• whodat2

When: October 14-17

Where: Las Vegas

Last Year’s Winner: Jason Kokrak

Cut Rules: This is a no cut event with only 78 players

Course: The Summit Club | A par 72 playing at 7431 yards

Coverage: Golf Channel

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BIF

Whodat – they moved this to a new course

It’s at The Summit Club – here is some info on the course and field

https://www.pgatour.com/the-first-look/2021/10/10/course-field-preview-the-cj-cup-at-summit.html

• mitchsnyderdfw

Waiting for DK to payout PGA

• whodat2

Thanks…. updated.

• hbomb57

Think I will have an LU with SI Kim, H Kim, J Kim, Se Kim, Minku Kim and anchor it with a truncated Kim (IM),

• Getty33

@hbomb57 said...

Think I will have an LU with SI Kim, H Kim, J Kim, Se Kim, Minku Kim and anchor it with a truncated Kim (IM),

For a small field event there is quite an Asian contingent. Did they invite all these guys because of their golfing or gambling prowess?

FYI Colin Morikawa lives in the community at this golf club.

• BIF

@Getty33 said...

For a small field event there is quite an Asian contingent. Did they invite all these guys because of their golfing or gambling prowess?

FYI Colin Morikawa lives in the community at this golf club.

Because this event was originally (pre-Covid the past 2 years) to be played in Asia, they still allocate spots to those players who would have gotten an invite from the Asian Tour.

• Getty33

• JimKronlund

https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/dfh3qbq8/contests/upcoming
    Happy Meal and Euro both up.

• cplatt87

Probably going back to the KH Lee well again this week. Guy is still super cheap considering he’s been in pretty good form recently.

• JimKronlund

75/100 in the Happy Meal.
    13/20 in the Euro.

If anyone wants to join either contest, or Bif’s NFL when he puts it up. Go right ahead, first come first serve.
    If you need an invite just ask here and someone will send one.
    https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/dfh3qbq8/contests/upcoming

• Kingspark35

No CH.
    But I guess it’s summit to do lol.
    Time for a zeep5 block.
    One week someone will ask me what the hell I am talking about.
    Keeping one eye on that la palma volcano.
    HAND.

• Getty33

@Kingspark35 said...

No CH.
    But I guess it’s summit to do lol.
    Time for a zeep5 block.
    One week someone will ask me what the hell I am talking about.
    Keeping one eye on that la palma volcano.
    HAND.

What the hell is a zeep5 block?

• Kingspark35

At last.
    A zeep5 block enables me to pick 8 golfers so that if 4 of my picks are good , at least 3 will be together.
    I will use this in the winner takes all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzvn_qgKzG0

• lfn1992

If I made a 38 week Yahoo league in golf, would you join, and how much would you be willing to $ for a full season of fun?

Ex. a $20 league is a one-time $20 fee, winner gets $60 plus a tiny bit for 1st, 2nd, 3rd each week

If I get 20 people:

At end of league:

1st $64.80
    2nd $45.36
    3rd $34.56
    4th $25.92
    5th $19.44
    6th $15.12
    7th $10.80

Per round:

1st $1.90
    2nd $1.14
    3rd $0.76

• RudyPujols

@lfn1992 said...

If I made a 38 week Yahoo league in golf, would you join, and how much would you be willing to $ for a full season of fun?

Ex. a $20 league is a one-time $20 fee, winner gets $60 plus a tiny bit for 1st, 2nd, 3rd each week

If I get 20 people:

At end of league:

1st $64.80
    2nd $45.36
    3rd $34.56
    4th $25.92
    5th $19.44
    6th $15.12
    7th $10.80

Per round:

1st $1.90
    2nd $1.14
    3rd $0.76

I would be in for a $50 league if we could actually find 20 people (not confident we could based on how sparse the Yahoo chatter is on here).

I’m already doing the rake free H2H, free roll, and Gpp when there is overlay. I keep meandering in the $200-300 balance level and never hitting enough to justify a withdraw and never losing enough to have to deposit since original deposit years ago.

$50 feels like a sweet spot. A grand total pot. Enough to justify the effort. Similar investment to the happy meal (just over a buck a week).

Yahoo Name is DireWolf36.

