PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ifthethunder

Justin Rose has an amazing Masters record, but I guess he forgot how to play golf or something?

P.S. Never mind, I see it’s his back. But if his back is back, maybe he’s back? I can afford to throw him in one of 20, anywho.
    ~

• qatman

I guess with Spieth I am looking at it as a single entry in GPPs. He is clearly going to be very popular, maybe the most popular. And I think there is a better chance he has a meh or worse tournament (say >30th) than there is that he finishes top 5. If you’re convinced that he is back and will crush, then obviously you’d overweight (or play in single entry). But I am contrarian by nature, and am also not a huge believer in the persistence of long-range putting and what I perceive as good luck. If he top 5s, oh well, on to the next.

I have nothing against the guy personally and it’s fun to watch the high-wire act. Sort of like Bryson or Phil or John Daly in a different way… much more entertaining than watching someone hit it 270 down the middle and see who makes the most 25 footers.

• NDNole

@BIF said...

Not necessarily, fading the chalk works as often as eating the chalk – I just didn’t understand the flakes out comment and I’m looking for a reason to not play Spieth or at least manage my high ownership. He looks locked in and got the monkey off his back last week (which can also work against him as the pressure is off him to keep grinding) and he is back in his playground with confidence here that he hasn’t had since April 2017 or 2018. I get his driver can be a bit wonky at times but this is a course where you can get away with that on many holes and if it is dry and firm, he can probably hit his drawing 3W on many holes out far enough to good positions.

I dont disagree. He has what it takes and has already proven it here. Im still on the fence with his mettle even though it appears he is rounding the corner on those issues where he lost it for a while. I will probably be late to the spieth train. If he wins it well im willing to risk that because im fading. Perhaps I have some recent bias where I recall him just plain sucking.

• timusbr

Happy Meal is at 125/150

We Need your $1
    https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/105771912

• winnerchickendinner

Looking at the weather and there’s a chance of half inch of rain (from wunderground ) and going up to a bit over fifty percent now on Friday and Saturday.
    Guess prepare for it to play a little softer then

• carolinacrusher

@BIF said...

https://twitter.com/golfdigest/status/1379523195842224131?s=21

I’m off of him now. I was right at the projected ownership, but there is no advantage to be gained by that, so I might as well fade. He may be able to pull off what Finua did a couple years ago after separating his ankle, good for him if he does.

• Getty33

@qatman said...

much more entertaining than watching someone hit it 270 down the middle and see who makes the most 25 footers

That message you just got on Twitter was Zach Johnson unfriending you.

Serious question for anyone willing to answer:
    If I forced you to start a lineup with either Adam Scott ($7600) or Jason Day ($7500) who would you choose?

• Highandinside

@Turnabuck said...

Anyone on ZJ this week?

I like ZJ been playing well and decently priced.

• ifthethunder

@Getty33 said...

If I forced you to start a lineup with either Adam Scott ($7600) or Jason Day ($7500) who would you choose?

Yes.

P.S. I also like Abraham Ancer (7,400) and Shrek (7,500).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CASFiRVnPXe/
    ~

• lfn1992

@Getty33 said...

Scott 100%

• hbomb57

@Highandinside said...

He will most likely make the cut but if the course is receptive to low scores he is not your man to win you a gpp considering he won in 2007 with a +1 score. I think I was bitching one year about him and BIF explained it to me that way. Then again it may have been Fitz he was talking about. At 64, my mind is not always there sometimes.

• Getty33

@ifthethunder said...

Yes.

P.S. I also like Abraham Ancer (7,400) and Shrek (7,500).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CASFiRVnPXe/
    ~

That photoshop of a 75 year old Fleetwood is priceless!

Looie Ooo is my kryptonite and I tend to play way too much Ancer because he’s the most interesting man in the world. I’ll fade him this week because…well just because.

• timusbr

@Getty33 said...

Hands down
    IMHO and proof is in my minimax Jason Day
    I am expecting some contention for first and top 10 finish

• timusbr

DK changed my look at the snake draft. I hate it. It could be because I am an old crumudgeon and I hate change. I highly suspect it makes it easier for you phone app people.

• cplatt87

@Getty33 said...

Day is in my player pool and Scott is not, so I’d go with Day. I’m playing him mostly as ownership leverage as I feel he’s going to be underowned based on who he’s priced around.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Getty33 said...

With a gun to my head I would say Scott. I did see that Day was there on Saturday already practicing though.

They both seem to be drawing about the same ownership from the projections I am seeing – 10-12%

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Highandinside said...

Yeah, except for that missed cut last week

• Logan7777

@Getty33 said...

I have neither in my player pool, but if you forced me it would be Scott. He hasn’t had a MC this year while Day has 2. Both have only 1 top 10. Both have been playing meh so far this year. Others have mentioned other names in that price range that I think would do better.

• JH822547

I’ve got a ton of Day, my man on the course says he’s been practicing putting.

• Straightfire118

Spieths driving is atrocious, I will happily fade the highest owned player this week.

• carolinacrusher

@Straightfire118 said...

Spieths driving is atrocious, I will happily fade the highest owned player this week.

He’s actually gained strokes off the tee in 4 of his last 5 measured events

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@carolinacrusher said...

He’s actually gained strokes off the tee in 4 of his last 5 measured events

Shhhhhhhhh

• TrustinthePlan

@ifthethunder said...

Justin Rose has an amazing Masters record, but I guess he forgot how to play golf or something?

P.S. Never mind, I see it’s his back. But if his back is back, maybe he’s back? I can afford to throw him in one of 20, anywho.
    ~

Rose is probably my toughest call this week. If the greens stay firm, he likes it here when they are firm and fast. If the rain gets the better of the greens I don’t see him cracking top 30 if he makes the cut. Add in the issues with his back and limited play, it gets even more tricky.

As far as Speith goes, I will be on him about 40-50%. My concerns with him are his driving and the high draw. 3 of the 4 Par 5s, you don’t want to miss it right otherwise you will be in the trees with a punch out or a blocked angle. He missed it right a little more often than I am comfortable with last week. The other thing is the high draw. He didn’t have to hit many last week but when he did, he didn’t do well. He either overcooked it or hung it out. Maybe he gets this figured out as it could be a quick fix, but the “scoring” shots on this course are mainly draws or shots where you can’t miss right and that will keep me from going over 50% on him.

• noddy

@JH822547 said...

I’ve got a ton of Day, my man on the course says he’s been practicing putting.

Well he better be.

• lfn1992

A big question I have is whether Spieth and Moli won’t simply melt down again if they are presented again with chances to win

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).