PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: April 8-11

Where: Augusta, Georgia

Course: Augusta National – A par 72 course, playing at 7445 yards.

Cut Rules: Top 50 + ties

Field Size: Will be around 95 golfers.

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson (-20)

Last Year’s Cut:E (60 golfers made it through)

Live Coverage:
    **Masters.com
    **DirecTV channels 901-905
    **CBS
    **ESPN on Thurs & Fri
    Shot-tracker: Masters.com (not on pgatour.com)

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RudyPujols

@MrBreeze said...

Call me stubborn, after running a model and looking at stats & CH, I am making my bold fade of the week…….No Bryson for me at all.

Also, jury still out, but am considering a 100% fade of Spieth, more as a hedge play against the field.

No greens books, no luck overpowering it last time, no inspiring CH, no thick rough to gain advantage with those power wedges all the way to the green while others are punching out = I’m out, too.

I’m leaning full fade or underweight on DK with Spieth, but I will probably be 100% on whatever Yahoo dabbling I do (mostly just rake free H2H and Free Cup) because the price is just stupid low.

• BigRay

@RudyPujols said...

But maybe Kuch has more in the tank than I give him credit for.

I was just looking at Kuch. As a fellow Yellowjacket, I am a big fan. His game is not for this course, at least at this point in his career. I would have put him in the same category BIF’s Langer and Freddy takes. He doesn’t have as much success as these guys have had here but he can truck it around and if he stays out of trouble will be ok. But as stated above his lack of ability to go low at this course is what is keeping me off of him.

• NDNole

@noddy said...

Go over it some more until you come up with someone else as he’s not in my player pool.

Haha thats probably a good omen for you.

• squidkill

Wow, barely 7 pages in for Masters week? Where is everybody? giant circle jerk over at MKF or in Discord?

Hope you fellas are doing well and best of luck this week.

• RudyPujols

@BlueEdwards said...

Thanks for the response.

No prob. I do really like Kuch as a real golfer, and would love to see him cap off the career with a major. I think that window on this continent closed when he didn’t win US Open at Pebble in a year he had one twice and was playing great. He was the first guy waiting to congratulate Woodland, such a class act (caddygate notwithstanding). Probably going to have to be a fairway/scramble/grindfest across the pond for him to have a shot at this point.

• BigRay

I was looking at the PGA tour site to see if I could find out some news on Na’s back. I am a totally say “Nah to the Na” kinda of guy but was a little interested this week. When I clicked his picture, I got a “this page is not working”. so even his profile WD’s from the PGA site.

• NDNole

@squidkill said...

Wow, barely 7 pages in for Masters week? Where is everybody?

I was thinking the same thing. Of all the tourneys this is the one i’d expect a lot of action on. Since course history is a big deal and its pretty consistent.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

The guy up top that I am locking and loading is Jon Rahm. Three straight top tens here. He’s got #babyswag. It’s his turn.

Also, am going to eat some severe Spieth chalk this week. If it looks like he is going to be 35% owned I’ll be 70%. There’s plenty of other places to be different.

Love Cam Smith (two top 5s in last 3 trips). I’m on the value train with Ancer and Oosty in the mid-7ks.

In the 7k and under you have to like Conners, but I’m also a big Harman fan. Kokrak, Poulter, Palmer, Kisner, Matt Wallace are all solid punt options.

Love the Masters!

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Gonna take that into consideration.

Don’t wanna entirely talk you off Vik as he has proven to be somewhat reliable and a great ball striker though on the downside he’s not exactly coming in with great form as he shot 77-78 his last two rounds at Bay Hill then struggled at the The Players with a MC and then was not very good at the Match Play.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BigRay said...

I was looking at the PGA tour site to see if I could find out some news on Na’s back. I am a totally say “Nah to the Na” kinda of guy but was a little interested this week. When I clicked his picture, I got a “this page is not working”. so even his profile WD’s from the PGA site.

Pat Mayo had a good take on Kevin Na. What if Na wins the Masters and DJ has to put the jacket on him?

