PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• lfn1992

@noddy said...

Oh I am. Problem is I picked the other 3 golfers

• noddy

@lfn1992 said...

lol

• timusbr

@mgravity said...

First pick is JT. #4

I wasnt happy when #32 Hudson Swafford showed up
    #10 was Brian Harman, which I liked
    but #27 Fred Couples had me on a do not play idea on the fortune cookie.

• Steverino01

@lfn1992 said...

The Masters Milly prize payouts are a joke, right?

Nothing new. Milly contests in any sport has a shitty prize payout. That’s the only way they can give away a million to first.

What gets me is the $5 DTG has the same type of payoff structure. Why pay $5 with the chance to win 100K when you can pay $10 for a chance to win a milly?

• Steverino01

Well I’ve won 3 $10 milly tickets for the Masters. The first ticket went to Monday’s Promo…

Enter a lineup into the $4M Fantasy Golf Millionaire today.
    If Bryson DeChambeau makes the weekend cut in Augusta, GA, you get a $5 contest ticket.

That should be an easy $5 ticket, right?

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

@BlueEdwards said...

If the greens are super slick, doesn’t that favor guys with great around the green game?

I think so yes

• ifthethunder

@Steverino01 said...

Well I’ve won 3 $10 milly tickets for the Masters. The first ticket went to Monday’s Promo…

If Bryson DeChambeau makes the weekend cut in Augusta, GA, you get a $5 contest ticket.

Maybe? I have some of those tickets and I’m using and waiting each day for more promos to use them on.
    ~

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Steverino01 said...

I have a feeling these are all going to be Bryson centric incentives this week. Better yet, if you complete all the challenges you earn entry in to a contest to win a Bryson signed hat.

• Steverino01

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I have a feeling these are all going to be Bryson centric incentives this week. Better yet, if you complete all the challenges you earn entry in to a contest to win a Bryson signed hat.

Now that you mention it.

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Have gone over and over it today and I keep coming up with Hovland winning it or at least finishing top 3. Pretty much the only pick im confident in.

Firm, fast greens is what they are saying – not sure I want the guy with one of the worst Around the Green games on Tour (especially at Augusta) if the greens are going to be a little tougher to hit and stick.

Vik was 168th in SG: Around the Green in 2020
    Vik is 108th so far in 2021

If scoring is going to be a little tougher this year, that means a premium on par saves and getting up and down for bird on the Par 5’s.

• BlueEdwards

Kuchar or SWK?

• bjrogers2000

@Getty33 said...

Fred Couples who last won a PGA Tour event in 2003 is priced higher than Robert Streb who was a winner the last time he was in Georgia (2020 RSM @ Sea Pines)
    Robert Streb =

Good point

• bjrogers2000

@noddy said...

I’m playing him. Baby narrative. Whatever the heck that means.

It’s the father narrative. There are a lot of new fathers that have performed to the highest level after the birth of a child in all sports.

• BIF

@bjrogers2000 said...

Good point

Yah but Robert Streb is 0/2 in made cuts at The Masters and Fred Couples is 30/35 cuts made and 17 of those were Top 15 or better including a win. I’d trust Fred to get it around better and make the cut more than I’d trust Streb.

• bjrogers2000

@depalma13 said...

Last 23 winners all made the cut the previous year.

Another good point.

• bjrogers2000

@BIF said...

Watched an interview with him about last years Masters and he talked about how it’s just too long for him now – I know he has had good finishes in that period you mention but he said even though it’s only 7350-7400, it plays longer as every fairway is cut back at the player (into the grain/growth) so it limits roll out off the tee.

Said he hit a few 3W’s into par 4’s along with a lot of hybrids. Also said he can’t get to any of the Par 5’s in two anymore so has to rely on his wedge to make birdies on those.

Langer said he played with Rory one day and Bryson the other over the last 2 rounds – he then laughed at what club he was hitting into greens compared to them and also said that he was not even trying to hit some greens but instead miss them where he had a chance to chip and putt for a par save. Then laughed and said he “made a lot of pars “ this past year.

