PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ifthethunder

@BlueEdwards said...

FWIW…this knucklehead at work told me to play Richard bland. Do whatever you feel is prudent with this information.

I’m gonna steal your stapler!
    ~

• otto637

@Felixxberg said...

Why is no one talking about Koepka? Is he too obvious?

He is going to be top 5 owned. Every single tout has mentioned this guy as a bet/play.

• timusbr

So many great things talked about in the previous pages of this thread.
    1)Covid got the most talk, but apart from fears of OMG not another week of my heaviest owned guys WD, its an issue out of our control and aka is noise
    2)weather and wind got some talk and it could be relevant might not be. It should be breezer than the average event but dang its pretty consistant. I took a shot at elevating some gofers I thought were good wind players and cut some that I thought were not. As far as early/late, I guessed early each day was a better choice. I dont like Bland is #1 off the tee Thur morning. but others probably do like it.
    3)I loved the few posts that dealt with Bias. I write this to tell everyone 😆 We would all have the same LU’s if we didnt have biases. I think all I do, is make choices from my biases. My bias’s have bias.
    4) the hottest top golfer right now is Jon Rahm. I have 0 and Friday/Sun probably will have me doing Tequila shots and calling myself an idiot again.
    5) I think everyone from 11300 to 7400 is playable. I was using the eliminate a guy method rather than Love this guy method. I didnt use any golf stats, I was using DFS stats, and comparing all Majors/WGC’s/Top Invitationals.
    6) Tiers is a total bitch to play, good luck. I only played the dime and qtr in Tiers.

This is going to be fun (I hope it will be). 40 LU’s in minimax, with 28 golfers. in every 3-max and SE under $12. I think the heaviest concentration of ownership will be low 8K’s Hi 7K’s and feel I am a bit chalkie. Now the agonizing part is to match up LU’s to contests. Havn’t the faintest idea of what my Happy Meal LU will be.

Winner: X-man (mostly due to process of elimination of others), I also am putting JT out there.
    Fade: Rahm and the drama queens – Brooks and Bison
    sleepers: a long list…..most used by me Bland, Poulter, Cam Smith, Kokrak
    Deep dives: Nicholas Poppleton 6100 he is going to pop for a ton of cash :) (I always pick 1 regional qualifier in this event)
    I also like a shot at Capt Kirk 6400, Lucas Glover 6600

• BlueEdwards

So….no weather advantage to really speak of?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@timusbr said...

This is going to be fun (I hope it will be). 40 LU’s in minimax

That’s where I’m at too this week. Haven’t got my pool yet but I’m sure it’ll be larger. Won’t pick a winner yet but XMan is a top contender for me.

I’m gonna have too much Cink and maybe Conners. I am afraid of some chalk bombs but I’m avoiding the Herbert one (that’s my prediction for him). Somehow he feels awfully chalky but I don’t believe EURO hype but that’s had me miss on Higgo.

• lfn1992

@depalma13 said...

We don’t know much about our other new flag bearer Poom Saksansin, but we have a feeling we are going to get to shout some POOM! at the TV this week.

Poom is the Barn Rat’s nemesis, I think. A good old-fashioned Thai golf rivalry.

• lfn1992

@kbarnhill7523 said...

I know he is being touted this week, but I want nothing to do with Xander this week. No way should he be more expensive than Spieth or JT and Cantlay is basically the same player but 8900 instead of 10k. He does have an excellent record in majors but just over priced here.

Anyone who loves Xander here? Love to hear thoughts.

The dude T10ed here last week. I like both him at JT and I am way more undecided on Spieth.

• golgi

@BlueEdwards said...

So….no weather advantage to really speak of?

Winds out of the north both days (Thursday and Friday) between 13-16 mph. With gusts in the afternoon. No clear advantage.

• lfn1992

@Steverino01 said...

What can you Euro fans tell me about Armitage? Need a cheep one down low, but would like to fade chalk Burns who sucks in majors.

Kind of a big hitter who did well in the mountain swing. His form in England leaves something to be desired, though he made the cut in both the Scottish and Irish Opens.

• NDNole

@BlueEdwards said...

FWIW…this knucklehead at work told me to play Richard bland. Do whatever you feel is prudent with this information.

Are you going to play him?

• lfn1992

@BlueEdwards said...

When your grandma is giving you stock tips, time to sell!

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

According to Mayo, English more owned than Berger. If that’s true, it’s time to make a big switch.

• BlueEdwards

@lfn1992 said...

• Baysman

Really liking Max Homa as a low owned pick at $7100. Anybody else on him at all? Or am I nuts.

• ifthethunder

@lfn1992 said...

Indeed.

https://www.hotcandlestick.com/DKNG
    ~

• BBWC_10

I’m usually a 2/3 LU guy, I’m up to 7, I need to stop!!! I wonder if my Happy Meal LU will continue to be my worst of all my LU’s.

• BlueEdwards

Anyone have ownership on:

Cink
    Grace
    Macintyre
    Poulter

Thanks in advance

• JH822547

Cink 6.5
    Grace 13
    Macintyre 6.5
    Poulter 10

We’re not friends.

• RudyPujols

@Baysman said...

Really liking Max Homa as a low owned pick at $7100. Anybody else on him at all? Or am I nuts.

Has one of the most abysmal major records imaginable. I think 1/9 made cuts with a T64.

But Max is always a guy who pops with counterintuitive results so who knows. I personally think he was chipping and putting way out of his league when he went on that heater that included the Genesis win and that his short game struggles might be back. But certainly an elite ball striker who could pop if the short game cooperates. The price is low and some
    might put too much weight on the major track record. If you buy that he is a different caliber of golfer than he was in prior years, he could be a steal. If you think his heater earlier this year was just unsustainably hot short game, then he’s a fade.

Also, not trying to talk you off him, but he does most his work on Par 5’s:
    2021 Stats
    Par 5: 10th on Tour
    Par 4: 141st on Tour
    Par 3: 97th on Tour

Not an inspiring profile for a Par 70 Major Event

• BlueEdwards

@JH822547 said...

Cink 6.5
    Grace 13
    Macintyre 6.5
    Poulter 10

We’re not friends.

Appreciate it.

• timusbr

@lfn1992 said...

IDK, My grandma when alive was a savy player. Tons of AT@T from way early. She maxed on Utilities that did well, conversly I went Enron 😖. I gave up after that.

• depalma13

@mookie336 said...

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/12355758/the-149th-open-players-at-risk-of-disqualification-if-they-breach-covid-19-protocols-in-sandwich

This is just stupid. Letting 32,000 fans in as an experiment!

Can’t wait for one of those 32,000 to cross the ropes and instead of stealing Rory’s club, he gives him a hug.

I guess Rory gets immediately DQd.

• lfn1992

Currently there are 2 MiniMax contests.

No. 1 17,835 entries, 4100th and above cashes 2× 1st $750, 2nd $300, 3rd 150, 4th $75, 5th $60

No. 2 142,687 entries, 29,950th and above cashes 2x, 1st $6,000, 2nd $2,000, 3rd $1,000, 4th $500, 5th, $400

No. 1 is like vastly superior to No. 2!

• timusbr

@depalma13 said...

Can’t wait for one of those 32,000 to cross the ropes and instead of stealing Rory’s club, he gives him a hug.

I guess Rory gets immediately DQd.

Whats real interesting to me is, Sunday walking to the 18th green after the approach shot and the golfers get mobbed before security gets in to separate people.

• lfn1992

@depalma13 said...

I agree, it’s batshit crazy. I can swallow tough COVID protocols/no fans or PGA protocols/fans, but this combination is stupid.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).