PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: May 31 – June 1

Where: Dublin, Ohio

Course: Muirfield Village GC | A par 72 playing at 7392 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Jason Dufner at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +3

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | CBS

Google Doc

J_holiday’s H2H Spreadsheet

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BIF

Google sheet of Form/History is up already so you can add link

• timusbr

The World Cup of Golf has the Final Week This Week. Congratulations to these guys!!!!!

Final Week – The Memorial
    Championship Match
    astuaty vs cjs99
    3rd place match
    souvik0804 vs Wander_Bread

• whodat2

@BIF said...

Done and thanks.

• whodat2

@timusbr said...

The World Cup of Golf has the Final Week This Week. Congratulations to these guys!!!!!

Final Week – The Memorial
    Championship Match
    astuaty vs cjs99
    3rd place match
    souvik0804 vs Wander_Bread

Congrats to those guys and good luck.

• whodat2

Looks like another small field this week.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

Looks like another small field this week.

Yup another 120 player invitational

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Can we get a good Sunday finish this week. Last 3 weeks basically 0 drama.

• BIF

Quad/Dunzor were talking on the Fort Worth thread about young guys and key stats.

Agree on ball striking/GIR and also these greens are super fast – usually the green speeds are right up there with Augusta and US Open.

For young guys, first timers haven’t had great success here but a few have including Hideki winning here in his first crack.

Of all the first timers, I’ll be playing overweight shares of Austin Cook, Beau Hossler and Andrew Landry plus maybe I go back to the well with Burns who killed my best lineup this week with an MC (it had Na, Grillo and Rahm in top 5).

• Quadhole

@BIF said...

wow, awesome

• Dunzor

@BIF said...

Quad/Dunzor were talking on the Fort Worth thread about young guys and key stats.

Agree on ball striking/GIR and also these greens are super fast – usually the green speeds are right up there with Augusta and US Open.

For young guys, first timers haven’t had great success here but a few have including Hideki winning here in his first crack.

Of all the first timers, I’ll be playing overweight shares of Austin Cook, Beau Hossler and Andrew Landry plus maybe I go back to the well with Burns who killed my best lineup this week with an MC (it had Na, Grillo and Rahm in top 5).

Agreed on a couple of the guys you mentioned. Of the list that Quad had put in the other thread, the guys I’m considering from the ‘young gun’ list were: Landry, Cook, Dechambeau, Uihlein, and maybe Wise. I think of those only Dechamb & Uihlein have actually played here before so that would be my narrowed down list, but would consider the others if the prices are low and I need one to fill out a lineup

• Jamcclea

First tourney I ever went to live, couple years ago. Followed Rory around for a while. Lot of fun and absolutely beautiful course.

• BIF

A few guys have done a bit of travel

Grace has played at Trinity Forest in Dallas then flew to the BMW at Wentworth, England then now back to Ohio for this week. A few others are flying back from England as well – Rory and Ben An for sure and maybe others (haven’t looked too close yet).

• Quadhole

Rahm ruined my lineups here last year… I will certainly be off him here until he plays well.

• BIF

@Jamcclea said...

First tourney I ever went to live, couple years ago. Followed Rory around for a while. Lot of fun and absolutely beautiful course.

One of the most visually impressive courses on tour for sure – Augusta is next level but this is probably the best manicured of the next class.

• whodat2

@BIF said...

One of the most visually impressive courses on tour for sure – Augusta is next level but this is probably the best manicured of the next class.

Can the public play it?

• Jamcclea

@whodat2 said...

Can the public play it?

I believe it’s private. Interestingly when I went a couple years ago I got in with passes from a friend who works for the PGA. Normally those passes get you just about anywhere at a tournament. But here, majors and just a couple others (bay hill?) we didn’t have free reign.

• Quadhole

Dont see Rahm on the list,Everyone else is here. That should give some decent prices on Fowler, Kisner, Grillo, Scott. WOnder how many they can put over 9500

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

Can the public play it?

No – it’s private as Jam said but I know 2 people who went to (and one currently attending) Ohio State who all have been able to play it – very positive reviews but one look at it on TV makes that obvious.

• BIF

Think I’m just going to play the $44 entry Twirl and skip the 150 max 100K+ $5 entry; I’d rather play against 10% of the number of entries for same top prize.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Really important to pay attention to the weather this week. Right now Monday looks fine but I am finding different reports for Tuesday and Wednesday. Those two days could be soakers due to the tropical storm hitting tomorrow. If the course gets water we need to see how it plays, already a decently long course could play longer. In addition this could limit the rough being cut which could be issues as the rough is typically fairly thick to begin with at Murifield. Thursday appears to be some thunderstorms so will need to be monitored. Reason I bring this up is there are advantages to playing the soft course immediately after rain. I remember in the past, rains often at this tourney, players sticking iron shots extremely close after rain. The course is vulnerable to low scores, 64/65, when the conditions are correct while you can easily shoot 74-77 in adverse/slightly normal conditions.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Info on last year…
    6/6 16% this was driven by DJ and Rahm MC as they were 31% and 34%.

7 players over 20% owned

13 players between 10-19.99%

20 of the 120 players were 10% owned or higher

Justin Thomas was 7.6k now he is world #1 player

William McGirt was 8.6k! 4.38% Played him and were probably happy until he shot a +11 in the fourth round. Meanwhile the 4.71% who played Jason Dufner at 8.7k were ecstatic.

Bubba Watson played one of his few good tournaments at 2.6% ownership at 6.6k

Of the t12 players only four were owned over 10% while 8 were owned at 7% or less with four of the eight under 1%.

• BIF

Can’t stop watching Pieters snap his club

https://twitter.com/totalgolfmove/status/1000398931300376579?s=21

• Kp24

Good stuff there Cooper08, thank you.

• Quadhole

@Cooper08 said...

Info on last year…
    6/6 16% this was driven by DJ and Rahm MC as they were 31% and 34%.

7 players over 20% owned

13 players between 10-19.99%

20 of the 120 players were 10% owned or higher

Justin Thomas was 7.6k now he is world #1 player

William McGirt was 8.6k! 4.38% Played him and were probably happy until he shot a +11 in the fourth round. Meanwhile the 4.71% who played Jason Dufner at 8.7k were ecstatic.

Bubba Watson played one of his few good tournaments at 2.6% ownership at 6.6k

Of the t12 players only four were owned over 10% while 8 were owned at 7% or less with four of the eight under 1%.

All really good to know.
    Add Cameron Davis after his WEB win. Yet another Aussie to the Tour. Feels like Every year they, the South Africans, and GB catch us just a little more. Canada too, hell, 10 years ago there was hardly a good Canada plyer, now 6 or 7 compete… Doing well
    Looks Like GLover is to be here… He may want to wait another Month before playing, give it some distance.

Of the young guys, any from Ohio ?
    Think we have some here with ties, college, etc. Dufner, Kokrak, Armour

• mitchsnyderdfw

The CH on the Death Train looks enticing, probably gonna have some shares this week.

Thanks Coop for your weather insights, could be a big advantage this week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).