PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrBreeze

THX WhoDat, Still gave it a like!

Going to share my two early cheap flyers after a once through the salaries …
    Emiliano Grillo 6700 & Marcus Armitage 6400

Line up construction this week looks different, salary cap not going to be as important, I can see plenty of entries leaving 1-3K on the table (at least for me).

Prediction – 6/6 % not going to be any higher than 2%

Going to drive in to DC Wed morning and visit William Hill, the closest location to place any bets right now. We have Sports Betting coming to MD, but nobody is up and running yet. Share any bets you are thinking of making, would be interested in how y’all make bets on golf, it’s new to me.

Reminder – anyone thinking of attending the BMW Championship in August, going to try to put together a meet, most likely on Saturday.

• depalma13

Ryan Fox is sneaky good on links courses.

• miggs6876

Early thoughts on FD. Like Brooks and Speith as my two spend ups

Fitz will be super chalky but is fairly priced at 9.9k.

Louie 11.1k is priced to the moon

Nice value plays: Poulter 8.4k, Kisner 8.9k, Macintyre 8.5k, Cink 8.3k, Glover 8.1k, Herbert 8k, and Fox 7.7k.

Also, I will be keeping on eye on the weather and who has the favorable tee times.

• jclem2115

Happy Monday from your friendly, neighborhood lurker!

I got Beat the Forum this week. Contests are up in the lobby…come take my money!

• JimKronlund

I see Quadhole has an interesting contest in league.
    https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/dfh3qbq8/contests/upcoming
    Non Americans ONLY via OWGR Flag by Quadhole #1

And jclem has a ton of BTF up as well.

• naj1073

Burns at 6300 seems kinda weird

• JimKronlund

Zach Johnson, who won The Open in 2015, has withdrawn due to testing positive for Covid-19.
    Louis de Jager has withdrawn due to testing positive for Covid-19.

• BlueEdwards

@MrBreeze said...

THX WhoDat, Still gave it a like!

Going to share my two early cheap flyers after a once through the salaries …
    Emiliano Grillo 6700 & Marcus Armitage 6400

Line up construction this week looks different, salary cap not going to be as important, I can see plenty of entries leaving 1-3K on the table (at least for me).

Prediction – 6/6 % not going to be any higher than 2%

Going to drive in to DC Wed morning and visit William Hill, the closest location to place any bets right now. We have Sports Betting coming to MD, but nobody is up and running yet. Share any bets you are thinking of making, would be interested in how y’all make bets on golf, it’s new to me.

Reminder – anyone thinking of attending the BMW Championship in August, going to try to put together a meet, most likely on Saturday.

Was looking at grillo too….but then I saw that he missed a bunch of cuts in a row. Think I’ll pass.

• BlueEdwards

@naj1073 said...

Way under priced. As is Berger

• manoffewwords

Last two winners of OPEN at Royal St. George were Darren Clarke at 150-1 odds and Ben Curtis 350-1. Might we see this again?

• lfn1992

@manoffewwords said...

Last two winners of OPEN at Royal St. George were Darren Clarke at 150-1 odds and Ben Curtis 350-1. Might we see this again?

Personally I won’t be picking either of them!

Happy Open week, everyone.

• JimKronlund

Ryan Moore (back injury) a WD ahead of 149th Open

• TrustinthePlan

Happy Open Week to Everyone and Good luck on your contests. Hope someone from here will take home the millys.

To me this course sets up for a longshot to take home the title. It has a wide variety of holes and requires a lot of precision. If you are slightly off on your approach to the green you can pay a severe price. Being on the momentum from last week I would say Glover might need to be in some lineups.

• byo34

I can only pray that some of these cheap guys become chalk because they have done well at birdie fests 😂

Reminder: take a look at their play at recent majors/tough events and past Open experience.

• byo34

But to actually contribute… I do really like Cink at 6900.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I’ll procrastinate on making my train wreck lineups. I want to make sure I don’t have any WD fools if the MC people won’t already kill me, lol! Thank god I won $1,300 on the basketball thing, so I got a bit of spending money on golf.

• timusbr

@JimKronlund said...

Zach Johnson, who won The Open in 2015, has withdrawn due to testing positive for Covid-19.
    Louis de Jager has withdrawn due to testing positive for Covid-19.

F’n idiots

not that i would have rostered either although I was 100% ZJ last week (wonder how he managed to get all 4 rounds in before the positive test. and De Jager is one of my favorite 6k scrubs.)

• Wander_Bread

Wow a lot of withdraws here due to Covid or other.

The fact that this course is pretty short by tour standards makes almost anyone in play here. The last 2 winners here supports that as stated above.

Rickie is definitely interesting to me. He played well here in 2011 and is on his last exempt attempt at the Open. Needs a big week, and I always thought his game fit links courses well.

Sergio had decent finishes here both in 2003 and 2011 so he is someone to think about in the 7k range as well.

• lfn1992

Bubba’s out too?

Johnson played in the John Deere Classic and was slated to fly with a handful of other golfers over to The Open on Sunday evening. Why does this matter? Well, according to protocol, you can get contact traced out of the event even if you have already been vaccinated, which theoretically means that everyone on that plane could have to withdraw at some point if just one person on it tests positive. It is not believed that Johnson was on it.

This happened to Bubba Watson, who was forced to withdraw on Sunday even though he’s been vaccinated because of contact tracing. This appears to be a UK travel policy that the R&A is following and not tied to the R&A (or The Open) itself.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/british-open-2021-former-champion-zach-johnson-withdraws-due-to-covid-19/

If that whole plane is out due to contact tracing… Unbelievable. Zach Johnson had to have been on the plane. Right?

• BIF

@naj1073 said...

Has he ever been overseas before ?

Haven’t looked into his history yet but I don’t recall seeing him playing overseas in any Euro events before and first timers on Links courses don’t usually see the weekend.

• BrianVT

Could Bubba or any of these other (non-injury) WDs go play in the Barbasol?

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Haven’t looked into his history yet but I don’t recall seeing him playing overseas in any Euro events before and first timers on Links courses don’t usually see the weekend.

How is Joker in these events? I have yet to begin any research, but I needed a default lineup to get my foot in the door of some contests (notably, 😊 the Happy Meal 😊). So he’s in it for now.
    ~

• Vanderob14

@BIF said...

He played the Scottish this past weekend if that counts.

• JimKronlund

@Vanderob14 said...

He played the Scottish this past weekend if that counts.

Yes and it was a true links style course and Burns was T18.

• SpudCrowley

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@timusbr said...

F’n idiots

not that i would have rostered either although I was 100% ZJ last week (wonder how he managed to get all 4 rounds in before the positive test. and De Jager is one of my favorite 6k scrubs.)

They’re idiots for testing positive for COVID?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).