MLB FORUM

Comments

• SmartWater

Marketing and Social Media Manager

We’re excited to announce the fourth edition of our Single Entry Series in partnership with FanDuel!

Here are the details:

o There are 6 weeks of contests. Your top 4 weekly scores will count towards your total.

o The top finisher each week (total of 6 qualifiers) gets an all expense paid trip to Chicago to compete in a live final and a shot at the $30,000 prize pool. They will also receive $5,000 in FanDuel contest entry tickets.

o The entry fees for each week range from $2-$100.

We’ll keep the Leaderboard updated so you can follow along with all the action. You can check out the leaderboard here!

The complete list of prizes and full details can be found here as well!

Good luck!

• edro990

This is a great concept, and I appreciate FD continuing their efforts to promote single entry contests. But is a $100 buy-in really necessary?? I play single entry every day on FD and the $1-$25 single entries fill every day. The $100 dollar buy ins will more than likely eliminate most of the players who support the lower buy-ins on a daily basis for that week. I get there will be weeks of smaller buy-ins, but with only 6 seats available you would think they would try to keep all 6 weeks affordable to all. A $25 max would be the proper cutoff in my opinion. That said, FD is the only place I play MLB and I will continue to do so. They have the best product imo, I just think they could consider the little guy a bit more in this instance.

• tvsfrink

FYI your “Single Entry Series” link goes to the NBA page.

• eatmyturf23

@edro990 said...

This is a great concept, and I appreciate FD continuing their efforts to promote single entry contests. But is a $100 buy-in really necessary?? I play single entry every day on FD and the $1-$25 single entries fill every day. The $100 dollar buy ins will more than likely eliminate most of the players who support the lower buy-ins on a daily basis for that week. I get there will be weeks of smaller buy-ins, but with only 6 seats available you would think they would try to keep all 6 weeks affordable to all. A $25 max would be the proper cutoff in my opinion. That said, FD is the only place I play MLB and I will continue to do so. They have the best product imo, I just think they could consider the little guy a bit more in this instance.

99% agree with this (see edit). They can compensate by removing the extra $5K bonus to the winner, the live final in addition to the winnings along the way is enough.

Edit: though they don’t force you to play all 6 weeks. Each week is a live final winner, correct? Can just play the weeks with the lower entries.

• edro990

@eatmyturf23 said...

Edit: though they don’t force you to play all 6 weeks. Each week is a live final winner, correct? Can just play the weeks with the lower entries.

Agreed, and I will play only those weeks that are conducive to my bankroll management. I just feel that with only 6 seats available it is unnecessary to go up to the $50 & $100 buy-in levels.

• SmartWater

@tvsfrink said...

FYI your “Single Entry Series” link goes to the NBA page.

Thanks for the heads up!

• SmartWater

@edro990 said...

Agreed, and I will play only those weeks that are conducive to my bankroll management. I just feel that with only 6 seats available it is unnecessary to go up to the $50 & $100 buy-in levels.

Correct, you do NOT need to play each week.

• squidkill

@edro990 said...

I disagree- Build your roll more and only play what you can. Others with a higher bankroll enjoy the $50/$100 buy-ins-

• Nosuckoutplz

Good job giving some fore warning with this promo, including a banner at the top of the main page! This is how it’s done πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• Jammer812

I agree 100%. We, the little guy, support a majority of the entire FD community. The people playing the high stakes games are the professionals, who probably never actually pick a team, as I am confident they use algorithms to generate contest entries. This is also the only format I play, due to the quality that of product. Thank you for listening.

• thesteelcurtain24

I don’t understand why people like you have to “hate” on the people who are successful enough at DFS to enter the higher buy-ins. Believe me, I know where you’re coming from, as I am also considered a “little guy” in the industry, but during NBA season I thought I would try my hand at the $100 buy-ins for the Single-Entry Series. I actually never would have even considered entering a $100 contest if it weren’t for this RG Promo, but I did just because I had played in the previous smaller buy-ins. So that week I spent hours researching, and in those specific higher buy-in tournaments I actually won the most money I ever had. You can see the results in my profile from last February. And, I owe it all to RG for running a contest that allowed us “little guys” to step out of our comfort zones. If you are looking to become better at DFS, then you have to take risks like this. Let’s say you play in all 7 $100 buy-ins… Even if you have terrible days 3/7 slates, you can still be profitable if you win the other 4. My advice, if you sit back and play it safe forever, you won’t find yourself climbing up the rankings. Take some risks, step out of your comfort zone, and win money.

