PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• marker0357

I figure Mats played out of his mind. His putts were all within a few feet because he was deadly sticking close to the pin. If he’s a little further out tomorrow, his putter should come back to haunt him. I think Rose continues to stall or even back up a little. Zalatoris probably lets the emotions overtake him. Schauffele put himself in good position. I think Speith’s still in it as well. I’ve got Conners and Harman so I hope they fare well enough to land in the top 5. Thomas is just too far out after the blow up.

• Logan7777

Looks like Rose does not want to make it easy……on the beach.

• Getty33

@marker0357 said...

I figure Mats played out of his mind. His putts were all within a few feet because he was deadly sticking close to the pin. If he’s a little further out tomorrow, his putter should come back to haunt him. I think Rose continues to stall or even back up a little. Zalatoris probably lets the emotions overtake him. Schauffele put himself in good position. I think Speith’s still in it as well. I’ve got Conners and Harman so I hope they fare well enough to land in the top 5. Thomas is just too far out after the blow up.

Agreed with the breakdown. The one guy I wouldn’t overlook for showdown and betting purposes is Leishman. He was 3 over on his back 9 on Thursday but his other 5 9’s have been a model of high level play. He’s also one of the top 5 clutch golfers on tour according to the analytics editor of Golf Mag.

https://golf.com/news/features/mark-broadie-players-more-clutch-than-others/

• JimKronlund

Is it me or does this Masters seem to be lacking overall?
    I am not sure why?

• marker0357

@JimKronlund said...

I am not sure why?

Well its not because Tiger’s not in it if that’s where your’e headed Jim. LOL

• ifthethunder

@marker0357 said...

5. Thomas is just too far out after the blow up.

Big bummer for me. I have a Mats l.u. And an X-man l.u. But those lineups are dead. I needed J.T. to play well today or at least be competent.

But heck…I hear they’re playing again tomorrow!
    ~

• marker0357

@ifthethunder said...

Big bummer for me. I have a Mats l.u. And an X-man l.u. But those lineups are dead. I needed J.T. to play well today or at least be competent.

~

have a 6/6 of Thomas/Spieth/Harman/Conners/Ancer/Scott that was promising until today.

• JH822547

@marker0357 said...

Well its not because Tiger’s not in it if that’s where your’e headed Jim. LOL

Well, we’ve missed moaning about him monopolizing the TV coverage.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Is it just me or was Justin Roses back nine the most luckbox garbage ever?

He should’ve dropped like 4-5 shots.

He’s also really annoying to watch. Even my wife thinks he seems like a D bag.

/rant

• noddy

@JimKronlund said...

I am not sure why?

It seems to be lacking today for me, but that’s probably cuz my lineups did horrible. Once again my guys can’t play on the weekend. This happens 90% of the time. Unreal.

• JimKronlund

I have a Mats, Leish Conners Harman Fleet Kok sitting at 90th out of 95K with 422 pts. Nothing else with a chance to win

• marker0357

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Is it just me or was Justin Roses back nine the most luckbox garbage ever?

He should’ve dropped like 4-5 shots.

He’s also really annoying to watch. Even my wife thinks he seems like a D bag.

/rant

no doubt. I think he’ll be lucky to hold onto a top 5 tomorrow.

• JimKronlund

Still 30+ min to enter RG Nascar in Leagues.

• Getty33

@JimKronlund said...

Thanks. I almost forgot.

• ifthethunder

@JimKronlund said...

I’m in. Still waiting for them to restart XFIN, tho.
    ~

• depalma13

@JimKronlund said...

I am not sure why?

It’s been completely ho hum

• JimKronlund

@depalma13 said...

It’s been completely ho hum

Perhaps in part because the last one was so recent?

• Getty33

@JimKronlund said...

I don’t think so. The small groups of “patrons” are nice but I’m really starting to miss the big boisterous crowds. I think many people myself included are just so over the covid protocol nonsense and have been for quite awhile.

• depalma13

@JimKronlund said...

I don’t know. That could be it. The coverage has just been awful.

Doing interviews when the defending champion is putting to stay alive or showing delayed shots while the leaderboard to the right of the screen shows the player already missed or made it.

It’s just been blah.

• noddy

@Getty33 said...

I don’t think so. The small groups of “patrons” are nice but I’m really starting to miss the big boisterous crowds. I think many people myself included are just so over the covid protocol nonsense and have been for quite awhile.

There are many people who don’t think the covid protocol is nonsense.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@ifthethunder said...

~

Have a Mats LU with Spieth and JT. The motherf’er Kevin Kisner ruined it on Friday by missing three birdie putts within ten feet when he was own shot out of making the cut. Hoping for good things for you tomorrow.

• cgg716

21st in the 44 on FD. Conners/Xander/Zaltouris/Smith/Rahm/Ancer. 1st probably isn’t reachable without a matz blowup, but some good rounds from the guys getting out early, top 5 or 6 maybe

• HoodsFromTheWood

J. Thomas
    J. Spieth
    H. Matsuyama
    W. Zalatoris
    C. Conners
    J. Kokrak

Go Hoods

• JimKronlund

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

J. Thomas
    J. Spieth
    H. Matsuyama
    W. Zalatoris
    C. Conners
    J. Kokrak

Go Hoods

The Thomas blow up must have been painful with that line up. It will still might take down what you entered.

• timusbr

I dont know about ho hum for the coverage. I missed most of it so far. I like the masters.com leaderboard. I like to see every shot I want to see. It took time for me to get use to…LMAO It takes me time to get use to all new things, which is just about everything. As far as my picks go, I think the happy meal has been a great bell weather. I spent the first half of thursday in first place, then ended in 9th. Friday I dropped to 98th or something. This morning I was 120’s, Now I am 13th, I didnt play much showdown because I didnt like my lineup and got killed the first 2 days, only to throw out a gem and win $1.91

Day 4 for the marbles…Sorry guys, Mats wins this after letting the door open. Zalatoris isnt going to choke. Rose would be my pick to fade, but everyone in top 10 have all been putting well.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).