THE BAT continues to rank as one of, if not THE most accurate projection system in fantasy baseball according to yearly accuracy tests, and now it has received a MAJOR UPGRADE for the 2020 season!
The biggest upgrade to THE BAT since the inclusion of weather data comes in the form of a brand new projection system that optimally combines traditional metrics with Statcast data to form what should be the best projection system available. Barrels, launch angles, exit velocity, sprint speeds — these and a lot more are all fully integrated into THE BAT X’s methodology to project hitters!
If this is the first you’re hearing about THE BAT, here’s what you need to know:
I’ve developed THE BAT over the past 10 years and 10,000+ hours, using skills and methods I’ve developed from my time in the sabermetric community working with some of the best baseball minds in the world, many of whom are now making decisions for championship-winning Major League clubs. THE BAT incorporates all the necessary basics, like park factors and platoon splits, plus many lesser-considered factors like air density and umpires to give you an edge on the competition. And new for 2020, it now uses Statcast data! When tested, THE BAT proved even more accurate than Vegas and was the Most Accurate Season-Long Projection System of 2018! Plus, it works with RotoGrinders’ LineupHQ, helping you build your ideal lineups for both cash games and GPPs!
Bonus Features of THE BAT
In addition to the tried and true projections THE BAT has always had, a 2020 subscription gets you a lot of extras:
• THE BAT X projections: A major upgrade to THE BAT utilizing Statcast data!
• Stack Projections: See which teams project the best and the best value for your GPP lineups!
• Floor, Ceiling, and Percentile Projections: THE BAT now projects a range of outcomes for every player based on their own unique skillset. This can help identify both ‘safe’ and ‘high upside’ plays for GPP players.
• Weekly Projections: Use THE BAT for season-long FAAB, pickup, and lineup-setting decisions, now with NFBC Ownership rates!
• Podcasts: In past years, THE BAT Podcast has been a separate subscription for $125, but it comes completely FREE with all subscriptions to THE BAT now. The semi-daily, 10-15 minute podcast gives my personal thoughts on the day’s slate (including why THE BAT likes/doesn’t like certain players, where I may disagree with THE BAT due to a scouting take, etc.)
• Discord Chat Room: A subscriber-only channel in the RotoGrinders Discord for THE BAT users to swap ideas and lineup suggestions. I hang out in here and answer questions a lot.
• Video Archive: An archive of video lessons that explore important and often misunderstood DFS and sabermetric concepts that will give you a big edge on the competition
What Goes Into THE BAT?
While I was developing my system, the code name I used for it was BATMAN, named after a certain caped crusader who 1) Is awesome, like I intended my system to be, and 2) Uses all sorts of gadgets to get the job done, which is the perfect analogy for my system. As far as I can tell, THE BAT takes into account more factors and has more features than any other system out there. You can get more details here, but to list a few, every single day THE BAT considers:
• Opposing Hitter/Pitcher
• Weather (everything from temperature to air pressure)
• Catcher Throwing, Intimidation, and Framing
• Home Field Advantage
• Platoon Splits (Hitter/Pitcher/Park/Umpire/Catcher)
• Lineup Position
• Quality of Surrounding Lineup
• And more, explained further in THE BAT FAQ
And THE BAT doesn’t just take what a player has done at face value. This is actually one of the biggest mistakes most DFS players and models make, assuming that what a player has done this year represents his true talent level. But there’s a big difference between past performance and expected performance, and that’s why each one of these factors has its own underlying projection system so that THE BAT can have the best estimate of how well everyone and everything should perform going forward.
Simply head over to this page and follow the instructions! – If you have any questions, please post them here, hit me up on Twitter (@DerekCarty), or email (THEBAT@RotoGrinders.com) at anytime. I’m always happy to answer any questions you have about myself, THE BAT, or DFS in general.