• lfn1992

@RudyPujols said...

I would be in for a $50 league if we could actually find 20 people (not confident we could based on how sparse the Yahoo chatter is on here).

I’m already doing the rake free H2H, free roll, and Gpp when there is overlay. I keep meandering in the $200-300 balance level and never hitting enough to justify a withdraw and never losing enough to have to deposit since original deposit years ago.

$50 feels like a sweet spot. A grand total pot. Enough to justify the effort. Similar investment to the happy meal (just over a buck a week).

Yahoo Name is DireWolf36.

Same – just smaller numbers! I think I am just under $50 and I agree we might need casuals if we’re to do it. I bounce between $20 and $60 but I’m under at the moment

I entered a $20 full-season league last week but it didn’t fill. Sucks because I love the idea of a true, full-season PGA League like this.

• twopairsofones

I would be in for a $50 league

• lfn1992

What the heck

PGA $50 20-Team 38-Round League – RG Golf Forum Special

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/70191/overview

EDIT: needed to make it public/veterans allowed

• RudyPujols

@lfn1992 said...

What the heck

PGA $50 20-Team 38-Round League – RG Golf Forum Special

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/70191/overview

EDIT: needed to make it public/veterans allowed

Works for me. I’ll jump in. Year before last I was 1st in the Free Roll for several weeks and my rake free H2H opponents were almost always high volume sharps because I was at 99% rating because of it. It was fun and I held my own.

So, is the winner the best aggregate score of all 38 weeks or is there a rule that eliminates your worst 8 or so worst weeks like the Free Roll?

Edit: I couldn’t find anything in the rules the answers whether this is aggregate if all weeks or Best 30 weeks or whatever. Only us 3 this far, no sharks in the water. Any chance it actually fills by tomorrow? Will it remain set for the following week or just cancel and refund if it doesn’t fill?

Nice to have something to do on the first day I will have zero DK action in many moons. No MLB, no NFL, no PGA. Dead day.

• lfn1992

@RudyPujols said...

Works for me. I’ll jump in. Year before last I was 1st in the Free Roll for several weeks and my rake free H2H opponents were almost always high volume sharps because I was at 99% rating because of it. It was fun and I held my own.

So, is the winner the best aggregate score of all 38 weeks or is there a rule that eliminates your worst 8 or so worst weeks like the Free Roll?

Edit: I couldn’t find anything in the rules the answers whether this is aggregate if all weeks or Best 30 weeks or whatever. Only us 3 this far, no sharks in the water. Any chance it actually fills by tomorrow? Will it remain set for the following week or just cancel and refund if it doesn’t fill?

Nice to have something to do on the first day I will have zero DK action in many moons. No MLB, no NFL, no PGA. Dead day.

Yeah – I love the idea of having a contest with stakes that spans over the true PGA season (including fall events). And I agree $50 is the sweet spot where you feel like you get enough possible payout at the end to justify playing weekly.

Ironically I was HORRIBLE at the PGA freeroll league. I play every freeroll league they offer and I’ve done pretty well on some individual events across a bunch of sports, but the one I like the most and want to do the best at, the PGA one, I’d invariably pick the wrong guys even when I would MME on DK and get good payouts. I think my best two sports were, weirdly, NHL and EPL. Just luckboxed into some good performances, I think.

Right now I have 0 dropped contests. Maybe I should remake it so it’s the same rules as the freeroll – 8 (theirs was 9).

• lfn1992

Alright third time a charm

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/70206/overview

Open to public, veterans allowed, 8 lowest scores will be dropped (38 round contest)

RP, please WD from the other one and join this one.

Price $50 (less than $2/round for almost a year of fun)

Per round:

1st $4.74
    2nd $2.84
    3rd $1.89

At end of league contest:

1st $162
    2nd $113.40
    3rd $86.40
    4th $64.80
    5th $48.60
    6th $37.80
    7th $27

• RudyPujols

The “Leave League” tab is now gone for some reason. Hmm…

• RudyPujols

Ok, figured it out. TwoPairs is still on the old one.

• twopairsofones

i’m out of the old one and in the new one i think. Was a pain in the ass to get out of the first one. Couldn’t find the leave button too.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Thanks for setting this up LFN.

I’m in.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).