I wouldn’t bet against him making the cut especially in what looks only like an 88-89 player field barring no Covid WDs but his upside is more and more limited with each passing year and with the mega-sized GPPs, I can’t really see him being on an winning lineup because while he gives you salary saving, he isn’t going to make enough birds. Even if he finished 29th again, he probably finishes 38-40th in FP with so few birds and likely no streaks.

BIF is a good man giving his proper respect and analysys to a two time Masters champion.

• bjrogers2000

@depalma13 said...

Where else besides horse racing can you use your skill, invest so little and get a chance to end the day a millionaire?

I agree.

• bjrogers2000

@hbomb57 said...

It is not a fade course but one player could and did conquer it as a fade player, Jack who of course won 6 times. While another great fade could not and hated Augusta.

“Don’t talk to me about the Masters. I’m never going to play there again. They can invite me all they want, but I’m not going back. It’s just not my type of course.” Trevino said that he felt uncomfortable with the atmosphere at Augusta National and that he disliked the course because his style of play, where he liked to fade low shots left to right, was not suited to the course

Jack played a high fade, Trevino played a low fade.

• BIF

Cumulative Scoring in Majors since 2017

1st – Koepka 83 under par (yup 83 under!)
    2nd – DJ at 36 under

Koepka said he can swing at it 100% with no knee pain – walking downhill is where he feels discomfort. He was asked if he felt he could win this week, his answer was classic Brooks when he said that if he felt he was only going to finish 2nd, he wouldn’t have even showed up 😂

• miggs6876

@timusbr said...

I have 0 milly tickets this year. Ha Ha I played 0 satty’s

I have 1 $15 ticket. Hope I can turn it into something other than dust.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BIF said...

Cumulative Scoring in Majors since 2017

1st – Koepka 83 under par (yup 83 under!)
    2nd – DJ at 36 under

Koepka said he can swing at it 100% with no knee pain – walking downhill is where he feels discomfort. He was asked if he felt he could win this week, his answer was classic Brooks when he said that if he felt he was only going to finish 2nd, he wouldn’t have even showed up 😂

I’m in a wait and see on Brooks. Will probably have at least one LU out of ten in the Milly with him in it if he still looks good on Wednesday.

• MrBreeze

Call me stubborn, after running a model and looking at stats & CH, I am making my bold fade of the week…….No Bryson for me at all.

Also, jury still out, but am considering a 100% fade of Spieth, more as a hedge play against the field.

• RudyPujols

@BlueEdwards said...

Kuchar or SWK?

SWK in all GPP no matter what the structure. I could see going Kuchar in H2H because SWK is so volatile, but I would probably just pivot to chalk Palmer in H2H and probably divvy up my SWK investment to include some Palmer in GPP. I don’t think a cheap, safe cutmaker, short-knocker, wily veteran who lacks the firepower to go low profile is going to be a part of many big GPP hits in this small field/high 6/6% environment. But maybe Kuch has more in the tank than I give him credit for.

• NDNole

@BIF said...

Firm, fast greens is what they are saying – not sure I want the guy with one of the worst Around the Green games on Tour (especially at Augusta) if the greens are going to be a little tougher to hit and stick.

Vik was 168th in SG: Around the Green in 2020
    Vik is 108th so far in 2021

If scoring is going to be a little tougher this year, that means a premium on par saves and getting up and down for bird on the Par 5’s.

Gonna take that into consideration.

• BlueEdwards

@RudyPujols said...

SWK in all GPP no matter what the structure. I could see going Kuchar in H2H because SWK is so volatile, but I would probably just pivot to chalk Palmer in H2H and probably divvy up my SWK investment to include some Palmer in GPP. I don’t think a cheap, safe cutmaker, short-knocker, wily veteran who lacks the firepower to go low profile is going to be a part of many big GPP hits in this small field/high 6/6% environment. But maybe Kuch has more in the tank than I give him credit for.

Thanks for the response.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).