• lfn1992

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Pat Mayo had a good take on Kevin Na. What if Na wins the Masters and DJ has to put the jacket on him?

Inject this in my veins

I don’t know if I will MME this yet but I am very intrigued about rostering “darkside Kevin Na” – if he is in DJ’s group or something I will probably roster them both

• depalma13

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Well, DJ making up the excuse he thought he heard Na say it’s good, saved Na from getting DQ’d and let him keep the $47,500 from the event. I would say if he’s willing to do that, all should be good.

• NDNole

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Love Cam Smith (two top 5s in last 3 trips). I’m on the value train with Ancer and Oosty in the mid-7ks.

Oosty was last out in my pool. I like what he can do this week.

• NDNole

@BIF said...

Don’t wanna entirely talk you off Vik as he has proven to be somewhat reliable and a great ball striker though on the downside he’s not exactly coming in with great form as he shot 77-78 his last two rounds at Bay Hill then struggled at the The Players with a MC and then was not very good at the Match Play.

Yeah, he hit about 91% of what I was looking for. Im not going to go off him. Im not nearly as versed in golf as some of you guys are though. Im a pattern guy and I see clear patterns in the masters. I throw out all the other stuff probably to my detriment lol. I hope for all the reasons you said that Hov is low owned.

• Getty33

Not a peep about the greensmaster, the wizard of wedges, the purveyor of putting, the man who can fenagle a free drop from a hazard…

• RudyPujols

@depalma13 said...

Well, DJ making up the excuse he thought he heard Na say it’s good, saved Na from getting DQ’d and let him keep the $47,500 from the event. I would say if he’s willing to do that, all should be good.

Hadn’t heard about this wrinkle. So, absent DJ saying that then Na should win the hole (can’t retro concede) and then been DQ’d for signing the wrong score? Is that the gist?

• noddy

@kbarnhill7523 said...

The guy up top that I am locking and loading is Jon Rahm. Three straight top tens here. He’s got #babyswag. It’s his turn.

Also, am going to eat some severe Spieth chalk this week. If it looks like he is going to be 35% owned I’ll be 70%. There’s plenty of other places to be different.

In the 7k and under you have to like Conners, but I’m also a big Harman fan. Kokrak, Poulter, Palmer, Kisner, Matt Wallace are all solid punt options.

Love the Masters!

I am so happy to read this as I like most of the same golfers. Good for me, bad for you

• jss1218

What are we thinking about Westwood? He has played well here in the past. And he obviously had the back to back 2nd places a few weeks ago. But are we still on him? I need to reduce my player pool and I am looking at him as a possible cut.

• lfn1992

@jss1218 said...

What are we thinking about Westwood? He has played well here in the past. And he obviously had the back to back 2nd places a few weeks ago. But are we still on him? I need to reduce my player pool and I am looking at him as a possible cut.

Lee Westwood is arguably playing the best golf of his life, and he hasn’t missed a cut here since 2007. For good measure, he T2ed here in 2016. He’ll be in my player pool FWIW.

• Logan7777

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Love the Masters!

I used a lot of these guys in my player pool too. After building my first draft line ups I think I’ve got too much Fleetwood. He fit in well price wise with some of the punt options but not feeling comfortable with that much.

• kdsdawg

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Love the Masters!

Had Harman in my $200 SE L/U which had Rahm, moved down to Rory to move up off of Harman. Didn’t feel as comfortable with Harman in that L/U. Still have plenty of him elsewhere.

• MACKTYSON

Bryson for all da monies this weekend. Stacking him and JT. One of them is winning this, guaranteed.

• NDNole

@MACKTYSON said...

Bryson for all da monies this weekend. Stacking him and JT. One of them is winning this, guaranteed.

There is no early 2000’s tiger. Nothing in golf is guaranteed lol.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Getty33 said...

Not a peep about the greensmaster, the wizard of wedges, the purveyor of putting

If it’s going to play hard and fast, I’ll be all over Captain America

• mitchsnyderdfw

Tee times are out.

To be honest Spieth in the final group is not ideal for Thursday.

https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html?promo=hero_other_

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).