PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• JH822547

I don’t understand this fascination with forcing $1m to first contests but they clearly think it works for them, I’m done moaning about it.

• winnerchickendinner

Greens still expecting to be fast just not lightning? That and more emphasis on Driving Distance main defenses?

• MrBreeze

@lfn1992 said...

The Masters Milly prize payouts are a joke, right?

Pretty much. i was looking last night trying to figure out bankroll management. Was thinking 40 entries in the $10, but started looking and thought a single $33 Dogleg, plus 5-7 $44 Twirl entries might make more sense. IDK, the big prizes are hard not to go for, even though it’s a sucker bet. I’ll figure it out by tomorrow night.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Listening to some of the pods this morning, while I will be on Spieth to some extent. He is still missing right on his driver and isn’t really playing the draw with confidence. He’s going to need to work the ball right to left to have any chance at Augusta.

• mookie336

Cabrera out apparently. “Cabrera is eligible to participate in the Masters as a former champion, but he is in no position to play, as he is currently being held in a Brazilian federal prison awaiting extradition to his home country of Argentina.”

• depalma13

Last 23 winners all made the cut the previous year.

• noddy

@JH822547 said...

I don’t understand this fascination with forcing $1m to first contests but they clearly think it works for them, I’m done moaning about it.

Most people want a chance to win a million bucks. They don’t care about min cashing

• kdsdawg

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Listening to some of the pods this morning, while I will be on Spieth to some extent. He is still missing right on his driver and isn’t really playing the draw with confidence. He’s going to need to work the ball right to left to have any chance at Augusta.

Augusta isn’t a draw course, it is a fade course

• depalma13

@JH822547 said...

Where else besides horse racing can you use your skill, invest so little and get a chance to end the day a millionaire?

• BrianVT

@kdsdawg said...

11 of 18 holes have right to left shot shape preference. That would be a fade, yes, for lefties.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BrianVT said...

11 of 18 holes have right to left shot shape preference. That would be a fade, yes, for lefties.

I would also add holes 2 & 5 as holes that are better suited for a right to left tee shot.

• lexmarke238

@mookie336 said...

Cabrera out apparently. “Cabrera is eligible to participate in the Masters as a former champion, but he is in no position to play, as he is currently being held in a Brazilian federal prison awaiting extradition to his home country of Argentina.”

Too bad, I read the whole story and I hope the right people can help him.

• hbomb57

It is not a fade course but one player could and did conquer it as a fade player, Jack who of course won 6 times. While another great fade could not and hated Augusta.

“Don’t talk to me about the Masters. I’m never going to play there again. They can invite me all they want, but I’m not going back. It’s just not my type of course.” Trevino said that he felt uncomfortable with the atmosphere at Augusta National and that he disliked the course because his style of play, where he liked to fade low shots left to right, was not suited to the course

• byo34

Sergio to break his major slump and finish with a top 10 is my “bold” take for the week!

• BIF

@kdsdawg said...

Wrong – the shot preference is high, long and right to left – it’s easier to hit it high with a fade than high with a draw which is why Lefties (Phil, Bubba and to some extent Mike Weir) have had success as their high fade (right to left) is a more preferred ball flight on some key scoring holes including 2 and 13

Nicklaus hit it high and further than almost everyone in his day, this and he was a good putter is why he was successful there, Tiger could shape it both ways and hit it pretty high plus farther than anyone until the big guys caught up.

• ifthethunder

@JH822547 said...

They got a ton of $$ from their $10 milly satellite contests. And now they will get their rake a second time when those tickets are played.
    ~

• BrianVT

The PGA stats actually have some data on high/low shots, like Apex Height and Launch Angle, but it’s only for Off The Tee shots; nothing for iron approach shots. I might add them to my golfer classification model, though.

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/categories.ROTT_INQ.html

Go down to “Radar” section at the bottom.

• BIF

@MrBreeze said...

Pretty much. i was looking last night trying to figure out bankroll management. Was thinking 40 entries in the $10, but started looking and thought a single $33 Dogleg, plus 5-7 $44 Twirl entries might make more sense. IDK, the big prizes are hard not to go for, even though it’s a sucker bet. I’ll figure it out by tomorrow night.

There are 2 diff $33 single entry Doglegs, 2 diff $12 single entry as well as good sized and better payout structures in the 20-max $3 Birdie and $1 Short Game as well as the 3-Max no rake Pat Mayo so lots of better options. Also the $75 3-max and $100/$200 single entries are good.

I have 35 of the $10 Milly tix plus 16 of the $100 entry Milly tix otherwise I won’t be throwing additional fresh cash at those structures.

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

The PGA stats actually have some data on high/low shots, like Apex Height and Launch Angle, but it’s only for Off The Tee shots; nothing for iron approach shots. I might add them to my golfer classification model, though.

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/categories.ROTT_INQ.html

Go down to “Radar” section at the bottom.

I wouldn’t be too concerned with those Apex Height and Launch stats as I think they are only taken on the 2 measured driving yardage holes each round and like you said it’s on Drivers only.

• lfn1992

@BIF said...

There are 2 diff $33 single entry Doglegs, 2 diff $12 single entry as well as good sized and better payout structures in the 20-max $3 Birdie and $1 Short Game as well as the 3-Max no rake Pat Mayo so lots of better options. Also the $75 3-max and $100/$200 single entries are good.

I have 35 of the $10 Milly tix plus 16 of the $100 entry Milly tix otherwise I won’t be throwing additional fresh cash at those structures.

I’ve resisted the Mayo contest all season, but I might actually play that this week and the surprisingly good prize structure in the $1 Short Game. I have something like 10 Milly tickets overall and I am thinking about only playing like 3 of them.

• kps3205s

@lfn1992 said...

I have something like 10 Milly tickets overall and I am thinking about only playing like 3 of them.

Don’t they expire after this week?

• BrianVT

@BIF said...

I wouldn’t be too concerned with those Apex Height and Launch stats as I think they are only taken on the 2 measured driving yardage holes each round and like you said it’s on Drivers only.

I think this is different than the 2 holes for driving distance, which is why they stuck it down in the “Radar” section. The counts showing for total rounds and total attempts equates to much more than 2 holes per round, although it varies from golfer to golfer. I’m assuming it’s displaying all holes where driver was used.

For instance, Bryson is 5.8 attempts per round, but Kokrak is 6.5 attempts per round.

Explanation at bottom is “Highest point of the shot (in feet and inches) relative to the tee on Par 4 and Par 5 tee shots where a valid radar measurement was taken.”

• lexmarke238

@BrianVT said...

I think this is different than the 2 holes for driving distance, which is why they stuck it down in the “Radar” section.

Interesting info. Maybe “radar” means it’s the holes where they have the trackman/shot tracer set up at the tee. Sometimes they also follow the featured group with a mobile shottracer setup. Most of the other stats are compiled using the Shotlink laser, as I’m sure you know but others might not.

• lfn1992

@kps3205s said...

Don’t they expire after this week?

If they do I will use them up – thanks for the heads up – but if I have the option to play them in a future major or Milly contest I will

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@lfn1992 said...

The Masters Milly prize payouts are a joke, right?

Absolutely ridiculous. I think I’m gonna stick to SE…probably until I see the milly’s are close to filling and then I’ll give in. But, it’s certainly not a good idea to play any of the milly contests. JOKE payout structures

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).