PS, for what it’s worth, a lot of the people entering the $100 entries usually are multi-entry players. So me, being a single-entry guy, had an advantage when I was playing against 70% people who are multi-entry players. In fact, most of the well-known “sharks” in the industry actually didn’t fare too well in these types of tournaments.

• Roma315

For tomorrow I only see $2 events is that correct?

• SmartWater

@Roma315 said...

For tomorrow I only see $2 events is that correct?

Correct, the entire week the buy in will be $2 a contest.

• SmartWater

Here is the landing page for the this contest and gives ALL the information you guys will need!

https://www.fanduel.com/mlb-single-entry-series

• Szentiger

@thesteelcurtain24 said...

I don’t understand why people like you have to “hate” on the people who are successful enough at DFS to enter the higher buy-ins. Believe me, I know where you’re coming from, as I am also considered a “little guy” in the industry, but during NBA season I thought I would try my hand at the $100 buy-ins for the Single-Entry Series. I actually never would have even considered entering a $100 contest if it weren’t for this RG Promo, but I did just because I had played in the previous smaller buy-ins. So that week I spent hours researching, and in those specific higher buy-in tournaments I actually won the most money I ever had. You can see the results in my profile from last February. And, I owe it all to RG for running a contest that allowed us “little guys” to step out of our comfort zones. If you are looking to become better at DFS, then you have to take risks like this. Let’s say you play in all 7 $100 buy-ins… Even if you have terrible days 3/7 slates, you can still be profitable if you win the other 4. My advice, if you sit back and play it safe forever, you won’t find yourself climbing up the rankings. Take some risks, step out of your comfort zone, and win money.

PS, for what it’s worth, a lot of the people entering the $100 entries usually are multi-entry players. So me, being a single-entry guy, had an advantage when I was playing against 70% people who are multi-entry players. In fact, most of the well-known “sharks” in the industry actually didn’t fare too well in these types of tournaments.

I have to agree of the fact that most multi entry players do not do as well as most would think on those single entry contests, so you will not know how would do if you do not take the risk, you will be very surprise so even though I am still small fish in the pond I will going to give it a go those higher buy ins and hopefully I have good enough time for research between work and family can be a bit tad at times.

• tvsfrink

I don’t get it, why are there two slates for this tomorrow? There will be more than one a day but you can only enter 7 total?

• noddy

This is great except for the high buy ins. Way to eliminate a bunch of us for some weeks

• Sax0

Yeah I am seeing one contest for 2pm slate, one for 7pm slate. I am confused as well.

• DoubleTime

• 2016 King of Summer: August

@tvsfrink said...

I don’t get it, why are there two slates for this tomorrow? There will be more than one a day but you can only enter 7 total?

Glad I read this, would have never thought to check for a second contest (I rarely play FD so just entered the one it brought me to thru the promo page).

Think somebody should clarify this. On the promo page it says this: “Play as often as you like (up to 7 times per week) to start stacking your stat sheet”

Assuming there are going to be multiple contests running some days, should we not enter more than 1 contest per day? What happens if we enter more than 7 contests in a week? Will it still count the highest 4 scores if we enter 8+ contests for a week?

• Roma315

what’s this 7 limit?

• wad11

I was wondering the same thing… The “up to 7x per week” thing is throwing me off. If you play 2 in one day, will it take your best score for each day, or just the top 4 scores out of 7? Say you have a good score today in the early slate and late slate, but have awful scores in both tomorrow, would it use 2 scores from Monday and zero from Tuesday?

• Sax0

Thursday June 1st is a really light MLB schedule…as in, 8 games total, 4 would only be on the main slate. Maybe today is an exception and they aren’t running this on Thursday? To keep the 7 total.

• fadein34

@SmartWater said...

Correct, the entire week the buy in will be $2 a contest.

Is every week going to be like this where the entry fee is the same every day?

• wad11

@fadein34 said...

Is every week going to be like this where the entry fee is the same every day?

Yes, same entry fee everyday for the whole week, then a different amount the next week.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@noddy said...

This is great except for the high buy ins. Way to eliminate a bunch of us for some weeks

I don’t get the couple of complaints about the “high buy ins” on here. RG is giving you numerous weeks of low buy-in, single entry opportunities to win prizes and compete for a free trip to Chicago and you choose to complain? If the $50 or $100 buy-ins are so offensive, then just don’t play. No reason to hate on RG for continuing a series that by and large addresses a common complaint on here (the high roller, multi-entry guys have all the advantages). Focus on building better lineups, staying within your bankroll management guidelines and do your best. If that isn’t enough for you and you have to complain about everything, you probably shouldn’t be playing DFS.

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

Excellent news all around!

Good luck to all

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).