Where: Old Westbury, NY

Course: Ridgewood Country Club | A Par 71 playing at 7385 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Dustin Johnson at -13

Last Year’s Cut: +2

Coverage: PGATourLive| Golf Channel | CBS

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• whodat2

There must have been a lot of cussing in last years thread, seeing how I can’t find it.

• hbomb57

So looking at the yardage I take it this is a bombers course.

• Dunzor

Alright! Let the playoffs begin!

Sergio failed to play well enough on Sunday to get in. Harris English & Seamus Power got the last 2 spots.

• Dunzor

@whodat2 said...

There must have been a lot of cussing in last years thread, seeing how I can’t find it.

Was it still called The Barclay’s last year? I know the sponsorship changed either last year or the one before

• whodat2

@Dunzor said...

Was it still called The Barclay’s last year? I know the sponsorship changed either last year or the one before

I see Roth’s “Northern Trust” weather thread…. but not the main. No biggie, it’s just easier to use last years op as my template.

• Dunzor

I’ll post this again here so people don’t have to go back looking in the other thread:

Congrats to all winners…please PM at your convenience with your Paypal E-mail address to get paid (and your DK name if different than your RG one so I pay the right folks), or let me know if you’d prefer to pay the rake on DK and set up a H2H with me and get it that way. Here’s hoping I can spike another big prize during the playoffs so I can offer this up again.

Win Dunzor’s Money!

1st: $100 – Hautalak – PAID
    2nd: $75 – ndepompei – PAID
    3rd: $60 – kpw87 – PAID
    4th: $50 – KJP24 – PAID
    5th: $40 – blee21985 – PAID
    6th: $25 – El-Borrachos – PAID
    7th: $20 – slpanthers24 – PAID
    8th: $15 – brenmike922 – PAID
    9th: $10 – bolts1282 – PAID
    10th:$5 – samydavsjr

• hbomb57

This course fits into Tigers wheelhouse wide fairways and Augusta type greens.

• dangasin

Can’t wait for $7600 95% owned Finau this week!

• walkoff9

@whodat2 said...

I believe that was infamous thread with the new guy that started with saying Matsuyama would win because he was more motivated.

And if anyone is wondering how it turned out he missed a 5 footer on his final hole to miss the cut and knock me out of the FGWC.

• Jamcclea

One of the greatest drives ever:
    https://www.pgatour.com/video/2017/08/27/dustin-johnson-s-monster-drive-in-sudden-death-at-the-northern-t.html

• Dunzor

@Jamcclea said...

One of the greatest drives ever:
    https://www.pgatour.com/video/2017/08/27/dustin-johnson-s-monster-drive-in-sudden-death-at-the-northern-t.html

Ya I remember that, his putt on 18 in regulation followed by those 2 shots on the playoff hole were true #1 in the world golf shots.

Different course this year but it’s still a long-ish course so for sure could be a DJ week again

• BIF

@Dunzor said...

I’ll post this again here so people don’t have to go back looking in the other thread:

Just an FYI slpanthers24 has been banned for about a year so you’ll best be served just sending in a $20 H2H as he cannot PM or post on RG – he can read everything though.

• Dunzor

@BIF said...

Just an FYI slpanthers24 has been banned for about a year so you’ll best be served just sending in a $20 H2H as he cannot PM or post on RG – he can read everything though.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll try messaging him on the league chat to set something up

• BIF

FGWC Week !!!

No time like the present to hit the nuts for $250K; only 200 tickets of which half are held by multi-entry guys having 2-6 tickets each and then about 100 of us single bullet guys.

• BIF

@hbomb57 said...

So looking at the yardage I take it this is a bombers course.

I would say No to that looking at past leaderboards here and Course photos and satellite images.

• Dunzor

@BIF said...

FGWC Week !!!

No time like the present to hit the nuts for $250K; only 200 tickets of which half are held by multi-entry guys having 2-6 tickets each and then about 100 of us single bullet guys.

Ya good luck man, Hope you can take it down! I think at least one or two other forum guys have a seat as well. I doubt you’re selling any action but if you wanted to open up a small piece feel free to PM me

• BIF

Kuchar is an intriguing option to ponder this week

Recent form crap for the most par with what has to be a 10 year high in MCs for him including 4 MC in last 6 events to go with a 9th and a 14th.

