PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ifthethunder

@JH822547 said...

Cink 6.5
    Grace 13
    Macintyre 6.5
    Poulter 10

We’re not friends.

Hello, my fiend. Have anything for the woods, Lee West and Tommy Fleet?
    ~

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

@ifthethunder said...

Hello, my fiend. Have anything for the woods, Lee West and Tommy Fleet?
    ~

Or Berger, English and Day?

• lfn1992

Twitter is discontinuing Fleets. Adjust your LUs accordingly.

• miggs6876

@BlueEdwards said...

Chalk Louie or chalk spieth….🤔

Spieth for me.

• miggs6876

@Felixxberg said...

Why is no one talking about Koepka? Is he too obvious?

Simple for me because this is a major. I think he’s right there come Sunday.

• BlueEdwards

So,…over the years I’ve tried the following DFS strategies:

Fade the chalk
    Play the chalk and have a 2% guy
    Play for a combined ownership below certain %
    Fade the touts sleepers
    Play the touts sleepers
    Play a high-end core and sprinkle cheapies
    Play cheapies core and sprinkle high-end guys
    Leave some money on the table
    Leave a lot of money on the table
    Don’t play a core…:just 6 random guys

Nothing works. Still have never won anything of any consequence

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

@BlueEdwards said...

Fade the chalk
    Fade the touts sleepers
    Play the touts sleepers

Yeah. DFS is hard. Gotta get lucky.

• BlueEdwards

@klf_is_gonna_rock_ya said...

Yeah. DFS is hard. Gotta get lucky.

That I haven’t tried. Thanks.

• NDNole

@lfn1992 said...

Twitter is discontinuing Fleets. Adjust your LUs accordingly.

This makes it sound like Fleetwood isnt playing? Is that what you are saying because I dont see that news anywhere?

• nicholasmarsh

@NDNole said...

This makes it sound like Fleetwood isnt playing? Is that what you are saying because I dont see that news anywhere?

• carolinacrusher

US Open perfect LU $400 left on the table, ownership %‘s 19.34, 20.38, 19.04, 7.5, 1.63, 0.21 PGA Championship perfect LU $3700 left on the table, ownership %‘s 1.33, 3.85, 10.73, 4.31, 0.17, 13.66 These were the perfect lineups, not winning lineups. Looks like touts and everyone else are really bad at picking fantasy golfers.

• timusbr

@miggs6876 said...

@Felixxberg said…

Simple for me because this is a major. I think he’s right there come Sunday.

yep, I have been riding Brook’s, just because its a major for a long time. I didnt go with him this years PGA Champ and he finished 2nd. Oh the names I called myself that week. (made idiot look like a compliment). Loaded up on him in the US Open.

I believe he is gonna have ownership because of this. I just went a different way. I am sticking to it. I am fading him because, I lost a little faith in him (biased I am sure). and wanted the extra 700-1100 in salary and used X or JT (also thinking they were an ownership bargain, but too many people here have said similar and I guess they are chalk).

I think many who say if its a major you must play Brooks have had conflicting thoughts…A conundrum.

• BlueEdwards

@carolinacrusher said...

US Open perfect LU $400 left on the table, ownership %‘s 19.34, 20.38, 19.04, 7.5, 1.63, 0.21 PGA Championship perfect LU $3700 left on the table, ownership %‘s 1.33, 3.85, 10.73, 4.31, 0.17, 13.66 These were the perfect lineups, not winning lineups. Looks like touts and everyone else are really bad at picking fantasy golfers.

Well that’s for fucking sure

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@lfn1992 said...

No. 2 142,687 entries, 29,950th and above cashes 2x, 1st $6,000, 2nd $2,000, 3rd $1,000, 4th $500, 5th, $400

Imagine finishing 5th out of 142K entrants and winning $400 minus your entry fees. Such a joke!

• Felixxberg

@BlueEdwards said...

I love that one a little once in a while!

• timusbr

@BlueEdwards said...

Fade the chalk
    Fade the touts sleepers
    Play the touts sleepers

If you were new to golf but not DFS. I would say pick 1-3 theories and stick to it. Dont change every week, dont hindsight 1 week and think its the same next week. Pick the strategy and stay with it. Watch all the golf you can and look at the guys rimming the hole more often than not. thats the guy primed to make a week. IMHO

• NDNole

@nicholasmarsh said...

It’s a Twitter thing…

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/14/22577166/twitter-fleets-shuts-down-stories-clone

Lol well thats a relief.

• lfn1992

@Felixxberg said...

Imagine finishing 5th out of 142K entrants and winning $400 minus your entry fees. Such a joke!

Imagine finishing in the top 0.0003% of LUs and maybe, maybe winning 3x your investment with maxxing it out.

Last week in EURO I finished 18th out of 7,058 entries (top 0.2% of entries), $10 to win $60, and that felt like I was jipped, too, especially considering top prize was $20,000.

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

Imagine spending half a day deciding between Berger and English only to have some random Euro guy beat both of them by 25 DK points.

• timusbr

Ive been sitting in the $1 snake drafts this afternoon and wow they are just moving along, filling and drafting fast.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Anyone here in the $4,444? I’m in. Let me know if you want to trade pieces.

Got 100 in the $10 Milly as well.

Let’s gooooooooo

• lfn1992

Imagine spending half a day deciding between Berger and English only to have some random Euro guy beat both of them by 25 DK points.

This is precisely why I’m fading both!

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

No Berger for me and only like 10% English.

• Felixxberg

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Anyone here in the $4,444? I’m in. Let me know if you want to trade pieces.

Got 100 in the $10 Milly as well.

Let’s gooooooooo

Couldn’t get a ticket unfortunately! I finished 9th/67 last week with a 5/6 in a birdie fest. Really wish Redman didn’t double bogey his last hole to miss the cut…

I withdrew what I had left after the NHL season, but left just enough to play the $100 and a few NBA contests.

• Kingspark35

Gotta luv Poults lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15575592/ian-poulter-euro-2020-final-tickets/

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).