PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BrianVT

I’m feeling a Nasty yams top 5. I liked his putting stroke this past weekend. Pretty good price for him, too.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Anyone within ten strokes of the lead makes the cut or is that not a thing anymore?

• BrianVT

@Sleazygreazy said...

Anyone within ten strokes of the lead makes the cut or is that not a thing anymore?

They dropped it for the first time last year. Haven’t seen any news about it coming back, so I think it’s just top 50 and ties.

• timusbr

All you milly hunters easily forget the minimax.

12.5% to first, about 21% of entries get paid, and min payout is 2x entrance fee.

This is about the best Gpp in DK’s plethora of offerings. Any MME players in for the long run…This is the contest for you. The 2x min payout and the modest top prize structure, is the best way to maintaining a positive ROI without beating 200K other contestants.

We need 68 for the league Happy Meal. Lets beat the drums.

• timusbr

I am unsure how to play this week. I am not excited about the “Masters”. I am so bad at this event, I dont know where to go. The only thought that keeps coming up is ….

find a player like Kbarnhill, and ask to dup his LU’s in the minimax that he puts into his high dollar contests. Or find a guy who picks good player pools but uses a LU generator to build. I enjoy my LU process after I pick the player pool.

cmon, you cant just pick the winner here. Unlike last week where Spieth and Hoffman were almost guarantees to cash. In the last Masters, I needed 1 Cameron Davis with 100% DJ/Brooks just to get a cash ( 2nd1st 7th). All the top salaries are in play and 7 of the 10 top finishers will probably be 9K+
    Your salary savers are critical to success but the lower 6K’s are a traditional wasted pick.

Good luck against the public who flock to donate.

• MrBreeze

@lfn1992 said...

I’ve resisted the Mayo contest all season, but I might actually play that this week

link to Mayo podcast to find the 5000 entry Mayo, already at 4K

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/2021-masters-picks-bets-one-and-done/id593007235?i=1000515847397

• hautalak

I’m more “excited” about this iteration than last but am still scared as always. I’m not sure I’ve ever had a good week here, I think I’m more of an “Open” guy (or that’s just where I’ve had the most “Major” success).

I do think it plays a lot different than this past fall so a lot that had success will lose it a bit and maybe struggle to make the cut. Or I’m just talking out of my ass…

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I made a gut lineup, and only Casey has been mentioned here so far. Went balanced with all guys between $7.4K and $9.1K. It looks like it’s enough to be different!

• joephoto

Been waiting for this. Won 68- $10 Milly tickets. Just started making my 68 unique lineups.
    Got 18 done so far. Wouldn’t know how to use lineup creator thingy so this is by hand.
    Using lots of Conners -Ancer -Berger -Zalatoris + Im.

• depalma13

@BrianVT said...

They dropped it for the first time last year. Haven’t seen any news about it coming back, so I think it’s just top 50 and ties.

It’s back to normal. Losing daylight is not a problem like it was last year.

• BrianVT

@timusbr said...

All you milly hunters easily forget the minimax.

12.5% to first, about 21% of entries get paid, and min payout is 2x entrance fee.

This is about the best Gpp in DK’s plethora of offerings. Any MME players in for the long run…This is the contest for you. The 2x min payout and the modest top prize structure, is the best way to maintaining a positive ROI without beating 200K other contestants.

It’s a great contest for you and me, but the guys in here who have won 5 and 6 figure payouts in the past or the true gamblers in here, probably think us mini-maxers are complete losers. It’s not enough “action” for them. It’s the only way I’ll ever consistently test my 150-max skills, though, so it’s a fun puzzle for me and nothing more.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@depalma13 said...

It’s back to normal. Losing daylight is not a problem like it was last year.

I’d like to see an official statement on this, but this article written today says the 10 shot rule is not in play.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/05/masters-2021-dates-tv-tee-times/

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@BrianVT said...

It’s a great contest for you and me, but the guys in here who have won 5 and 6 figure payouts in the past or the true gamblers in here, probably think us mini-maxers are complete losers. It’s not enough “action” for them. It’s the only way I’ll ever consistently test my 150-max skills, though, so it’s a fun puzzle for me and nothing more.

