PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: January 16-19

Where: La Qunita, California

Course: PGA West AND La Quinta CC AND TPC Stadium Course (3 courses)

Last Year’s Winner: Adam Long at -26

Last Year’s Cut: -9 (Cut is after 3 rounds)

Coverage: Golf Channel

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mtdurham

I hate dfs golf. Disgusted right now

• Ndepompei

does this start friday or are dates just off a day?

• Dunzor

I’m hoping for some wildly inaccurate MKF lines since they are playing on three courses. Hoping to be able to load up on overs in fantasy scoring on La Quinta & the Nicklaus course

• Dunzor

@Ndepompei said...

does this start friday or are dates just off a day?

He probably pulled the dates from last year’s header, the event starts on Thursday

• Ndepompei

@Dunzor said...

He probably pulled the dates from last year’s header, the event starts on Thursday

thanks I figured this was the case. Didn’t remember them moving to Friday-Monday for MLK day before.

• smallANDflaccid

@mtdurham said...

Why the long face?

• js5734

is la quinta the course to target for showdowns? seems like it based off of last years leader board

• RudyPujols

@js5734 said...

is la quinta the course to target for showdowns? seems like it based off of last years leader board

Fading Stadium Course is the main point. Loading up on 100% La Quinta (which is easier than the Tournament Course, but the Tournament Course is also a birdie track) or sprinkling in some Tournament Course guys are both viable approaches, I believe.

• BrianVT

So, apparently this used to be a 5 round tournament back when it was the Bob Hope Classic. I have to massage my older data a little bit. I guess it’s useless anyhow, though, with the multiple courses.

• noddy

@mtdurham said...

But you were so happy after day 1…

• Dunzor

@noddy said...

But you were so happy after day 1…

Sick burn

• lfn1992

Probably not the best time to bring up how my Day 1 and 2 were disasters but I made up a bunch of them after a surprise min cash in EURO and loading up on Weekend and Round 4 Showdowns, but I’ll do it anyway

• Felixxberg

Funny that the smartgolfbet guy’s key metrics are “get lucky on the greens” for 2 courses out of 3!

• mtdurham

@smallANDflaccid said...

Why the long face?

That was an unbelievable collapse from a great 6/6.

Cant wait to play this week lol

• lfn1992

These 3 course pro-ams are some of the most difficult to handicap, IMO. The vastly different courses, the weather effects, and the huge fields are very difficult to work with DFG-wise. It does provide some opportunities for showdowns but even those aren’t as straightforward as people think. IMO.

I do find myself wondering of some golfers consistently do well in pro-ams over others regardless of OWGR. For example, I have this theory Phil Mickleson loves the nightlife and when the stars come out, he shows up. Phil was not a great golfer last year but he showed up here last year.

• benstnick

Salaries are out. A few interesting prices.

• blue

What stats are people focused on this week?

• byo34

Took Phil in one lineup because I just have to do it.

Edit: Already second guessing myself.. Maybe I shouldn’t go there.

• noddy

@byo34 said...

Took Phil in one lineup because I just have to do it.

Edit: Already second guessing myself.. Maybe I shouldn’t go there.

I did also.

• Jeddy3

Man, Stadler needs to keep playing so he can finally be out of statistical models. He pops every week because he was good like 3 years ago.

• starstx

I did not do well here last year … everyone gets 3 rounds in, large field, 3 courses, birdie fest I believe … tough one for me

• BrianVT

@blue said...

Not really a good week for predictive modeling (with 3 different courses), but I’m showing T2G, P5, Scram, BoB, P4.

• timusbr

@blue said...

need the weather report on this one. If memory serves; last year it had significant wind. the year before was plagued by rain.
    Add in the am part of Pro-am, and 3 different courses….good luck

• Steverino01

I’m also going with Phil, but I am a long time fan, so i’m bias.

Haven’t looked into anything yet, but I do know playing golfers with a good history out west is a thing. Heck I may make an all homegrown Californians lineup.

Oh yea, what’s up with Na? Is he going to be a WD risk again this week? He’s also from Cali, so…

• BIF

@mtdurham said...

Geez, I thought you had the nuts at the Sony the way the posts were flying on Thursday night 🙄 C’mon, by now you know It’s a 4-day marathon and not a sprint !

You just wanna be in the Top 1-3% heading to the weekend and then hope the chips fall your way on Sunday.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.