PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BrianVT

Another small field Major where one golfer is the clear lock/chalk, and you’re trying to beat 10s of Ks of other lineups with people thinking the same thing. I seem to have seen this disaster unfold before. Isn’t it much easier and fun to watch and root for that to fail, than to have all your chips riding on it? I’ll keep my cheering to a minimum for your guys’ sake, but count me out of that. Very much looking forward to the tournament, though. Going for moderate aggregate ownership and avoiding the chalk failures.

• marker0357

anyone playing Leftie?

• BIF

Hard for me to play Brooks when I see this – obviously there is discomfort if you can’t bend it with some weight/stress on it

https://twitter.com/golfdigest/status/1379523195842224131?s=21

• BrianVT

@BIF said...

Hard for me to play Brooks when I see this – obviously there is discomfort if you can’t bend it with some weight/stress on it

https://twitter.com/golfdigest/status/1379523195842224131?s=21

Also looks like he might re-injure that left knee after a couple rounds of that.

• osuryanf

Did a 7 leg parlay last night that hit the first 6 legs (MLB and NBA games)….. with only DJ to win to close it out

$5 to win $1750

Pretty cool since $5 on DJ would only win $45ish on a straight bet… but due to hitting all legs of my parlay I got him to win $1750 (+950 compared to +34,000.. I like!)

With that said.. Any advice on how to hedge it a little? Maybe wait until after Day 1 or Day 2 and bet on some others?

Basically I really need DJ to be in contention (at least top 10 ish) before I should probably hedge it….. but if he is, what advice do you all have on hedging it?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@marker0357 said...

anyone playing Leftie?

Which one?

• RudyPujols

@osuryanf said...

Did a 7 leg parlay last night that hit the first 6 legs (MLB and NBA games)….. with only DJ to win to close it out

$5 to win $1750

Pretty cool since $5 on DJ would only win $45ish on a straight bet… but due to hitting all legs of my parlay I got him to win $1750 (+950 compared to +34,000.. I like!)

With that said.. Any advice on how to hedge it a little? Maybe wait until after Day 1 or Day 2 and bet on some others?

Basically I really need DJ to be in contention (at least top 10 ish) before I should probably hedge it….. but if he is, what advice do you all have on hedging it?

I can’t conceive of any way to hedge that until well into the weekend. And, as you said, it’s only really “hedge-able” if DJ is in serious contention. Even if DJ is in contention, it’s probably going to be a tough hedge since there are usually a half dozen guys in contention and there are a few blow up holes on the back 9. Probably a Sunday live bet situation unless DJ and a couple other guys separate from the pack Saturday. Nice job on the 6 legs, though, by my math they must have averaged about -120 so its not like you just picked a bunch of super firm favorites. Well done.

• RudyPujols

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Which one?

I’ll have some Bubba and a sprinkling of Bob, definitely no Phil or Mike.

• Turnabuck

Anyone on ZJ this week?

• lfn1992

My problem isn’t Broosky making the cut – it’s whether he will be able to keep it up for 4 straight days. He might be the perfect Round 1 Showdown candidate.

• NDNole

@BIF said...

Not sure what you mean by “flakes out” but Tiger-aside, Spieth record at Augusta is amazing as his ability to close out golf tournies when he has had the lead or a share heading into the final round. His first 5 trips to Augusta were 2nd, Win, 2nd, 11th and 3rd in 2018 before losing himself for 2+ years. If he is really back, he should be a near lock for a Top 5 as his knowledge of the golf course along with his short game and creativity are worth at least half a shot a round.

I can’t go 100% on anyone as I have too much cash on the line but I’ll be somewhere around 50-65% on him to ensure I’m 50-100% over the field. He is priced like he had 2 good tournies and has good history here but in reality, he’s had 5-6 good tournaments in recent weeks and has possibly the best Augusta course history in the field.

Im startingto think im going to have a bad week lol. I am opposite of a lot of people.

• byo34

So we only got 9 contests for Beat the forum on Masters week?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@RudyPujols said...

I’ll have some Bubba and a sprinkling of Bob, definitely no Phil or Mike.

No Harman? With the course playing firm and fast, I can’t help but play a little Phil.

Bob is out for me.

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Im startingto think im going to have a bad week lol. I am opposite of a lot of people.