Haha, not true. This is one of my favorite places on the internet. I started in $1-$2 contests and have worked my way up. I don’t think I could win the $0.50 now.

• BrianVT

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Haha, not true. This is one of my favorite places on the internet. I started in $1-$2 contests and have worked my way up. I don’t think I could win the $0.50 now.

Ha, thanks! I do think the $.50 is probably harder to win than the others due to the ability to grow balls with less money on the line, plus more people actually maxing it than just throwing a handful of lineups in. It’s fun, though. Only ever won it once.

• lfn1992

@BrianVT said...

Ha, thanks! I do think the $.50 is probably harder to win than the others due to the ability to grow balls with less money on the line, plus more people actually maxing it than just throwing a handful of lineups in. It’s fun, though. Only ever won it once.

My best individual Minimax LU finished 16th once, but I’ve had some good hauls where my 6/6 rate outperformed the field significantly.

• JH822547

My favourite small stakes tourney is the Hole In One.

$1 max 20 line ups, 3000-5000 entries (although this week it’s 7000) winner takes all.

• winnerchickendinner

@JH822547 said...

$1 max 20 line ups, 3000-5000 entries (although this week it’s 7000) winner takes all.

• timusbr

@JH822547 said...

I always glance that way when I look at contests. Ive said over and over, I am in it for the longhaul, and my expectations are to win enough in the year to show a profit, and I am just as happy to be + fifty cents after the year as anything else. Your favorite contest fits my criteria and is a gamble $20 a week for 50 weeks. You surely will have the winner once every 4 years. I get lucky enough to find 2-3 Gpp high cashes year.
    but sadly the thought of getting instant gratification in tiered payouts outweight my thought process.

I think the minimax is hard. I agree with Brian’s thoughts. Some guys laugh at us for the low stakes and others really have no opinion. Years ago when the conversation was structure and profitability on MME. the consensus among us was 2x min payout was needed to “keep you alive” in the hard times or you will need that win sooner rather than later. An all or nothing winner takes all is the best alternative

• manoffewwords

Have a feeling that chalk core of Speith,Casey,and Conners will be most popular stack. Still leaves enough $ for other 3 without limiting anyone else in player pool.

• mgravity

Breaking News !! Because of the new and egregious Georgia voting laws Augusta National is moving the Masters Tournament and in fact the entire golf course (Because they can) to some other politically correct location !?

• marker0357

• BrianVT

@mgravity said...

Breaking News !! Because of the new and egregious Georgia voting laws Augusta National is moving the Masters Tournament and in fact the entire golf course (Because they can) to some other politically correct location !?

Keith Olbermann says they also need to stop calling it The Masters.

• timusbr

@mgravity said...

LOL, So sayith the Florida republican. You should actually worry about whether the spanish and portuguise speaking part of your population start asking questions instead of believing the hate filled propaganda. If the republicans thought any of the issues out and about would statistically help them, they would be all for it. As it stands, they dont think it helps them to encourage voting by all, making it as accessible and easy as possible. On the other hand, some of the restrictive dates are just that. What the heck is the big difference between open timing and 2 weeks, whats the damn difference in voting precincts open for 2 less hours. its all a game. I would just rather DFS Golf.

• kdsdawg

@timusbr said...

LOL, So sayith the Florida republican. You should actually worry about whether the spanish and portuguise speaking part of your population start asking questions instead of believing the hate filled propaganda. If the republicans thought any of the issues out and about would statistically help them, they would be all for it. As it stands, they dont think it helps them to encourage voting by all, making it as accessible and easy as possible. On the other hand, some of the restrictive dates are just that. What the heck is the big difference between open timing and 2 weeks, whats the damn difference in voting precincts open for 2 less hours. its all a game. I would just rather DFS Golf.

please keep this shit out of here

• BIF

@JH822547 said...

I used to throw 3-5 LUs in that all the time until I finished 2nd twice in a 3 week period and got zero for it – thankfully I had those lineups in other contests but I already play enough satellites/qualifiers where 2nd place gets zero or a fraction of the winner so I just stick with those.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).