PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• badtrip

That Ancer penalty is awful. Barely visible on close up video, but it would have been impossible for him to see or feel it. The same thing probably happened a couple other times today, and will happen several more times this week.

Gotta root for Rose!

• Logan7777

@Wander_Bread said...

Holy shit Ancer was just assessed a 2 stroke penalty for unintentionally ‘grazing’ his club in the sand on his backswing on 15. Not only do I own a lot if him in DFS but $550 dollars in winnings on a 1st round matchup with Harris English was just regraded from a win to a loss. Unreal

Golf slow motion replay is unrealistic in the real world of golf play. Do away with it.

• BIF

@Sleazygreazy said...

Nice call, got any good rose lines goin?

Just got home from the course and starting to look but I’m up about $4500 above my entries right now so there must be a few good ones.

I know 4 of my LUs in the $100 entry Milly sitting between 199th and 391st plus a bunch in the $10 Milly just above 500th thru 1000th

It’s early but still nice to see the green screen – I would really benefit from Westwood and Garcia grinding out good rounds tomorrow to sneak through the cut. Also have a few good lines getting crushed by Cantlay or Kuchar land-mines.

• mogan11

@BIF said...

Just got home from the course and starting to look but I’m up about $4500 above my entries right now so there must be a few good ones.

I know 4 of my LUs in the $100 entry Milly sitting between 199th and 391st plus a bunch in the $10 Milly just above 500th thru 1000th

It’s early but still nice to see the green screen – I would really benefit from Westwood and Garcia grinding out good rounds tomorrow to sneak through the cut. Also have a few good lines getting crushed by Cantlay or Kuchar land-mines.

Damn dude. GL and hope it holds/improves.

I assume courses up there are just opening up? It hit 93 down here today.

• ifthethunder

I put up a forum contest for people doing round-by-round DK Ironman.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/106214874
    ~

• ifthethunder

@badtrip said...

That Ancer penalty is awful.

My flakes are fully frosted.
    ~

• timusbr

SMH on Rose. I was 100% him at the API. had good recent performances on Euro tour in the desert. If I waited….Couldnt go back to him. Congtats on the pick to everyone who had him. Just some facts for you that stood out to me.
    Rose 35Fpts without position points. He doubled the score of the 2 guys tied for 10th(in Fpts). I have never seen that big a difference before. Rose had 3x the Fpts of the median score 11.5 Thats 3 times more points than half the field. LMAO, he outscored a couple of legit LU’s all by himself. All at under 3% ownership…. Even if regression hits….those 35 points dont go away.

• timusbr

@ifthethunder said...

I put up a forum contest for people doing round-by-round DK Ironman.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/106214874
    ~

thanks, please dont wait on me…I forgot
    just now finished my updates and getting ready to pick a team.

• BIF

@mogan11 said...

Damn dude. GL and hope it holds/improves.

I assume courses up there are just opening up? It hit 93 down here today.

We opened yesterday afternoon for the season; everything wintered well but it was not very warm (low 50’s and misty rain when we started).

Re: DFS – I’m 50% Rose (8 out of 16) in the $100 entry Milly and 40% (14/35) in the big $10 Milly so my “currently winning” is a bit inflated due to Rose’s low round and 30 position points.

My 4 highest owned guys are Spieth ~68%, Casey 62%, Reed 55% and Rose 50% so that core is doing good – unfortunately I also have 40ish% Westwood, 30% Cantlay and 20% Garcia

• ifthethunder

@timusbr said...

thanks, please dont wait on me…I forgot
    just now finished my updates and getting ready to pick a team.

HEY! HO! LET’S GO!
    ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCWOb7V-b0

• lfn1992

I have no Abe Ancer this week, but that call is horseshit and they should do an immediate investigation into the fool or fools that decided to make that call.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

@BIF said...

We opened yesterday afternoon for the season; everything wintered well but it was not very warm (low 50’s and misty rain when we started).

Re: DFS – I’m 50% Rose (8 out of 16) in the $100 entry Milly and 40% (14/35) in the big $10 Milly so my “currently winning” is a bit inflated due to Rose’s low round and 30 position points.