Course history here at Ridgewood is a 5th in 2014 and a Rare Kooch Win in 2010 along with an MC in 2008.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@BIF said...

I would say No to that looking at past leaderboards here and Course photos and satellite images.

Sorry BIF but I have to agree with bombman on this one…not necessarily Augusta type greens as Augusta is in a category by itself. Below is a link for the course. The greens are described as fast, two tiers, three tiers, subtle breaks, large sloping breaks, undulations, etc.. in addition below are stats from data golf on this specific course and putting stands out in a way I have not seen for other courses. These are the % of were strokes gained came from.

42% SG putting, tourney avg 38%, tour avg 35%

SG putting 48%! Also keep in mind that the tourney avg is high due to this specific course.

Also, in 2014 every player in the T14 gained .60 strokes putting with the top players gaining 2-2.45 strokes. Only six players from T15 thru made cut gained one or more stroke putting while many were negative. The stats are similar for 2010 although four players in T20 lost strokes with best finishing T9.

Finally, SG Approach means little this week along with off the tee. The SG Approach number is the lowest I have seen 29% and 26% while the tour avg is 35%.

It’s easy to see that you must have a great putter this week, one that will favor the better putters on tour.

Edit: sorry I was referring to the putting that bombman was referring to not the bomber aspect.

• Dunzor

@Cooper08 said...

Sorry BIF but I have to agree with bombman on this one…not necessarily Augusta type greens as Augusta is in a category by itself. Below is a link for the

I’ll need to read more about the course but on initial look I’m more inclined to agree with BIF that I don’t think this is a bomber’s course. I think you’re gonna want accurate drivers of the ball and good long iron players. For sure some bombers fit the bill and will play well but I wouldn’t go crazy playing the less than elite bombers. Again gotta read a bit more and see some early week quotes before deciding but i think it’s gonna be a ball strikers week

• BIF

Coop, not sure what you were going to link as nothing there but nothing you said screams bombers course to me and IMO this is not a bombers course – it’s not an overly long course, it is tough and tight with long rough. Par 3 greens are very tiny (classic design feature by AW Tillinghast) while Par4/5 greens are big and rolling.

Last 2 winners here Mahan and Kuchar; not bombers at all – winner before that in 2008 was Vijay who was one of the top players in the world.

Edit – saw your edit – yup on Putting

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@BIF said...

Not sure what you were going to link as nothing there but this is not a bombers course – it’s not an overly long course, it is tough and tight with long rough. Par 3 greens are very tiny (classic design feature by AW Tillinghast) while Par4/5 greens are big and rolling.

Last 2 winners here Mahan and Kuchar; not bombers at all – winner before that in 2008 was Vijay who was one of the top players in the world.

See my edit, was referring to putting he referenced not bombing…my bad. Below is the link.

https://www.rcc1890.com/files/RCC%20Champ%20Course_smaller.pdf

• walkoff9

122 man field

Fowler out with oblique injury.
    Rory out dont know why
    Rodgers out don’t know why either

Rodgers season very well could be over if a handful of guys between 100-125 have a good showing.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Dunzor said...

I’ll need to read more about the course but on initial look I’m more inclined to agree with BIF that I don’t think this is a bomber’s course. I think you’re gonna want accurate drivers of the ball and good long iron players. For sure some bombers fit the bill and will play well but I wouldn’t go crazy playing the less than elite bombers. Again gotta read a bit more and see some early week quotes before deciding but i think it’s gonna be a ball strikers week

Based on the SG Approach number above and off the tee being below avg tournament I would say it’s all about putting, putting and more putting….with some driving accuracy thrown in there.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@walkoff9 said...

122 man field

Fowler out with oblique injury.
    Rory out dont know why
    Rodgers out don’t know why either

Rodgers season very well could be over if a handful of guys between 100-125 have a good showing.

Rory rest
    Rodgers wedding

Also expect Cauley to WD since he ha s been hurt

• whodat2

@BIF said...

Last 2 winners here Mahan and Kuchar;

So is this a different course from last year where DJ won?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.