NFL FORUM

Comments

• DerekCarty

ESPN, RotoGrinders - Creator of The BAT, MLB Scout School Grad, LABR Champ

Looking for that edge in NFL this season? Looking for the sharp plays the masses aren’t making? You need THE BLITZ!

THE BLITZ Optimal Lineups cashed Double-Ups 71% of weeks last season! (And they cashed 82% of weeks all players in the lineup stayed healthy!) THE BLITZ’s favorite point-per-dollar plays and stacks were constantly in Milly Maker-winning lineups.

Everyone knows there’s a lot of information out there for NFL now, but most analysis says the same thing using the same flawed analysis. With THE BLITZ, there’s no groupthink. No ‘bad chalk’. Just proven, statistically-driven, winning plays.

What Is THE BLITZ?

If you’re not familiar with THE BLITZ, here’s what you need to know:

THE BLITZ was created by Derek Carty using much of the same methodology he used for his MLB Projection System, THE BAT, which is the most accurate season-long MLB projection system tested according to multiple studies. A sabermetrician and graduate of the prestigious MLB Scout School, Carty has spent a decade learning from some of the greatest mathematical sports minds, many of whom are now high-ranking decision-makers in MLB front offices. Very few of these sabermetric methods have found their way into football analysis, which gives THE BLITZ (and you!) a big advantage over others all using the same basic techniques.

Optimizing THE BLITZ is PropWizard, a Professional Sports Handicapping Service-now-DFS expert. PropWizard excels in the sports gaming industry with its considerable influence in the player propositional market, and applies the same advanced methods as Vegas Oddsmakers to strengthen and refine player projections. PropWizard runs EV Analytics and was the top NFL sports bettor on SharpSide for the 2018 season.

Purchase THE BLITZ Here

What Goes Into THE BLITZ?

As far as I can tell, THE BLITZ takes into account more factors and has more features than any other system out there—all while tackling complex statistical issues like sample size and player aging that most others ignore. You can get more details here, but to list a few, every single week THE BLITZ considers:

• Player Talent
    • Team & Coaching Tendencies
    • Offensive Lines
    • Opposing Defense
      • vs. the Run
      • vs. Receiver Type (WR/TE/RB)
      • vs. Deep/Short Passes
    • Weather
      • Wind
      • Temperature
      • Precipitation
    • Game Context
      • Game Script
      • Down and Distance
      • Field Position
      • Offensive & Defensive Formations
    • Home Field Advantage
      • Divisional/Non-Divisional Opponent
      • Stadium Noise Level
      • Dome
      • Day/Night
    • Scouting Combine Scores
    • Depth Charts
    • Inactives
    • Vegas Insight
    • …with new factors being added throughout the season!

And THE BLITZ doesn’t just take what a player has done at face value. This is actually one of the biggest mistakes most DFS players and models make, assuming that what a player has done this year represents his true talent level. But there’s a big difference between past performance and expected performance, and that’s why each one of these factors has its own underlying projection system so that THE BLITZ can have the best estimate of how well everyone and everything should perform going forward.
    For more information on everything that goes into THE BLITZ, be sure to check out this page.

What’s New For 2019 in THE BLITZ?

In addition to the tried and true projections THE BLITZ has always had, a 2019 subscription gets you a lot of extras:

Floor, Ceiling, and Percentile Projections: THE BLITZ now projects a range of outcomes for every player based on their own unique skillset. This can help identify both ‘safe’ and ‘high upside’ plays for GPP players.
    Podcasts: Podcasts have become a staple of THE BAT product for MLB (and previously cost upwards of $100 to subscriber), so given their popularity, I’m going to be doing them for THE BLITZ subscribers this NFL season! Better yet, they will come completely FREE with all subscriptions to THE BLITZ in 2019. Each week, I’ll give my thoughts on the slate (including why THE BLITZ likes/doesn’t like certain players, why certain popular plays are good or bad, etc.)
    Discord Chat Room: A subscriber-only channel in the RotoGrinders Discord for THE BLITZ users to swap ideas and lineup suggestions. I hang out in here and answer questions a lot.

How Do I Buy THE BLITZ?

Simply head over to this page and follow the instructions! – If you have any questions, please post them here, hit me up on Twitter (@DerekCarty), or email (THEBLITZ@RotoGrinders.com) at anytime. I’m always happy to answer any questions you have about myself, THE BLITZ, or DFS in general.

• rishipatel412

How did the Blitz perform in 2017?

• bdub02

I’m really considering purchasing this. Does anybody have any experience with using this?

• DerekCarty

@rishipatel412 said...

How did the Blitz perform in 2017?

2017 was the first year THE BLITZ was available, but it did quite well also. We did a similar article looking at the optimal lineups after Week 10. Never got around to doing one at the end of the year, but I think the end results were pretty similar. It was a 65% cash rate at that point: https://rotogrinders.com/articles/the-blitz-an-examination-in-dfs-precision-2197548

• bp90

Does this give projections for Thursday, Monday, and Sunday night games?

• DerekCarty

@bp90 said...

Does this give projections for Thursday, Monday, and Sunday night games?

Absolutely!

• auguy35

What makes this stuff better than Awesemo? Asking because I currently am signed up with them.

• bp90

Does the Blitz give projections of

1.Individual players touchdowns on kickoff and punt returns
    2.Individual players two point conversion passes and scores
    3.Kickers

• bp90

@bp90 said...

Does the Blitz give projections of

1.Individual players touchdowns on kickoff and punt returns
    2.Individual players two point conversion passes and scores
    3.Kickers

I saw the projections a week ago and think I found the answers to these questions. No kickers, no showing return touchdowns, and no two point conversions.

• JimmyDick85

Anyone else having issues with the projection pages repeatedly crashing? Multiple browsers, multiple devices, and same issue. No reply from RG support. Might be a great system, but if you can’t actually access it then it’s not a great product…

• Ross
    @JimmyDick85 said...

No reply from RG support.

Hi, I was only able to find one email from your account and it was 15 minutes ago so it likely hasn’t been seen yet, but you should get a reply soon.

It sounds like your web browser is running out of memory and crashing. Can you try clearing your browser cache in Chrome and try it again?

If you’re using a mobile device to view the projections page the standard projections in THE BLITZ should work best for you. A few changes were made to that page so it would use less memory. The memory issue may be worse on the additional projections pages since there is much more data displayed.
    Both should work in LineupHQ though.

• JimmyDick85

Sent one yesterday as well, but thanks for the reply here. Issue is across all devices including a desktop, tablet, and mobile. I’ve tried clearing the cache – still incredibly unstable.

• Ross

Thats odd. Do you see any type of error message when it crashes? If so could you possibly send me over a screenshot of it to ross@rotogrinders.com?

Can you also let me know if it happens on this page: https://rotogrinders.com/grids/the-blitz-standard-projections-2003303?site=draftkings

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).