PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: November 12-15

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Tiger Woods (-13)

Last Year’s Cut: +3 (65 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kps3205s

@titanhawks said...

Anyone gonna take Beat the Forum this week?

BerkleyBoss has it this week the BeattheForum page.

• hbomb57

Anybody seen or heard from Superstars92? Think his Dk name was samdavis

• marker0357

@whodat2 said...

The plus side of owning Tiger, is that you’ll get to see his every shot.

no doubt about that though I’m not sure I can stomach the butt kissing. I’m kinda hoping that we’re Tiger-less after Friday.

• timusbr

@hbomb57 said...

Anybody seen or heard from Superstars92? Think his Dk name was samdavis

samydavisJr is kbarnhill
    superstars92 is superstars92

we heard from both a few months back, but they are around.

• jdtrey

@thedkexperience said...

I have to assume Tiger and Bryson would be the chalkiest of chalk. Now is it good chalk or bad chalk?

I’m not sure yet, probably bad, but I’ll be eating some of both either way haha (probably not more than ~20%)
    Bryson’s price just hurts.. and I can’t seem to get behind playing Phil or Bubba due to their prices but I’m strangely okay with that, am I making a mistake here?

• noddy

@jdtrey said...

I’m not sure yet, probably bad, but I’ll be eating some of both either way haha (probably not more than ~20%)
    Bryson’s price just hurts.. and I can’t seem to get behind playing Phil or Bubba due to their prices but I’m strangely okay with that, am I making a mistake here?

Who knows, but Bubba is playing well coming in and does pretty well here.

• Kingspark35

@whodat2 said...

The minus side of owning Tiger, is that you’ll get to see his every shot.

These days, Tiger is just another variable in the equation.

In normal times, I have always considered The Masters as a sign that summer is coming.

Maybe they could rename some of the holes.

Azalea – Helleborus niger

White dogwood – Witch-hazel

Carolina Cherry – Winter Heath

Firethorn – Algerian Iris

This is just a bit of fun guys.

My lineups are moving like Eric Liddell.

• lfn1992

@whodat2 said...

On Thursday at Friday, at least.

• BIF

@mogan11 said...

I wonder if Sergio was talking about himself earlier in the season when he said “others deserve to get it more than nick watney.”

😂

I was thinking the same thing

• BIF

@Jeddy3 said...

Not sure how I feel about the cut change? It’s no longer within 10 strokes, so it isn’t going to feel like a no cut event now.

The 10 shot rule did not trigger very often as someone or a couple guys usually were a couple shots up on the rest of the field.

This cut line change is a non-story for the most part

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

With the Masters App, I can watch every shot from Larry Mize if I want…..all 167 of them 😂

Every Player….Every Shot

• BrianVT

@BIF said...

Every Player….Every Shot

I think you can even make your own featured group and just let it go, right?

• shadowchap1978

Question for the heavy hitters playing higher stakes…would you play in the 100 dollar single entry or the 150 3 max or the 200 single entry?? I’m leaning toward the 100 right now with the flatter payout.

• MACKTYSON

@shadowchap1978 said...

Question for the heavy hitters playing higher stakes…would you play in the 100 dollar single entry or the 150 3 max or the 200 single entry?? I’m leaning toward the 100 right now with the flatter payout.

I’m playing the $100 SE over the $200 SE for the flatter payout. Haven’t thought about the $150 3 max.

• thedkexperience

I’m no heavy hitter but I’d choose single entry over multiple entry every time.

• BIF

@BIF said...

The 10 shot rule did not trigger very often as someone or a couple guys usually were a couple shots up on the rest of the field.

This cut line change is a non-story for the most part

More on this, until 2012 the cut line was Top 44 & Ties and anyone within 10 shots so it triggered a fair bit more back then.

It did trigger last year (2019) as nobody pulled away after 36 holes:
    1st round leaders were -6 and 10 players shot -3 or better but nobody was able to get it to better than -7 after 36 holes so 65 players made the cut thanks to the (now former) 10 shot rule which was the most players ever since the cut was was first put in back in 1957.

