PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrBreeze

YAY MASTERS!

• Wander_Bread

Going to be in Mexico until Friday on vacation so I may be SOL for lineups.

I leave Saturday… if I reserve entries but am unable to make dummy lineups because salaries aren’t out yet, would I be able to lock in lineups from Mexico later in the week once salaries are out if the entries are already paid for? Or would I need to have the lineups locked in to be able to change them outside of the country?

• BIF

Salaries are out

• BIF

@Wander_Bread said...

Going to be in Mexico until Friday on vacation so I may be SOL for lineups.

I leave Saturday… if I reserve entries but am unable to make dummy lineups because salaries aren’t out yet, would I be able to lock in lineups from Mexico later in the week once salaries are out if the entries are already paid for? Or would I need to have the lineups locked in to be able to change them outside of the country?

You need to have a dummy lineup in then you can change it from down there – well that was how it worked pre-Covid when I could travel.

Salaries out now so you should be ok

• Wander_Bread

@BIF said...

You need to have a dummy lineup in then you can change it from down there – well that was how it worked pre-Covid when I could travel.

Salaries out now so you should be ok

Ah didn’t know that but thank you. That’s fantastic so I can have all my entries in and dummy lineups set before I leave on Saturday. Thanks BIF

• Getty33

Fred Couples who last won a PGA Tour event in 2003 is priced higher than Robert Streb who was a winner the last time he was in Georgia (2020 RSM @ Sea Pines)
    Robert Streb =

• kps3205s

ICYMI…an interesting fantasy game from the Masters

https://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2021-03-25/2021-03-24_how_to_play_the_masters_tournament_fantasy_game.html

• MACKTYSON

I’m going to leave about 5K on the table with a lot of my lineups.

• Herf

There will be PLENTY of beat the forum contests up for this tourney!

What is the $ amount per contest that people like to see the most? $50, $20, $10, $5, $3, $2? Or just go with a mix of all of the above?

• winnerchickendinner

Feel kind of uneasy about the form everyone is coming into this one. Sure there’s a edge, although you need the luck of chance. Scramblers and putters seem to be coming in the best.

• BIF

@Herf said...

What is the $ amount per contest that people like to see the most? $50, $20, $10, $5, $3, $2? Or just go with a mix of all of the above?

I think a mix – when it was my turn I think I needed to add more $1 and $3 entries at least once as they got grabbed up. I’d put up 10 each of the $1/2/3 then 5 of the $5/$10 and then just 2-3 of the bigger $20/$50 then check it after a couple days and you’ll see what is getting grabbed up

If nobody grabs it, it’ll get refunded to you – just make sure you create/add the contests while in our RG league and not the public DK H2H lobby

• kps3205s

@Herf said...

I suggest mixing it up with a little of each with maybe a few more of the $3-$10 range and let the high rollers whine to you if they didn’t have a chance to grab one of your volunteers.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Ryan Palmer at $6500 is a crime

• mh8235

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Ryan Palmer at $6500 is a crime

Always does his best damage at high ownership too…going to be a frustrating decision to make

• cwlee

Zach Johnson at $6300 is interesting. Phil at $6600 as well. Cink at $6100 maybe. And to see Stenson at $6100 is crazy…his game has gone full Ian Baker Finch.

• kdsdawg

Bernhard Langer at $6100 is interesting.
    #2 in money on the Champions Tour
    Last eight years he has missed cut twice and his finishes starting with most recent
    29th,62nd,38th,24th,MC, 24th,MC,8th,25th
    not bad

• Getty33

Langer made a deal with this guy a very long time ago

• BIF

@kdsdawg said...

Bernhard Langer at $6100 is interesting.
    #2 in money on the Champions Tour
    Last eight years he has missed cut twice and his finishes starting with most recent
    29th,62nd,38th,24th,MC, 24th,MC,8th,25th
    not bad

Watched an interview with him about last years Masters and he talked about how it’s just too long for him now – I know he has had good finishes in that period you mention but he said even though it’s only 7350-7400, it plays longer as every fairway is cut back at the player (into the grain/growth) so it limits roll out off the tee.

Said he hit a few 3W’s into par 4’s along with a lot of hybrids. Also said he can’t get to any of the Par 5’s in two anymore so has to rely on his wedge to make birdies on those.

Langer said he played with Rory one day and Bryson the other over the last 2 rounds – he then laughed at what club he was hitting into greens compared to them and also said that he was not even trying to hit some greens but instead miss them where he had a chance to chip and putt for a par save. Then laughed and said he “made a lot of pars “ this past year.

I wouldn’t bet against him making the cut especially in what looks only like an 88-89 player field barring no Covid WDs but his upside is more and more limited with each passing year and with the mega-sized GPPs, I can’t really see him being on an winning lineup because while he gives you salary saving, he isn’t going to make enough birds. Even if he finished 29th again, he probably finishes 38-40th in FP with so few birds and likely no streaks.

• darickc

BIF, who are you liking in the $6,000 range? I really like Conners at $6,900 but he’ll most likely be highly owned

• BIF

@darickc said...

BIF, who are you liking in the $6,000 range? I really like Conners at $6,900 but he’ll most likely be highly owned

Cink is very tempting at $6100 with 12/18 made cuts at The Masters and even more appealing is that in the 12 made cuts, 11 of them are T28 or better with a lot of finishes in the Teens and a couple top 10’s including a 3rd.

Zach Johnson, Mac Hughes and Schwartzel are $6300 and all playable

I like C-Bez as well plus the 2 lefties Bobby Mac and Harman – there is a lot to like overall in the 6000’s this year

• darickc

Thanks BIF. I was watching a podcast earlier and they mentioned this is a lefty course. I believe Bubba Watson has done well here in the past. I can’t play him though

• BlueEdwards

Casey is gonna be massive chalk at $7700. Do I eat it?

• kps3205s

Interesting things Jeff Sobel said on Sirius XM on the Inside the Ropes show Thursday with Gary Williams…Over the last 10 years there has been 112 players that ended up in the top 10. 31% of them had triple digit betting odds to win.

He also said over the last 10 years there have been 13 favorites or co favorites to win the Masters, betting odds I am assuming, and none of them ended up winning. Thought DJ was in 2020 but it was actually Bryson.

• BlueEdwards

@kps3205s said...

Interesting things Jeff Sobel said on Sirius XM on the Inside the Ropes show Thursday with Gary Williams…Over the last 10 years there has been 112 players that ended up in the top 10. 31% of them had triple digit betting odds to win.

He also said over the last 10 years there have been 13 favorites or co favorites to win the Masters, betting odds I am assuming, and none of them ended up winning. Thought DJ was in 2020 but it was actually Bryson.

All things point to CT pan.

• mitchsnyderdfw

For anyone here that doesn’t follow Ben Coley and has migrated over to this thread after the horrible picks from San Antonio. Here is Ben’s breakdown of the Masters field. Pretty funny read.

https://twitter.com/bencoleygolf/status/1378242765839028225?s=21

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).