My 4 highest owned guys are Spieth ~68%, Casey 62%, Reed 55% and Rose 50% so that core is doing good – unfortunately I also have 40ish% Westwood, 30% Cantlay and 20% Garcia

I thought his back had issues…. guess he got some good rubs

• whodat2

@Unico10 said...

Justin Rose spotted in a Houston alley talking with Desean Watson.

• BIF

@Unico10 said...

He WD from the Arnold Palmer with back spasms 5 weeks ago and didn’t play in The Players 4 weeks ago because of it – I figured he was worth the risk given his good history here and on fast/firm courses especially with him having the red “Q” on DK to suppress ownership.

• Steverino01

Of course I have Ancer as I am cursed when it comes to PGA.

I’m pissed about this Rose back issues BS as he’s been working hard the past month preparing for the Masters. At least that is what he said in interviews today. All we ever heard was he was having back spasms.

• BIF

3 Must-Watch “Not-so-great” moments from today’s golf

1. Robert Streb shanks his tee shot on #12 SHORT of the water !!

2. Bernd Wiesberger hammers his eagle putt on 15 well past the hole and watches it roll off the green and into the water !!

3. Rory somehow managed to hit his father Gerry with a golf ball on his 2nd shot on #7

Those were 3 very different and interesting ways to make bogey ! 🙄

• Southie777

I play a lot more DK than FD, but I had a very nice win on FD a few weeks back, so I’ve been playing a lot more FD lately. I’ve only ever played PGA Showdown on DK and like it and think they have some decent contests. Was looking for PGA Showdowns on FD and, at first, just assumed they didn’t exist. I finally realized that SPGA was Single Day PGA. Okay… Then I saw the contests. For real? Why the hell bother? Did I miss the first iterations? It doesn’t seem like it. Just TERRIBLE and small choices. Very disappointing.

• miggs6876

It was quite a show Rose put on today. He is so far ahead of the field that he certainly pays off his salary and a lot more. I think he will regress quite a bit. I wouldn’t be surprised if he falls out of the top 10.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

@BIF said...

He WD from the Arnold Palmer with back spasms 5 weeks ago and didn’t play in The Players 4 weeks ago because of it – I figured he was worth the risk given his good history here and on fast/firm courses especially with him having the red “Q” on DK to suppress ownership.

Of course game theory good play… when I tried it he WD so as far as I am concerned he can go somewhere dark to get his back rubbed… lol

• miggs6876

@Unico10 said...

Of course game theory good play… when I tried it he WD so as far as I am concerned he can go somewhere dark to get his back rubbed… lol

He got more than his back rubbed judging by his performance today.

• MrSnuffleupagus

As smart as Bryson is, he never puts the mental game into his equations…

• miggs6876

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

As smart as Bryson is, he never puts the mental game into his equations…

Perhaps the steroids cloud his mental judgement. For some odd reason, I enjoy seeing him frustrated on the golf course. With that said, I think he puts together a very low round 2 score.

• JimKronlund

I do not have an issue with Ancers 2 stroke penalty in of itself. I have 16%/150 lu of him so I’d prefer it did not happen.
    But I like rules that are black and white that help keep integrity of the game intact.
    There is such a minute difference between accidental and intentional changing of the lie if some contact to the sand was allowed or overlooked. Almost an undetectable difference. What if there was a larger pebble behind the ball and it was conveniently and subtly pressed into the sand in the exact same way Ancer accidently did it. What if it was Patrick Reed that did it.
    This is very different than the unintentional clause they amended for the contact of a ball in the tee box because there is never any benefit for knocking a ball off a tee.

• depalma13

I woke up to find dollars missing from my winnings. Had to come here to see why. That’s some serious BS with Ancer.

Now, not only do we have to sweat cuts, but now we have to sweat nerds in the control room.

• titanhawks

I need to use my one-time for Mr. Cantlay to not DBB par threes and make this cut today pretty pretty please

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).