, sporting events, concerts, college parties, etc. And, I think they’d be a little smarter about following guidelines when they’re out on their daily routines. Not really a conversation worth dragging out, so I’ll let it go. Clearly whatever they’re doing isn’t working well, or they’re just testing positive and would have never known they had it, which is most likely.

• Ndepompei

@skankinmat said...

Thoughts on the best sub-7K options? My initial eye went to Poston, Connors, and Lanto ( I have not looked up their Masters history )

I like some Bernd Wiesberger solid history

• mogan11

I wonder if Sergio was talking about himself earlier in the season when he said “others deserve to get it more than nick watney.”

• Jeddy3

Not sure how I feel about the cut change? It’s no longer within 10 strokes, so it isn’t going to feel like a no cut event now.

• timusbr

@BrianVT said...

They’re not eating in restaurants, not going to BLM protests, MAGA rallies, election parties, sporting events, concerts, college parties, etc.

with all the press that comes from the PGA. you know they dont get into these issues. I dont believe that everyone on tour abides by the “rules”.

cmon close contact to someone who tests positive should require 14 days quarantine. Thats the standard rule for us not getting tested. I am sure most people dont follow this. everyone lies about their quarantine. Unless they really get sick and have a small amount of suffering.

• thedkexperience

@timusbr said...

with all the press that comes from the PGA. you know they dont get into these issues. I dont believe that everyone on tour abides by the “rules”.

cmon close contact to someone who tests positive should require 14 days quarantine. Thats the standard rule for us not getting tested. I am sure most people dont follow this. everyone lies about their quarantine. Unless they really get sick and have a small amount of suffering.

Just so everyone is aware I live in New Jersey who has handled this virus about as well as possible in comparison to the rest of the US.

This past Friday I went to the Tropicana to do some gambling. While there was a 99.9% mask adoption rate (saw 1 person without one) there were still THOUSANDS of people walking past each other. There’s a 0% chance that everyone there, or even a small percentage of them, self imposed a quarantine afterwards.

And now please reconsider that NJ has done a mathematically better job than nearly anyone else. If we are the gold standard of covid related safety in the US then it’s mind blowing to think of how things are going in the states who aren’t following the guidelines.

Long story short, if you’re one of those wonderful folks who has stayed inside for 8 months, thank you for your service. But, as someone who has dipped their toes into the covid well recently, I can definitely say that most people are at best paying it lip service or at worst truly not bothering.

• jdtrey

The PGA guys getting infected are most likely in the camp of thinking they’re indestructible more so than anything else. Like some others have stated I can’t imagine they’re getting sick grocery shopping or anything simple like that.

I’m not trying to get too deep into Covid talk but saying NJ is the gold standard is beyond laughable. They were literally the 2nd biggest outbreak in the beginning and still had the 2nd most Covid related deaths up until about a week and a half ago. Where on earth did they (NJ) give you the idea they’ve done a better job than literally anyone else other than NY?!

• thedkexperience

@jdtrey said...

The PGA guys getting infected are most likely in the camp of thinking they’re indestructible more so than anything else. Like some others have stated I can’t imagine they’re getting sick grocery shopping or anything simple like that.

I’m not trying to get too deep into Covid talk but saying NJ is the gold standard is beyond laughable. They were literally the 2nd biggest outbreak in the beginning and still had the 2nd most Covid related deaths up until about a week and a half ago. Where on earth did they (NJ) give you the idea they’ve done a better job than literally anyone else other than NY?!

It was very, very bad in the spring. Since then our numbers plummeted way below the national average. We still have a lot of deaths but we also have 9 million people jammed into a state that is half the size of some counties out west.

For what it’s worth our case count was under 500 per day from June 1 to October 1. It’s back over 2000 now. We actually did really try. Unfortunately then schools opened back up.

Edit – in the spring it was common in NJ to have 200+ deaths a day. For most of the summer the deaths were less than 10 per day. It’s now creeping back to above 15. Still, in comparison to how it was in NJ, there is no comparison. There’s 90+% less deaths in this state per day than there were.

• jdtrey

I’m not by any means trying to argue semantics or anything with you – just seemed from the tone of your post that your (NJ) government might be being a little less than honest with its’ citizens on Covid considering NJ still has THE highest death rate in the nation by quite a bit.

~12 more deaths per 100k than NY (which is saying something) and about ~38 more deaths per 100k than Mass which is next highest.
    NY is pretty much still doubling every other states death numbers though which is astounding considering how high cases have climbed in some states.

Anyhoo .. I don’t want to mainly because of ownership but I know I’ll have to have at least 1 share of El Tigre this week.

• thedkexperience

@jdtrey said...

I’m not by any means trying to argue semantics or anything with you – just seemed from the tone of your post that your (NJ) government might be being a little less than honest with its’ citizens on Covid considering NJ still has THE highest death rate in the nation by quite a bit.

~12 more deaths per 100k than NY (which is saying something) and about ~38 more deaths per 100k than Mass which is next highest.
    NY is pretty much still doubling every other states death numbers though which is astounding considering how high cases have climbed in some states.

Anyhoo .. I don’t want to mainly because of ownership but I know I’ll have to have at least 1 share of El Tigre this week.

Haha … to clarify I probably should have said “the northeast” is doing better than most of the rest of the country. But yes, it’s all semantics.

Like you said … anyhoo … how about a share of Tiger?

I have to assume Tiger and Bryson would be the chalkiest of chalk. Now is it good chalk or bad chalk?

• whodat2

@jdtrey said...

The plus side of owning Tiger, is that you’ll get to see his every shot.

• wilsonda1

Anyone think Jazz can make the cut? $6.2K

“Starting in 2020, the new Masters cut rule means the top 50 players and ties make the cut. No longer will the 10-Shot Rule be in effect, meaning players within 10 shots of the lead after two rounds are not automatically through to the weekend.”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.