Not necessarily, fading the chalk works as often as eating the chalk – I just didn’t understand the flakes out comment and I’m looking for a reason to not play Spieth or at least manage my high ownership. He looks locked in and got the monkey off his back last week (which can also work against him as the pressure is off him to keep grinding) and he is back in his playground with confidence here that he hasn’t had since April 2017 or 2018. I get his driver can be a bit wonky at times but this is a course where you can get away with that on many holes and if it is dry and firm, he can probably hit his drawing 3W on many holes out far enough to good positions.

• Getty33

The “I didn’t know that” stat of the week. Matchplay champion Billy Horschel has 28 majors under his belt and has finished outside the top 10 in 27 of them with 10 missed cuts. Not good for a good player.

• BIF

@marker0357 said...

anyone playing Leftie?

I’m playing 40ish lineups and I’ll have a couple Phil punts for sure

• BIF

@Getty33 said...

The “I didn’t know that” stat of the week. Matchplay champion Billy Horschel has 28 majors under his belt and has finished outside the top 10 in 27 of them with 10 missed cuts. Not good for a good player.

Yah you’d think he would fit Augusta better than his results have shown

4/6 made cuts here and best finish is T17; on the bright side, he has made his last 2 cuts here

• osuryanf

@RudyPujols said...

I can’t conceive of any way to hedge that until well into the weekend. And, as you said, it’s only really “hedge-able” if DJ is in serious contention. Even if DJ is in contention, it’s probably going to be a tough hedge since there are usually a half dozen guys in contention and there are a few blow up holes on the back 9. Probably a Sunday live bet situation unless DJ and a couple other guys separate from the pack Saturday. Nice job on the 6 legs, though, by my math they must have averaged about -120 so its not like you just picked a bunch of super firm favorites. Well done.

Thanks man.. and yeah most were around that range.. Reds/Dodgers/Yankees/Diamondbacks to win….. Atlanta Hawks -2.5 and Golden State +2.5

Diamondbacks had me scared after giving up a homerun in the bottom of 9th to send it to extras… but luckily they were able to pull it out..

I mainly do Round Robins and just wanted to do a $5 parlay for something fun to follow all evening and just got lucky..

but yeah I agree, looks like there’s no hedging unless DJ is in contention well into the weekend. I’ve been doing research and out of the last 5 Masters the eventual winner was the following after Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3

Day 1: 1st, 11th, 10th, 4th, 10th
    Day 2: 1st, 6th, 1st, 1st, 8th
    Day 3: 1st, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 5th

So, assuming (and hoping) DJ is in contention I should have a decent feel as to exactly how many players to target and at what price to hedge and hopefully lock in at least $1k profit.

• ifthethunder

@BigRay said...

I normally wouldn’t buy any entries. I had 2 tix for the first 2 days but with all the immense MLB overlay from last night I am in. Up to five entries now, in a poorly built contest for a chance at $1 million.

Toronto 4 Texas 7 and I managed to pick 3 Blue Jays who went 0 for 4. Wasted great starts from the aces I paid up for.
    ~

• marker0357

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Which one?

Phil. I already have some Bubba and even some Harman.

• hbomb57

@BrianVT said...

Also looks like he might re-injure that left knee after a couple rounds of that.

Brooksy must be watching 2008 US Open highlights nightly for inspiration.

• RudyPujols

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

No Harman? With the course playing firm and fast, I can’t help but play a little Phil.

Bob is out for me.

I knew I was forgetting at least one lefty, sacrilege for me to leave out harman being a 5”9 lefty myself. He’s probably a much better play than Bob, but I’m only sprinkling in Bob in the big $0.25.

• BigRay

@ifthethunder said...

oronto 4 Texas 7 and I managed to pick 3 Blue Jays who went 0 for 4. Wasted great starts from the aces I paid up for.

I had 4 Braves and none hit a HR…blah….to keep this in the forum

Winner: JT

Fade: Brooksy and DJ

Sleeper: C. Smith if he is not a sleeper then give me CT Pan

• RudyPujols

@BigRay said...

with all the immense MLB overlay from last night I am in.

Amen. Had a good night in MLB, too, and didn’t even know about the overlay until after lock. I’d been playing the single entry, 47 person $0.25 satties and peppering the 2nds and 3rds and finally broke through nicely in the SF/SD game late last night with some tix. Crashed before it ended and woke up to some pleasant DK notices. Thank you, Keona Kela. I was prepared to sit out the $10 and just do Mayo, SE, and the big chump change arcades.

• BlueEdwards

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Looks like 11-12%

Thanks. That’s worth a shot for me in GPP. IMO, he’ll either WD/MC or top 5.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).