Prior to the 65 making the cut in 2019, the previous four years had 53 (in 2018), 53, 57 and 55 back in 2015.

• MACKTYSON

Who’s fading Bryson?

• BIF

@shadowchap1978 said...

Playing the bigger $200 SE as I like the idea of $100K to 1st to go with the Million I’m also winning…..

• ifthethunder

@MACKTYSON said...

Who’s fading Bryson?

Not me. I don’t know how many lineups I’ll have him in, but it won’t be zero. Or just one.

Tiger, otoh? I’m making more lineups than I’m used to, so I will put him in one. Along with whatever other big salary guy I don’t feel like playing.
    ~

• BIF

@MACKTYSON said...

Who’s fading Bryson?

Probably 70-72% of the field

At his price and with the good job DK did pricing people, I can’t see more than 30% owning Bryson especially with DJ and Koepka being cheaper and playing well coming in along with the usual ownership that Rahm, JT, Xander and Rory will pull. Tough to play 2 guys at the top and really feel good about your lineup having 6 guys crack the Top 15 and not having a first timer or a fringe-top 50 player screw up your 6/6.

• BIF

I haven’t stored and kept track of the Milly ownership for the past few years but I still had the 2015 data on hand and it was funny……you will see that for the most part with top heavy pricing, people have to spread the ownership around other than a couple guys who were deemed great value/underpriced.

Jimmy Walker was top guy at 36%
    Spieth (who won) was 30%
    JB Holmes was also 30%
    Then a big drop to 20-21% where JDay, DJ, Palmer and Bubba all sat within 1-2% of each other.

Rounding out the Top 15 owned:
    Na 18%
    Westwood 17
    Reed 16
    Henley 15
    Casey 14
    Keegan 13
    Hideki 13
    Kooch/Stenson/ZJ all at 12%

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@BIF said...

Probably 70-72% of the field

At his price and with the good job DK did pricing people, I can’t see more than 30% owning Bryson especially with DJ and Koepka being cheaper and playing well coming in along with the usual ownership that Rahm, JT, Xander and Rory will pull. Tough to play 2 guys at the top and really feel good about your lineup having 6 guys crack the Top 15 and not having a first timer or a fringe-top 50 player screw up your 6/6.

Early projections have him at 9%. This is outrageous. I was prepared to go 100% if he was 20% or higher. Now I can go 50%.

I love the 6700-7900 range. There’s so many good golfers for this course. I’m so excited to build lineups this week!!!

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

@BIF said...

Playing the bigger $200 SE as I like the idea of $100K to 1st to go with the Million I’m also winning…..

Also playing the $200 out of this group. I think it’s the best bang for your buck for sure.

• BIF

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Early projections have him at 9%. This is outrageous. I was prepared to go 100% if he was 20% or higher. Now I can go 50%.

I love the 6700-7900 range. There’s so many good golfers for this course. I’m so excited to build lineups this week!!!

I could see double that by Thursday but enough people hate Bryson and love DJ/Koepka/Rory enough to fade Bryson as well.

I’d be shocked if he was under 15 but maybe it’s possible as pricing makes it tough if you want to jam in all of your predicted Top 3 finish guys unless you are going off the board with someone in the mid 7’s or lower.

I really think Bryson if he is on can win by 5 (ceiling) but he could also finish 35th – that floor is what holds me back from going way over the field.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

@BIF said...

I could see double that by Thursday but enough people hate Bryson and love DJ/Koepka/Rory enough to fade Bryson as well.

I’d be shocked if he was under 15 but maybe it’s possible as pricing makes it tough if you want to jam in all of your predicted Top 3 finish guys unless you are going off the board with someone in the mid 7’s or lower.

I’m contemplating just locking Bryson and DJ and building 150 lineups.

Last year the winner of the MM didn’t even have Tiger! Don’t think you need top 3 if 6/6 is super high and you have a lot of guys T2 and T5 and such.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.