PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mgravity

@titanhawks said...

DeCham working on a 4.5 degree driver

Worms will have to duck lol

-1.5 next ?

• titanhawks

@mgravity said...

I remember my LU with Danny Willett back 2016 won some money and never played him again.

Willett was also coming off the birth of his first child

• titanhawks

@mgravity said...

-1.5 next ?

Gonna need a taller tee

• mitchsnyderdfw

@titanhawks said...

DeCham working on a 4.5 degree driver

Worms will have to duck lol

I hope he tops one again like at The Players

• titanhawks

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I hope he tops one again like at The Players

Lower loft equates to wider slices/fades

you better hit it in the screws :)

• mitchsnyderdfw

Here is a link that is similar to the Google doc. for those that might need it.

https://twitter.com/glzisk/status/1379612582944894979?s=21

• mitchsnyderdfw

@titanhawks said...

Lower loft equates to wider slices/fades

you better hit it in the screws :)

Golf Channel had a piece yesterday about the machining process for the new face of his driver. The old driver is machined in the sweet spot area, while the new driver has the machined grooves all the way out to the toe. This will allow the club to compress and grab the ball to keep the errant shots to a minimum.

I think he is going to drive it a ton and probably hit it further than we have seen yet. But I’m not picking him due to his short game.

• lfn1992

@mgravity said...

I remember my LU with Danny Willett back 2016 won some money and never played him again.

I play Danny Willett regularly, though in my defense I am a degen who actually follows EURO golf, so

• miggs6876

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Golf Channel had a piece yesterday about the machining process for the new face of his driver. The old driver is machined in the sweet spot area, while the new driver has the machined grooves all the way out to the toe. This will allow the club to compress and grab the ball to keep the errant shots to a minimum.

I think he is going to drive it a ton and probably hit it further than we have seen yet. But I’m not picking him due to his short game.

Isn’t his short game pretty good too?

• BlueEdwards

Anyone have ownership on brooksie?

• NDNole

Spieth just flakes out too much for my liking. Hard pass. But it wouldnt surprise me if he won it or finished high either.

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Spieth just flakes out too much for my liking. Hard pass. But it wouldnt surprise me if he won it or finished high either.

Not sure what you mean by “flakes out” but Tiger-aside, Spieth record at Augusta is amazing as his ability to close out golf tournies when he has had the lead or a share heading into the final round. His first 5 trips to Augusta were 2nd, Win, 2nd, 11th and 3rd in 2018 before losing himself for 2+ years. If he is really back, he should be a near lock for a Top 5 as his knowledge of the golf course along with his short game and creativity are worth at least half a shot a round.

I can’t go 100% on anyone as I have too much cash on the line but I’ll be somewhere around 50-65% on him to ensure I’m 50-100% over the field. He is priced like he had 2 good tournies and has good history here but in reality, he’s had 5-6 good tournaments in recent weeks and has possibly the best Augusta course history in the field.

• cplatt87

Working tomorrow night so got my lineups locked and loaded. Really curious to see how the guys like Sungjae and Fritelli who popped in November do in a “traditional” masters. I mostly discounted the November event in my research.

Winner: Bryson

Fade: Spieth and Berger

Sleeper: Zalatoris

• qatman

Oh, the Masters. Maybe you’ll bring some respite to the disaster that is DFS 2021.

Firstly, I’m off Spieth. He may pull off his typical super luckbox shtick, but I want to see some driving first at that price. I am glad he will be super highly owned because I would not play him at that price.

I decided to go with Rory up top just for the discount. After much deliberation I decided to pair him with BDC, who I just can’t quit. GPP only so it’s worth a gamble, but he could conceivably bum rush this thing. I did consider JT as a high priced alternative.

The last spot is actually still undecided for 6600. I am leaning toward Willett but am also considering Macintyre… not sure I want to take a rookie, and at 6600 I am mostly looking for a top 30-40 preferring safety over upside.

For OAD, my mush is Webb Simpson.

• hautalak

Sports world is so busy right now, I’ve kind of neglected my Masters stuff. No different than any other tournament (kidding) so what’s there to it?

I haven’t decided on things yet but I’ll be above on Spieth. I think one of the big things I’m wondering is how the guys who finished better than expected last fall (more specifically Im) will finish? I do think there were some flukes on the leaderboard.

Lastly on the topic of Bryson DK has that promo for him to make the cut for a $5 ticket (if you entered the mili on Monday) and I missed it. I was originally upset until I saw today’s promo (enter 3 for a $10 ticket) which works better for me since I had 3 tickets anyway. As far as his performance, I’m hoping it goes about as well as last time. He is really not a likable guy.

• ifthethunder

I’ve been parceling out my tickets to take advantage of these:

ENTER 3+ LINEUPS INTO THE $4M FANTASY GOLF MILLIONAIRE ON WEDNESDAY BEFORE 8:00PM ET.

If you enter 3+ lineups before 8:00PM ET, you get a $10 Contest Ticket.
    ===========================

Though I’m still using the default lineup because I haven’t gotten around to making real ones yet. I assume that’s ok…
    ~

• MrBreeze

Entered 99 line ups in the .50 mini max, just couldn’t resist with that 10K first place, weeee lotto

• kdsdawg

@qatman said...

ull off his typical super luckbox shtick

Is it really luck when he does it over and over again

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BlueEdwards said...

Anyone have ownership on brooksie?

Looks like 11-12%

• winnerchickendinner

@miggs6876 said...

Isn’t his short game pretty good too?

Yeah fantasynational has his putting game setting up pretty good for this course in terms of bent grass and green speed. ARG maybe.

• BigRay

@ifthethunder said...

I’ve been parceling out my tickets to take advantage of these:

ENTER 3+ LINEUPS INTO THE $4M FANTASY GOLF MILLIONAIRE ON WEDNESDAY BEFORE 8:00PM ET.

If you enter 3+ lineups before 8:00PM ET, you get a $10 Contest Ticket.
    =======================

Though I’m still using the default lineup because I haven’t gotten around to making real ones yet. I assume that’s ok…
    ~

I normally wouldn’t buy any entries. I had 2 tix for the first 2 days but with all the immense MLB overlay from last night I am in. Up to five entries now, in a poorly built contest for a chance at $1 million.

• monarch

@lfn1992 said...

I play Danny Willett regularly, though in my defense I am a degen who actually follows EURO golf, so

The English are coming!

Our lineups will be correlated. I am hammering European players minus Poulter who I know already comes populated into your DK lineups.

I like the way they are all trending and have been in the states awhile now gearing up their calendar for this event. Firm, fast, arg give me these guys over chalk Corey Conn(er)s who popped on a much, much different Augusta five months ago.

• Straightfire118

Wow only 10 pages so far on Masters week. Shows how irrelevant this site has become.

• monarch

@Straightfire118 said...

Wow only 10 pages so far on Masters week. Shows how irrelevant this site has become.

Solid post. I will add that to my custom model

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@BIF said...

I can’t go 100% on anyone as I have too much cash on the line but I’ll be somewhere around 50-65% on him to ensure I’m 50-100% over the field. He is priced like he had 2 good tournies and has good history here but in reality, he’s had 5-6 good tournaments in recent weeks and has possibly the best Augusta course history in the field.

Yeeeeeeeees. I’m hoping high ownership projections keep him down. I’m planning on 50-60%.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).